What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 1887 - JeepForum.com
 758Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #28291 of 91575 Old 07-07-2011, 07:14 PM
1990JEEPXJ
Registered User
 
1990JEEPXJ's Avatar
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
how much? sounds interesting.
it was $160 shipped. and it looks like new. he completely cleans and repaints them. good deal considering reman boxes are over $200 from napa and nearly $150 from autozone. was a no brainer for me






Completely stock, and keeping it that way...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #28292 of 91575 Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
7urtle
Registered User
 
7urtle's Avatar
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 60633-46319
Posts: 1,504
drove it to go horse back riding

hit it with a hammer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-1UMF a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor
7urtle is offline  
post #28293 of 91575 Old 07-07-2011, 09:18 PM
donthelegend
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 930
Finished trimming the rear fenders and threw the 33s on! Crappy cell phone pics but you get the idea. And in case anyone is wondering, they're 285/75/R16 MT/Rs with Kevlar on 16x7 soft 8s with 4" of BS, on 3" of lift.
Attached Thumbnails
Photo035.jpg   Photo034.jpg  
donthelegend is offline  
 
post #28294 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Has anyone ever seen rocketeer on a Cherokee I can't find any this is my buddies truck and they make the truck look amazing I want some so bad I have m/t side biters now
Attached Thumbnails
image-1954588553.png   image-2522753998.jpg  
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #28295 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj
Has anyone ever seen rocketeer on a Cherokee I can't find any this is my buddies truck and they make the truck look amazing I want some so bad I have m/t side biters now
Rockstars
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #28296 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
keepishop
Registered User
 
keepishop's Avatar
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 3,372
GF is out of town...



1" mounting depth in this prototype. Should be pretty easy to make it fit.


Current: Black 89 limited, dakota bastard pack, zj coils, 1.5" lift, open cooling swap,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in Pieces: Red 1990 cherokee dana30/8.25 - v8 zj coils & s10 bastard pack 2.5" lift - 31x10.5r15 tires - v8 zj tierod

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
Bleed or Quit.
jf irc @ irc.freenode.net #jeepforum
keepishop is offline  
post #28297 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 02:07 AM
bldeagle10
Registered User
 
bldeagle10's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peoria
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
it was $160 shipped. and it looks like new. he completely cleans and repaints them. good deal considering reman boxes are over $200 from napa and nearly $150 from autozone. was a no brainer for me
oh man i will have to look into that, i need to rebuild my box anyways cause its leaking bad, and i will also have to google what the hydro assist stuff is so i know what ill have to spend to make that work? lol

tomorrow morning im finally buying an A/C hose assembly, the jeep grave yard here doesnt have any so i have to go with the parts store, no more driving around in 120* heat with the windows down sweating profusely

this means sunday i will be recharging the A/C hopefully, if my dad isn't holding a grudge against me for telling his wife to shut up she really shouldnt talk out of place... also the u-joints will be replaced on sunday. hopefully this means no more front end wobble at hwy speeds, no more rattling at low speed, and no more vibes under hard braking.

(disclaimer: i'm really not a dick to my stepmom but she isn't the greatest person in the world and i was having a horrendous day having just found out the my best friend/lover at the time (we had a fling) was leaving me for her ex who she married the next day and my stepmom was on my case about something while i was doing a roadside lower ball joint change on a 94 mustang in the lovely arizona summer sun...bad day...:end disclaimer)

1999 XJ Cherokee SE 4.0 330k miles, DD, 2" spacers Chili Pepper Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS: 2000 XJ 4.0 ECU pm for details!
Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm
bldeagle10 is offline  
post #28298 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
lrsmithwhaley
Registered User
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Whiteman AFB
Posts: 1,259
I drove mine, and thought about putting the back muffler on. After looking, I need a welder for it to stay. I also gotta figure out why my temp sensor isn't working. I'm thinking it's a bad wire, I'm just not sure where.

