VOTE NOW for the JeepForum Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year!!!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who will be our Cherokee Of The YEAR?!!
JeepN4KC 3 5.88%
BlueBadger 3 5.88%
ajamison 15 29.41%
MOBBiN 1 1.96%
Teej 0 0%
Motorcharge 5 9.80%
Mtb Jak 3 5.88%
USN_BlackWK 6 11.76%
nolanbalzarini 2 3.92%
Metro55 8 15.69%
TheFNG 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

VOTE NOW for the JeepForum Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year!!!!

December is by far my favorite of the monthly contests because the Cherokee/Comanche Of The Year contest features a line-up of all the COTMs chosen throughout the year. This year is no exception and you’re about to see a great lineup of jeeps selected for greatness by their forum peers.

We’ve got 11 great rigs here for your review. Please take some time this week to check out these rigs belonging to your fellow forum members and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.

This poll will close on Christmas Eve. The winner of this contest receives a Lifetime Premium JeepForum membership award in recognition of their accomplishment plus all due bragging rights and induction into the JF COTY hall of fame where only the best of the best grace the halls.

Also, don’t forget to click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads.
Safe holiday wishes for everybody this week and thanks for another great year here on the forum!

Here are your 2015 COTY entries in order of COTM month!

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely won’t be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Let’s have good clean poll thread here thanks.

***Chris***

post #3 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

January

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

Year: 2000

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 I6/AW4/NP231/D30/Chrysler 8.25 29sp

Suspension: 4.5" RC coils up front w/ ProComp 12" travel 92000 series nitros and 3.5 Rubicon Express leaf packs under Crown oe shackles and Rough Country Relo brackets w/ ProComp 11+" travel 92000 series nitros (4.5"-5" lift overall w/ rake - perfect for loading the rear with gear)

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2's on Unique Series 252 steelies

Other Notable Modifications: Aussie locker out back; Rusty's Adjustable uppers w/ flex joints; Crown Heavy Duty steering upgrade; BrownDog poly motor mounts; both swaybars pulled; TnT Customs chassis stiffeners; TnT Customs XD belly pan; homemade fabricated 2x6 rock(er) sliders; Tomken fueltank skid; Solid Axle Ind. diff covers f/r; 10 Factory outer axle tube seals; RC extended front brake lines; installed hitch for rear shackle recovery; homemade rear ubolt plate bumpstop set-up; hockeypuck bumpstop set-up in front; homemade hood spacers; homemade rear bpe's; homemade antenna mount; rust abatement/rattle-can two toned; fenders trimmed; rear quarters cut&boxed; p/w's cut&folded; fake rear glass; carpets pulled; Mastercraft seats; and a bunch of maintenance overhauls

Favorite Modification: The Aussie and the stiffeners rank high but honestly my favorite is probably either the Mastercraft seats or the rockers my brother and I built - very nice!

Least Favorite Modification: none - I like wrenching on it

Best Trail Damage: blowing out the rear glass - look on my daughter's face was priceless..lol

Build Thread: Milton's Other Build Thread

Optional: I like driving it around but I bought it and have built it to wheel - love it! . IMO the XJ is an awesome platform to work on and wheel and the affordability and utility over the Wranglers can't be beat!

***Chris***

post #4 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

February

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

Year: 1992

Model: XJ Sport 2dr

Drive Train: 4.0, ax15, Np231, SYE, D30/D35 open/open

Suspension: 4.5" lift

Wheels/Tires: 33/12.5 Kumo ATs on 15/10 pacer D-windows

Other Notable Modifications: New crate 4.0, rebuilt tranny and transfer case, hiem joint shifter linkage, stretched rear wheelbase 3", home built bumpers, removable doors, roof rack in progress,

Favorite Modification: Best mod 4wd!!! Originally 2wd

Best Trail Damage: I taco'd the 2wd front axle jumping it Dukes of hazard style, the Duke buys would have been proud!

Build Thread: BlueBadger's build

Optional: I've had the jeep since I was 15 I'm now 30 it was my "first car". Someday I'll pass it down to my kid.
EVERY first you can have in a car I've experienced it in THIS jeep! I'll never let her go!

***Chris***

post #5 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

March

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison

Year: 1991

Model: comanche

Drive Train: 4bt cummins (not pictured) / T19 trans / 231-300 doubler
Dana 60 front locked with 35 spline 4340 chromoly
Dana 60 1SU rear locked with 35 spline chromoly

Suspension: Custom 3 link suspension

Wheels/Tires: 42" TSL's on beadlocks

Favorite Modification: Flatbed

Best Trail Damage: hydro locked the 4.0L, broke 2 connecting rods 1 went thru the pan and 1 went thru the block.

