Vote for the November Cherokee Of The Month!!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the November COTM?!!
DNFJ 16 44.44%
TheFNG 18 50.00%
Kettles 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 11-19-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Vote for the November Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Hard to believe its time for the final COTM contest of 2015. Seems like just the other day we were getting ready for the first contest of the year. But here we are now well into November with Christmas only right around the corner. I dont have a big selection of jeeps to show you this month but the ones weve got are good ones. Its up to you to decide which will be the JeepForum November 2015 Cherokee Of The Month. Take your time to check em out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote!

Feel free to post positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today and the winner earns all due bragging rights plus a complimentary 1yr Premium JeepForum membership and more importantly, the final spot in the 2015 Cherokee Of The Year contest NEXT MONTH!

Here are your COTM entries in the order received. Good luck to all!!

Dont forget to click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 11-19-2015, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely wont be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Lets have good clean poll thread here thanks.

***Chris***

post #3 of 23 Old 11-19-2015, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Dnfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

Year: 2000

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0L, 62MM Throttle Body, AW4, NP231 w/ IRO Hack and Tap SYE, Front Axle: Dana30 w/ Detroit Auto Locker, 4.56 gears, WJ knuckle swap, 1-Ton Crossover steering, Rear axle: C8.25, chromoly axle shafts, 4.56 gears, liberty disc conversion.

Suspension: IRO 8.5" LA Lift, HD shackle relocation brackets, 30" Fox Racing Reservoir Shocks, 26" limiting straps, Currie Antirock, JKS ACOS.

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50x15

Other Notable Modifications: Prerunner Front Bumper, Tire Carrier Rear, 20" led bar, 50" curved light bar, LED pods.

Favorite Modification: Front Locker

Least Favorite Modification: The vast majority of them

Best Trail Damage: Ripped a brake line and had to clamp off one of my lines.

Build Thread: Back in an XJ: Project Leviathan

Optional: Saving up to get some armor, slides, quarter, skids. At the same time I have another HP D30 sitting in my garage that I want to get a non-auto locker for and switch them out. JCR Quarter Armor coming in the mail this week.

***Chris***

post #4 of 23 Old 11-19-2015, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

TheFNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFNG

Year: 2001

Model: Jeep Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 Auto, AW4, NP231, Dana 30 Front, Dana 35 Rear, 4.56 Yukon Gears

Suspension: Rough Country 4.5 Long Arm Lift

Wheels/Tires: Cragar Soft 8's 15"x8" rims with Duratrac 33x12.5 tires

Other Notable Modifications: Currie Currectlync Steering, Skid Plates, Diff covers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar front bumper with Warn 8000lbs Winch, JCR heavy Duty rear bumper, AJ's Super Rock Rails, Custom Roof Rack Side Rails, 784 Fuel Injectors, 63mm Throttle Body, AEM Brute Force Intake, Banks TorqueTube Headers, Custom Exhaust, Flow Master Super 44, SYE, Tom Woods Custom DriveShafts, Bushwacker Flat Fender Flares

Favorite Modification: Re-gearing to 4.56

Least Favorite Modification: Quick Disco Sway Bar Link (Broke two sets so far, so I'm going with Currie Antirock ASAP)

Best Trail Damage: Blew out my headlight and cracked my grill on "Fins and Things" in Moab

Build Thread: Expedition Build: Yellow Jeep XJ

Optional: This Jeep XJ is an expedition build which has sustained 2 people on the road for over a month with over 9K miles traveled in a single cross country trip in October 2015. On this trip it crossed one contention, and reached 3 bodies of water (Atlantic, Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico). Under full load of gear we wheeled in Centralia PA, "Fins and Things" Moab UT, Medano Pass CO, Mojave Desert CA, "Soldiers Pass" Sedona AZ and more in one cross country trip. From 80 on the interstate, to cities, country, asphalt, dirt, rock, mud, clay, sand and water this build has proved itself capable.
It made it through floods, a heavy late monsoon season with remnants of Hurricane Patricia with 30+ MPH winds while traveling back east.
All in one trip.
All three photographs below are taken from this trip.

Earlier this year we took this Jeep from New Hampshire to Key West, the southern most point in the U.S.
We traveled the coast by driving paved roads, dirt roads, beaches etc. This rig has traveled up, down and across the United States in 2015.

This is a hybrid build which can handle both on and off-road expeditions for an extended period of time.
We chose 4.5 inches of lift so it would maintain a low center of gravity while on both the trail and highway, and help compensate for the added weight of vehicle modifications and expedition gear to avoid making the vehicle top heavy.
It is also my Daily Driver.

I am The F.N.G. (The F'n New Guy)
And this is my Jeep.

***Chris***

post #5 of 23 Old 11-19-2015, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Kettles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles

Year: 2001

Model: XJ

Drive Train: 4.6L Stroked I6, assembled by me. AW4, NP231 with IRO SYE, Tom-Woods Shafts, D30/D35

Suspension: Rusty's front coils, custom sway bar disconnects, longer solid LCA's. S10 Bastard pack rear, extended bump stops.. Total ~3.5" lift, with rake.

Wheels/Tires: Stock Steel and Firestone Destination A/T 31X10.5X15

Other Notable Modifications: Rear disc brakes, cowl intake, lots of little things to fit my personality, the front bumper from AJ's is the most visible.

Favorite Modification: I probably enjoy the good radio, amp and speakers the most, but stroking the motor is definitely my favorite. I guess chopping the seat brackets down for head room has to be up there pretty high.

Least Favorite Modification: The cowl intake is a love hate. Cool factor is there, but the jeep doesn't exactly need more cabin noise.

Best Trail Damage: Bent the drip rail on a tree that kept me from rolling down a hill. A reminder that we all do stupid things, and to be careful.

Build Thread: My '01 Build, "Dee" the Patriot Blue XJ

Optional: Nothing crazy on the story side, I bought her when I was 17, my third vehicle but my first love. Lots of good and bad since then, but never stopped loving her. When the head finally cracked this year I was left with a tough decision to fix it quick with just a new head or take the time and do it right and full rebuild with a stroker kit. The latter being financially more burdensome and a much longer process because of it. I chose the long route, the right route. There wasn't a day that went by that it was out of commission that I felt bad and wanted my baby back. I slept like a baby when she was finally back on the road again. My jeep is a part of me. Not perfect, not showy, not even that nice, but I'm not sure I would want it any other way.

***Chris***

post #6 of 23 Old 11-19-2015, 10:57 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Voted. Good luck guys

Cherokee Of The Month. September 2015
post #7 of 23 Old 11-20-2015, 06:12 AM
DNFJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck everyone.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
post #8 of 23 Old 11-20-2015, 07:16 AM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Good luck everyone.
Or at least good luck to everyone else its already looking like you may have this one.

D3<!L!>3D
post #9 of 23 Old 11-20-2015, 01:20 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
DNFJ has my vote, he enters wayy to much without a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #10 of 23 Old 11-20-2015, 06:41 PM
The_Blacksmith

1993 XJ Cherokee 

It was a toss up for me on the first 2 entrys because the rigs are very similar. So because of this I went with the color I liked more, lol sorry man yellow is rough vote DNFJ

Thanks Chris!
post #11 of 23 Old 11-22-2015, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Bringing it back to the top of the page for some more votes!

***Chris***

post #12 of 23 Old 11-23-2015, 03:55 AM
DNFJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

4 doors for more who...votes?

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
post #13 of 23 Old 11-23-2015, 05:34 AM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Come on guys, don't pass this by! Its the last contest of the year...kind of

D3<!L!>3D
post #14 of 23 Old 11-23-2015, 05:47 AM
JeepN4KC

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Voted and crawled. Good luck fellas! Pretty close one here.............

~Mike~

WK

XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
post #15 of 23 Old 11-24-2015, 11:34 PM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Voted & crawled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

Tags
cherokee , cherokee of the month , contest , cotm , vote , win , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in