What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5202 - JeepForum.com
 761Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #78016 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 05:39 PM
Rum_Maximus
Registered User
 
Rum_Maximus's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I want one of those but idk how that hook and loop tape will hold up
Not too bad, if you prep the plastic w/ alcohol pads before sticking the velcro on there. But I do like the idea of additional fasteners. I might have to grab some washers & pop rivet the corners of the velcro just for a little extra hold.

Overall I recommend the cubby bags.


Alive & sober since 01 January 2016
Rum_Maximus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #78017 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 06:02 PM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,602
Garage
Added a new sticker. We did a secret Santa at school and the person that bought for me said there was more coming, so here it is. Thought it was pretty funny.
Attached Images
 

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #78018 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 06:28 PM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
BlueBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,162
Stupid camera quit working after I got the before pictures, so I didn't get to take any after pictures. But this is what I did today.

Replaced and installed front coil springs. RE 4.5" coils. 3/4" poly spacers. All 4 RE shocks. IRO short fixed arms upper and lower. IRO double shear track bar and bracket. IRO bar pin eliminators.

I can't believe how much better this thing rides. All death wobble is gone!! Even with the bad upper CA bushings. Didn't have a ball joints press. (Even though I have the new bushings) It goes to the shop Monday for the front diff rebuild and locker install. I'll have them put the new bushings in then and the right side hub assembly.
BlueBadger is offline  
 
post #78019 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 06:55 PM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger
Stupid camera quit working after I got the before pictures, so I didn't get to take any after pictures. But this is what I did today. Replaced and installed front coil springs. RE 4.5" coils. 3/4" poly spacers. All 4 RE shocks. IRO short fixed arms upper and lower. IRO double shear track bar and bracket. IRO bar pin eliminators. I can't believe how much better this thing rides. All death wobble is gone!! Even with the bad upper CA bushings. Didn't have a ball joints press. (Even though I have the new bushings) It goes to the shop Monday for the front diff rebuild and locker install. I'll have them put the new bushings in then and the right side hub assembly.
Currenlty i have just the double shear installed, and it made a world of difference. My adjustable arms, coils, and 1 ton steering are just waiting to go in. But the good news is we started my dads mason dump for the first time in a while last night. So soon enough that should be able to move out of the garage under its own power, and I can move my jeep in for a week or two
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #78020 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 07:46 PM
KennyKaraoke
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 66
New Milestone!!

Now that the Jeep has been handed down to youngest son, he got to see it hit 200,000, dammit, told him I wanted to be driving it.
He'll go away to college this fall and after 3 years in the hands of two teenage boys, it'll finally be mine again.
KennyKaraoke is offline  
post #78021 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 07:59 PM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
BlueBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post

Currenlty i have just the double shear installed, and it made a world of difference. My adjustable arms, coils, and 1 ton steering are just waiting to go in. But the good news is we started my dads mason dump for the first time in a while last night. So soon enough that should be able to move out of the garage under its own power, and I can move my jeep in for a week or two
Man I can't even tell you what a difference this made! It's like a whole new Jeep! I'll take it for an alignment when I get it back from the shop. I'm going to order some kind of sway bar discos and 1 ton steering as well. Can't wait to see the finished set up. But winter is going by fast and Land Speed season approacheth! The Busa needs paint and tunning the new engine and setting up its suspension. Too many hobbies!
BlueBadger is offline  
post #78022 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 08:55 PM
FairlanePhil
Registered User
 
FairlanePhil's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 3,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum_Maximus View Post
Not too bad, if you prep the plastic w/ alcohol pads before sticking the velcro on there. But I do like the idea of additional fasteners. I might have to grab some washers & pop rivet the corners of the velcro just for a little extra hold.

Overall I recommend the cubby bags.
link to bag seller?

Current: 99XJ 6.5 lift-Bought 2015
Sold: Patriot Blue 00 XJ.
'sploded: 01 stock-0331 head victim
FairlanePhil is offline  
post #78023 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Rum_Maximus
Registered User
 
Rum_Maximus's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
link to bag seller?

Jeep Cherokee XJ "parts" rear storage bag

Also, for the folks who want something a little more substantial...
New JEEP CHEROKEE XJ CARGO BOX Steel LOCKING storage Camping Tactical - Lido Box


I bought the storage box last night and eBay says I'll have it by Monday the 8th. Once I get it installed I'll post pics & comments.

Alive & sober since 01 January 2016
Rum_Maximus is offline  
post #78024 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 09:10 PM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger
Man I can't even tell you what a difference this made! It's like a whole new Jeep! I'll take it for an alignment when I get it back from the shop. I'm going to order some kind of sway bar discos and 1 ton steering as well. Can't wait to see the finished set up. But winter is going by fast and Land Speed season approacheth! The Busa needs paint and tunning the new engine and setting up its suspension. Too many hobbies!
Haha i hear you there. I cant wait to get mine setup either. Post some pics of the busa when you get it all tuned up for the season
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #78025 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 09:23 PM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
BlueBadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post

Haha i hear you there. I cant wait to get mine setup either. Post some pics of the busa when you get it all tuned up for the season
Will do my friend. Here's a bit of a tease. This is how she sat before break down. And this is the new paint color. PPG Viper GTS Pearl bule. She'll be pretty enough for show but designed for go.
Attached Thumbnails
ForumRunner_20160130_231923.jpg   ForumRunner_20160130_231945.jpg  
BlueBadger is offline  
post #78026 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 09:57 PM
300cpilot
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Meridian
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I want one of those but idk how that hook and loop tape will hold up
Buy the industrial Velcro. I used it to anchor laptops in a doctors office. It broke all of the laptops when we tried to get them off the counters. Tuff stuff!
300cpilot is offline  
post #78027 of 91579 Old 01-30-2016, 10:04 PM
shooptube
Web Wheeler
 
shooptube's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southgate
Posts: 3,983
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum_Maximus View Post
Jeep Cherokee XJ "parts" rear storage bag

Also, for the folks who want something a little more substantial...
New JEEP CHEROKEE XJ CARGO BOX Steel LOCKING storage Camping Tactical - Lido Box


I bought the storage box last night and eBay says I'll have it by Monday the 8th. Once I get it installed I'll post pics & comments.
Whoah that locking box would be great for when I go doorless! Please post a review once you get it installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
shooptube is offline  
post #78028 of 91579 Old 01-31-2016, 05:06 AM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300cpilot
Buy the industrial Velcro. I used it to anchor laptops in a doctors office. It broke all of the laptops when we tried to get them off the counters. Tuff stuff!
I have it, used it for the same thing but on a boat instead of a doctors office.

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #78029 of 91579 Old 01-31-2016, 05:38 AM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger
Will do my friend. Here's a bit of a tease. This is how she sat before break down. And this is the new paint color. PPG Viper GTS Pearl bule. She'll be pretty enough for show but designed for go.
Your gonna laugh but i have something painted the same color blue i think. I dont know about the gts, but i know its from a viper, and is in fact pearl blue. Only yours is a tad cooler than mine . I will post a pic today if i remember don't have any right now
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #78030 of 91579 Old 01-31-2016, 07:11 AM
Cage583
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Greenville
Posts: 378
Woke up at 8:00am and worked till 11:30pm replacing my head gasket yesterday. Sounded like crap for a solid 5 minutes afterwards and didn't want to start. Thought I had screwed something up until it stayed running and slowly started improve. Now it runs like a champ! A lot smoother and more power! Real happy I did it now.

'92 Cherokee 4L HO 4x4

J-Just
E-Empty
E-Every
P-Pocket
Cage583 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome