Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#4 ·
Ordered some lubelocker diff gaskets today. And made plans on what to do for the next couple of months...LOL

#5 ·
Received my BPE's and rear bumpstops last night, new OME shocks come in tomorrow. I was going to pull my door trim and possibly try the removable door mod last night, but then we got some killer thunderstorms and a tornado warning to go along with it. Garage is full of cars so I guess I'll have to wait til later this week to try anything.

Also made plans to get my rig re-geared and locked in the back. Not looking forward to spending $900 on parts and possibly a few hundred more on install for something I won't even be able to see lol.

#7 ·
its finals for me today and tomorrow and then schools out..finally.

anywho, drove the xj to school and back because ive got a 3 hour lunch right now due to 2nd hour study hall and then im going to taco bell with some friends and then go back to school for 3 more hours. im still trying to decide on 3" or 4" of lift..also made up a list of mods to buy and do over the summer.

picture of the cut bumper

luck for ya oldmanriver, let us know how it goes..and be sure to include pictures

#8 ·
Well yesterday I finally got my front gears installed, and this morning I re-installed my front DS. The jeep is finally "done"

haha yeah right....

#9 ·
Replaced the siezed rear wiper motor with one I got at the J/Y for $5. Rear wiper now works like a charm. Plan on crawling under the heep and installing my Bruce Built transfer skid as soon as the rain let's up.

#12 ·
not to much done since between my last posts, i was at school the whole time. :)

got a ms paint drawing done of what my exhaust will look like (picture is from underneath so it will be coming out the passengers side)

friday, if its nice, the rockers and fenders will get herc'd..picture of what its like now

yes i did hit a mud hole with a mud puddle with the doors off :)

#15 ·
Tried to decide whether I want to leave the plastic trim on the sides or not...

I want it gone!
hell yeah dude...right now i think it looks better, but to plain. a custom two tone using herculiner oughta fix that. :)

prosonic, i should change those on mine too..let me know how it goes. :thumbsup: