VOTE for the July Cherokee Of The Month HERE!!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who will be our July COTM?
nolanbalzarini 3 10.71%
aroundincircles 3 10.71%
DNFJ 5 17.86%
un4gvn1 1 3.57%
Mtb Jak 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

VOTE for the July Cherokee Of The Month HERE!!!

Ladies and gents I know you’ve all been patiently waiting so let’s get this COTM contest underway.
We've got a really nice line-up here and it’s up to you to decide which will be our JeepForum July 2015 Cherokee Of The Month. Take your time to check ‘em out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote!

Feel free to post positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today and the winner earns all due bragging rights plus a complimentary 1yr Premium JeepForum membership and a spot in the 2015 COTY contest come December!

Here are your July COTM entries in the order received. Good luck to all!!

Don’t forget to click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely wonít be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Letís have good clean poll thread here thanks.

***Chris***

post #3 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

nolanbalzarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini

Year: 1998

Model: xj sport

Drive Train: 4.0 auto, d 30 with e-locker chy 8.25 with detroit. 4.88's

Suspension: 3.5" rubicon express super flex with fox 2.0 shocks

Wheels/Tires: 33x10.50-15 km2's on mb chaos wheels

Other Notable Modifications: rusty's offroad steel fenders, rock sliders, bumpers front and rear, rusty's offroad t-case skid, solid axle diff covers. hyline hood louvers.

Favorite Modification: loving the 4.88's so far

Least Favorite Modification: none really

Best Trail Damage: got armor first

Build Thread: "ameth..ammy... lets just call it purple" build thread

***Chris***

post #4 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

aroundincircles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles

Year: 1989

Model: Cherokee Pioneer

Drive Train: 4.0 4x4

Suspension: Metal Cloak 3.5"

Wheels/Tires: Stock steel wheels with 31x10.4 Hercules all track

Other Notable Modifications: its all repair time

Favorite Modification: Suspension

Least Favorite Modification: all the parts I've had to replace

Best Trail Damage: Just some AZ pin striping so far

Build Thread: AIC's BFG - Build thread

Optional: Bought my jeep for $500 off some college kid, He had no idea what he had, or what to do with it. It was running.... Poorly... when I bought it. I have put in hundreds of hours working on it to get it where it is today... looking exactly the same as it did when I bought it!

***Chris***

post #5 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Dnfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

Year: 2000

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP231 w/ IRO Hack and Tap SYE, Front Axle: Dana30 w/ Detroit Auto Locker, 4.56 gears, Rear axle: C8.25, chromoly axle shafts, 4.56 gears, liberty disc conversion.

Suspension: IRO 8.5" LA Lift, HD shackle relocation brackets, 12" travel Bilstein 5125s, 26" limiting straps, Currie Antirock, JKS ACOS.

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50x15

Other Notable Modifications: JCR First Gen Front Bumper, LMP rear, 50" curved light bar, LED pods, 12k Winch.

Favorite Modification: Front Locker

Least Favorite Modification: The vast majority of them

Best Trail Damage: Ripped a brake line and had to clamp off one of my lines.

Build Thread: Project Leviathan

Optional: Saving up to get some armor, slides, quarter, skids. At the same time I have another HP D30 sitting in my garage that I want to get a non-auto locker for and switch them out.

***Chris***

post #6 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

un4gvn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn1

Year: 1988

Model: XJ Laredo

Drive Train: 4.0 Renix, AW4, 242

Suspension: 3" BDS, + HD Offroad shackle relocation brackets, Currie ACOS for a total of 4.5"-5", RE "superflex" LCAs

Wheels/Tires: Sky 15" Beadlocks (welded on Crager soft-d steel), 31" DuraTracs

Other Notable Modifications: Homebrew front bumper, roofrack, rock sliders, receiver mount 8k winch, Ruffstuff center stiffeners, Airflow Snorkel, 350 amp power sockets front & rear for winch or jump cables (2-0 welding lead wiring & battery cables), Spartan "lunchbox" in front. Iron diff covers front & rear, bumper mounted Hellas, rigging rack in "way back", etc, etc

Favorite Modification: Spartan

Least Favorite Modification: Spartan

Best Trail Damage: Banana shaped crossmember & tore t-case skid off. (never did make it up that one...)

Build Thread: Maybe someday

Optional: This rig was bone stock, unmolested and had 89,477 on the clock when I bought it. Plan was to lift a couple inches, throw some tires on it & leave it stock... yeah, right. Someone should have warned me how these go...

Future mods: - 4.88s & Yukon Zip lockers (have the lockers, waiting for gears) have XJ D44 waiting to go in after getting re-geared & locked. Probably will end up on 36" bias Iroks after re-gear. IRO hack-n-tap SYE & driveline in cargo area of the Jeep now, will be installed soon. Most of the parts for the AC / OBA conversion in hand, trying to find time...

***Chris***

post #7 of 20 Old 07-23-2015, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Mtb Jak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtb Jak

Year: 2000 Jeep Sport/87 Wagoneer Front Clip

Model: Sport Patriot Blue

Drive Train: 4.0/aw4/231-2low; HP D30 Trussed WJ Hi-steer knuckle swap 4.88s; 8.25 4.88s Alloys, Locker Disc Swap; Black Magic Brakes; Tom Woods HD drive shafts F/R

Suspension: 6 inch pac spring, RK Three Link, 3.5 HD OME with shackle relocation brackets and teraflex shackles, OTK HD Trac-bar, AntiRock.

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50 GoodYear MTRK's, Steel wheels with jeep center caps.

Other Notable Modifications: AJ's Slick Rock front bumper, Warn Winch and Masterpull Rope.

Favorite Modification: Anti-Rock, WJ knuckle brake swap.

Least Favorite Modification: Paying a shop in AZ for "OTK modifications"

Best Trail Damage: Totaled by a brand new Ford Raptor pick-up truck in a wash in AZ

Build Thread: Project PHX

Optional: Got the Jeep senior year of HS in 2006. It has survived 3 other cars and 5 girlfriends and has lived all over the country. Will always keep this jeep.

***Chris***

post #8 of 20 Old 07-24-2015, 09:03 AM
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Voted and crawled.

89 Cherokee

post #9 of 20 Old 07-24-2015, 01:43 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

im going to have to think about this before i vote. lots of worthy rigs this time around
post #10 of 20 Old 07-24-2015, 09:45 PM
VegasGT

1988 MJ Comanche 

Mtb Jak.... **** you for making such a damn beautiful creation.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
post #11 of 20 Old 07-25-2015, 07:37 AM
RedZJ

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Well.. This is very one sided.

post #12 of 20 Old 07-25-2015, 11:07 AM
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Several nice rigs for sure. I voted for Nolan because he has been on the cusp of winning this thing several times in the last year but there always seems to be a rig that edges him out. DNFJ is in the same boat.

Mtb Jak has a very nice XJ too.

Good luck to everyone.

post #13 of 20 Old 07-25-2015, 05:27 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Mtb Jak has my vote this time around. I love the waggy clip swap along with the newer body. Keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #14 of 20 Old 07-25-2015, 05:53 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Several nice rigs for sure. I voted for Nolan because he has been on the cusp of winning this thing several times in the last year but there always seems to be a rig that edges him out.
More or less same. Would have voted for DNFJs if he hadn't bought it mostly how it is. Not that I'm against anyone buying their rigs, but I felt like Nolan deserves some recognition for the work he's put into his.

|
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #15 of 20 Old 07-25-2015, 05:56 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for the support guys.
i would love to go on some more extreme trails and get some cool pictures, but i'm constantly afraid of breaking it. gotta drive the thing to work.

Tags
cherokee , cherokee of the month , contest , vote , win , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in