Build Thread: ajamison's backwoods comanche build

***Chris***

post #6 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

April

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN

Year: 2001

Model: Cherokee Classic

Drive Train: Newer 4.0, AW4, Dana 300 with NW fab cable shifters; Front axle: HP d30 w/ Yukon 4.56s and a LockRite ; Rear axle: c8.25 with GC discs, USA alloy 4.56s and an Aussie

Suspension: RE 5.5" LA lift, HD no lift shackle relocation brackets, 12" Fox remote resi shocks, Blistien 5125 12" rear shocks no swaybars, 3/4" Heim steering and trackbar

Wheels/Tires: 15x8 3.75" backspaced steel wheels wrapped with MT/R Kevlars

Other Notable Modifications: Custom tube front bumper, custom highlift rear bumper, winch, snorkel, lightbar, no carpet

Favorite Modification: Long arms

Least Favorite Modification: All of them. I shoulda kept it stock.

Best Trail Damage: Filled motor up with water, thank god for other members on this site! (AKIQpilot rescued me. Thanks again Tom!)

Build Thread: MOBBiNs 01 xj build

***Chris***

post #7 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, HP30, C8.25, SYE

Suspension: RE3.5 coils/leaves, RE control arms, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Discos (always left off),

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R w Kevlar on Ravines w/ 2" spacers

Other Notable Modifications: Dirtbound prerunner winch bumper, Superwinch lp8500, KC and Hella lights

Favorite Modification: Probably the winch because it makes recovery really damn easy

Least Favorite Modification: Dynamax Super Turbo - was a good exhaust replacement but isn't loud at all

Best Trail Damage: Crushed fender

Build Thread: Teej's '01 XJ Build

Optional: Bought the Jeep for $600 from a friend of my grandfather's. Had 79k miles and only needed a new windshield. Left a lot of money for me to spend on modifications and what not. Basically it's now the town recovery vehicle. Spokes took it once to winch out one of my buddies because I'm at school and don't have the Jeep with me.

***Chris***

post #8 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge

Year: 1991

Model: Jeep Comanche

Drive Train: 4.0/AW4/NP231

Suspension: 4.5" RE coils, 4.5 Hell Creek leaf packs, Bilstein 5100s, IRO adjustable lowers and uppers

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on Cragar V5 wheels

Other Notable Modifications: IRO OTK steering, RE quick discos, interior LEDs, H4 headlights, LED pod foglights, Nate's 4x4 rear bumper

Favorite Modification: Probably the LED pods. The visibility from them is insane and they're a major help where I live because of all the deer.

Least Favorite Modification: HC leaf packs. They're way overpriced, already rusting bad on the surface, and for the difference in height I'd have just done an SOA swap in hindsight.

Best Trail Damage: None yet thankfully. As good of shape this things in I'm trying not to mess it up.

Build Thread: Project Motörcharge 2.0

***Chris***

post #9 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak

Year: 2000 Jeep Sport/87 Wagoneer Front Clip

Model: Sport Patriot Blue

Drive Train: 4.0/aw4/231-2low; HP D30 Trussed WJ Hi-steer knuckle swap 4.88s; 8.25 4.88s Alloys, Locker Disc Swap; Black Magic Brakes; Tom Woods HD drive shafts F/R

Suspension: 6 inch pac spring, RK Three Link, 3.5 HD OME with shackle relocation brackets and teraflex shackles, OTK HD Trac-bar, AntiRock.

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50 GoodYear MTRK's, Steel wheels with jeep center caps.

Other Notable Modifications: AJ's Slick Rock front bumper, Warn Winch and Masterpull Rope.

Favorite Modification: Anti-Rock, WJ knuckle brake swap.

Least Favorite Modification: Paying a shop in AZ for "OTK modifications"

Best Trail Damage: Totaled by a brand new Ford Raptor pick-up truck in a wash in AZ

Build Thread: Project PHX

Optional: I Got the Jeep senior year of HS in 2006. It has survived 3 other cars and 5 girlfriends and has lived all over the country. Will always keep this jeep.

***Chris***

post #10 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

August

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_BlackWK

Year: 1998

Model: Jeep Cherokee Classic

Drive Train: 4.0L/AW4/NP242

Suspension: OME MD (rear has extra leaf) with JKS ACCOS up front and JKS shackles in the rear netting 3.5" of lift. Rustys upper/lower/trackbar and steering conversion and ARG steering box. Bilstein 5100 series shocks.

Wheels/Tires: AEV Savegre JK wheels (17x8.5) with Spidertrax 1.25" adapters/305x75x17 (34") Goodyear MTRs

Other Notable Modifications: Bushwacker flat flares, Truck-Lite LED's, JCR bumpers/skid plate/rock rails, Rigid LED's, full exhaust system, K&N FIPK, new brakes and lines all around, new carpet and headliner, Kicker speaker and sub.

Favorite Modification: Grabber Orange paint (my Dad had an MG-B GT painted this color when he was my age) and probably the functioning 5.9L ZJ hood vents.

Least Favorite Modification: Cheap reproduction fenders and hood that took countless hours to line up.

Best Trail Damage: The gash that pierced through the body the entire length of the vehicle courtesy of the previous owner. That or a smashed left rocker that my Dad swears wasn't his fault!

Build Thread: Another Daily Driver XJ Build ('98 Classic)

Optional: My parents purchased the Jeep in a nearly totaled state shortly after buying a house in Ouray Colorado. They had planned on using it as a mountain Jeep to take out with the local club and explore. I installed a few new body panels (multiple different colors) and the OME lift with 30" tires so they could actually tackles some trails. After they purchased a WJ and no longer needed the XJ I bought it with plans to build myself a daily driver. I ended up getting a second vehicle for those duties and wasn't quite sure what to do with the XJ until my parents got rid of their WJ and offered to buy it back. I decided to do a little more work than what they were expecting and I finally got to surprise them with it in September. We immediately headed into the back-country to test it out!

***Chris***

post #11 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

September

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini

Year: 1998

Model: xj sport

Drive Train: 4.0 litre. auto trans. np231. dana 30. chysler 8.25

Suspension: 3.5inch rubicon express superflex with fox racing shocks

Wheels/Tires: 33x10.50-15 km2 on mb chaos wheels

Other Notable Modifications: bumpers f+r. rock sliders. winch. steel fenders from rustys offroad. elocker in the front, detroit in the rear. 4.88 gears. solid diff covers. roof rack and spotlights.

Favorite Modification: 3 way tie between the fenders, gears and lights.

Least Favorite Modification: new rugged ridge seats. but i got replacements under warranty - soon to be installed

Best Trail Damage: got armor before any happened

Build Thread: "ameth..ammy... lets just call it purple" build thread

***Chris***

post #12 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro55

Year: 2000

Model: Sport

Drive Train: D30/8.25 4.0L/AW4

Suspension: 5" Rough Country Long Arm

Wheels/Tires: 37x13.5r15 Bias Pitbull Rockers on Black Rock Steelies

Other Notable Modifications: Exo cage, trussed/gussetted D30, 4.88s, locked f/r, 1 ton steering, full skid plates, removeable doors

Favorite Modification: Exo Cage/Long Arms

Least Favorite Modification: Rough Country bushings...

Best Trail Damage: dented quarter/door/fenders

Build Thread: Metro's '00 XJ Build

***Chris***

post #13 of 43 Old 12-15-2015, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

November

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFNG

Model: Jeep Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 Auto, AW4, NP231, Dana 30 Front, Dana 35 Rear, 4.56 Yukon Gears

Suspension: Rough Country 4.5 Long Arm Lift

Wheels/Tires: Cragar Soft 8's 15"x8" rims with Duratrac 33x12.5 tires

Other Notable Modifications: Currie Currectlync Steering, Transfer Case Skid Plates, JCR Gas Tank Skid Plate, Diff covers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar front bumper with Warn 8000lbs Winch, IPF Lights, JCR heavy Duty rear bumper w/ tire carrier, AJ's Super Rock Rails, Custom Roof Rack Side Rails, 784 Fuel Injectors, 63mm Throttle Body, AEM Brute Force Intake, Banks Torque Tube Headers, Custom Exhaust, Flow Master Super 44, SYE, Tom Woods Custom DriveShafts, Brown Dog Ultra Flex Motor Mounts, Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares, Modified interior rear seat and cargo area, Custom interior equipment mounts

Favorite Modification: Re-gearing to 4.56

Least Favorite Modification: Quick Disco Sway Bar Link (Broke two sets so far, so I'm going with Currie Antirock ASAP)

Best Trail Damage: Blew out my headlight and cracked my grill on "Fins and Things" in Moab

Build Thread: Expedition Build: Yellow Jeep XJ

Optional: This Jeep XJ is an expedition build which has sustained 2 people on the road for over a month, with over 9K miles traveled in a single cross country trip in October 2015. On this trip it crossed one continent, and reached 3 bodies of water (Atlantic, Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico). Under full load of gear we traversed off road in Centralia PA, "Fins and Things" Moab UT, Medano Pass CO, Mojave Desert CA, "Soldiers Pass" Sedona AZ and more. From 80 on the interstate, to stop and go city driving, to winding ridge-line switchbacks, to off road trails. On asphalt, dirt, rock, mud, clay, sand and water crossings this build has proved itself capable.
It made it through floods in a heavy late monsoon season with remnants of Hurricane Patricia with 30+ MPH winds while traveling back east.
All in one trip.
All three photographs below are taken from this trip.

Earlier this year we took this Jeep from New Hampshire to Key West, the southern most point in the U.S.
We traveled the coast by driving paved roads, dirt roads, beaches etc. This rig has traveled up, down and across the United States in 2015.
Next year we are planning to travel the Trans American Trail East to west, and then up to Alaska in one cross country off-road expedition.

This is a hybrid build which can handle both on and off-road travel for an extended period of time.
Balancing Lift/weight/center of gravity and handling performance for various terrains and situations.

It is also my Daily Driver.

I am The F.N.G. (The F'n New Guy)
And this is my Jeep.

***Chris***

post #14 of 43 Old 12-16-2015, 10:33 PM
Teej

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I don't even go here anymore and I got the first vote in? You guys are slacking.

post #15 of 43 Old 12-16-2015, 10:48 PM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Within minutes of each other, but you beat me.

D3<!L!>3D

Tags
cherokee of the year , contest , coty , go team! , vote , win

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in