Green with Silver trim 1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (DD and Off-roader)
March 2007 Stock Class XJ of the Month
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline  
post #28299 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 AM
No4x4Yet
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
Has anyone ever seen rocketeer on a Cherokee I can't find any this is my buddies truck and they make the truck look amazing I want some so bad I have m/t side biters now
A guy by m e had em on his wrangler. I thought they look pretty good. Lil unconventional on a jeep being they were 20s but he said he still got great traction.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6285081&type=1
No4x4Yet is offline  
post #28300 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 07:09 AM
No4x4Yet
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 629
Just sent money via Paypal, $90 for 3" springs and control arms.
No4x4Yet is offline  
post #28301 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 AM
christianbe
Registered User
 
christianbe's Avatar
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Martinsville
Posts: 140
Just threw some new floor mats in from Lloyd's custom floor mats! These things are uber nice and they have a big red JEEP embroidered in the fronts and the rear deck mat.
christianbe is offline  
post #28302 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
jeepkid03
Registered User
 
jeepkid03's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Storrs
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
oh man i will have to look into that, i need to rebuild my box anyways cause its leaking bad, and i will also have to google what the hydro assist stuff is so i know what ill have to spend to make that work? lol

tomorrow morning im finally buying an A/C hose assembly, the jeep grave yard here doesnt have any so i have to go with the parts store, no more driving around in 120* heat with the windows down sweating profusely

this means sunday i will be recharging the A/C hopefully, if my dad isn't holding a grudge against me for telling his wife to shut up she really shouldnt talk out of place... also the u-joints will be replaced on sunday. hopefully this means no more front end wobble at hwy speeds, no more rattling at low speed, and no more vibes under hard braking.

(disclaimer: i'm really not a dick to my stepmom but she isn't the greatest person in the world and i was having a horrendous day having just found out the my best friend/lover at the time (we had a fling) was leaving me for her ex who she married the next day and my stepmom was on my case about something while i was doing a roadside lower ball joint change on a 94 mustang in the lovely arizona summer sun...bad day...:end disclaimer)

note: girls who are into "NSA" fun are usually skanks, find yourself a real girl if you want someone who will stick around.

Today I re-tightened my lug nuts and even though I torqued them to spec 4 of them were loose. Its probably because I painted the wheels before mounting them though. Those of you who have painted your wheels check your lugs!

-Josh

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jeepkid03 is offline  
post #28303 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.
 
Chelsea's Avatar
1999 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cadillac, MI
Posts: 584
I just finished installing extended brake lines so that I can lift it more on sunday. Gotta make room for the new 33s

Chelsea

2005 WK Limited, 5.7 hemi, QDii, aFe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Taylor shorties, Diablosport tuned

1999 XJ Sport, trail rig, lots of goodies
Chelsea is offline  
post #28304 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 11:01 AM
1990JEEPXJ
Registered User
 
1990JEEPXJ's Avatar
1990 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
oh man i will have to look into that, i need to rebuild my box anyways cause its leaking bad, and i will also have to google what the hydro assist stuff is so i know what ill have to spend to make that work? lol
yeah its a good deal. i wont be adding hydro assist for quite some time, but i like having the option whenever i want to go ahead with it. i have been in spots where i could not turn the wheel at all while wheeling and hydro assist wouldve helped out. there is lots of info about it over on pirate.

Completely stock, and keeping it that way...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline  
post #28305 of 91575 Old 07-08-2011, 11:37 AM
jeeplesjeeper
Registered User
 
jeeplesjeeper's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Rochester, MI
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepishop View Post
GF is out of town...



1" mounting depth in this prototype. Should be pretty easy to make it fit.
what about air conditioning/heat?

-Jake
- Big Blue-'98 XJ 6.5inch w/ 33's -R.I.P
-Current- Eep A Green'98 XJ 4.5inch w/ 33s
jeeplesjeeper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome