It's time to VOTE for the September Cherokee Of The Month!!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who will be the September Cherokee Of The Month?!!
nolanbalzarini 14 36.84%
shooptube 4 10.53%
Dead_End 11 28.95%
DNFJ 6 15.79%
FairlanePhil 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Thumbs up It's time to VOTE for the September Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Today was the last day of summer wow and Im starting to feel a bit of fall in the air. This is perfect timing to bring on the September COTM contest and we've got a good selection of XJs here for your viewing pleasure.
Its up to you to decide which will be the JeepForum September 2015 Cherokee Of The Month. Take your time to check em out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote to tell me who its gonna be!

Feel free to post positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today and the winner earns all due bragging rights plus a complimentary 1yr Premium JeepForum membership and a spot in the 2015 COTY contest come December!

Here are your September COTM entries in the order received. Good luck to all!!

Dont forget to click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely wont be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Lets have good clean poll thread here thanks.

***Chris***

post #3 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

nolanbalzarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini

Year: 1998

Model: xj sport

Drive Train: 4.0 litre. auto trans. np231. dana 30. chysler 8.25

Suspension: 3.5inch rubicon express superflex with fox racing shocks

Wheels/Tires: 33x10.50-15 km2 on mb chaos wheels

Other Notable Modifications: bumpers f+r. rock sliders. winch. steel fenders from rustys offroad. elocker in the front, detroit in the rear. 4.88 gears. solid diff covers. roof rack and spotlights.

Favorite Modification: 3 way tie between the fenders, gears and lights.

Least Favorite Modification: new rugged ridge seats. but i got replacements under warranty - soon to be installed

Best Trail Damage: got armor before any happened

Build Thread: "ameth..ammy... lets just call it purple" build thread

***Chris***

post #4 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

shooptube

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube

Year: 1997

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 with NV3550 and NP231. Dana 30HP Front, Chrysler 8.25 Rear with 4.10 gears.

Suspension: 4.5" Unknown Lift. Some leaves with bigger shackels.

Wheels/Tires: Cragar D Windows with 33" Super Swampers

Other Notable Modifications: Front spartan locker/ Detroit locker in rear, Aux fan override switch

Favorite Modification: Trans and Gas tank skid plates with front and rear tow hooks.

Least Favorite Modification: 33 Super Swampers, not a highway friendly tire.

Best Trail Damage: None yet

Build Thread: Coming Soon

Optional: Looking for a better vehicle on gas and found a 4.0 with a 5 speed and had to take the offer. Previous owner never really drove the jeep but the owner before him used the Jeep for shelf climbing in Utah. Weird fact, this jeep has had three different motors in it: a 4.0, Chevy 350 Racing engine, and a fresh 4.0 with 60k miles.

***Chris***

post #5 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Dead_End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_End

Year: 1990

Model: XJ pioneer

Drive Train: Engine:4.0L Bored .030" over, lowered block deck .010", ported 0630 head, Comp Cams X4250H cam and lifter set, late model intake manifold, 62mm throttle body, header (unsure of manufacturer), home-brew cold air intake, Mustang fuel injectors, adjustable MAP sensor, thrush welded muffler
Transmission: AW4; Transfer case: NP231j; Axles: Dana 30 HP front, Ford 8.8 rear

Suspension: Rough Country 2.5" front springs, rear bastard pack leaf springs

Wheels/Tires: 235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on my old TJ rims

Other Notable Modifications: Nates 4x4 front and rear bumpers, late-model front end swap

Favorite Modification: The engine work.

Least Favorite Modification: Bent front axle tube after a brief moment of piloting the jeep rather than driving it.

Optional: This XJ started off as a 2wd $400 beater vehicle that I did not plan on keeping. Now it's my daily commuter vehicle that I would never get rid of. The paint job was a bit of an afterthought- I had just rebuilt the drivetrain and suspension so I figured a paint job was in order. JP came to mind so I was like "why not." It's been my junkyard build, with parts from every year of the XJ on it now- as well as some other Jeep parts. It only has 419k on the odometer, and I plan to keep it til hits a million. I use the XJ for SCCA Rallycross occasionally and it's an absolute blast. I used to Autocross it, but I cant now that it's been lifted. It has about 2 years and 19k miles since the rebuild and still makes me smile every time I start it up. That motor makes some beautiful noises.

fresh paint

where all the noise is made

SCCA Rallycross recently.

***Chris***

post #6 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Dnfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

Year: 2000

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP231 w/ IRO Hack and Tap SYE, Front Axle: Dana30 w/ Detroit Auto Locker, 4.56 gears, Rear axle: C8.25, chromoly axle shafts, 4.56 gears, liberty disc conversion.

Suspension: IRO 8.5" LA Lift, HD shackle relocation brackets, 12" travel Bilstein 5125s, 26" limiting straps, Currie Antirock, JKS ACOS.

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50x15

Other Notable Modifications: JCR First Gen Front Bumper, LMP rear, 50" curved light bar, LED pods, 12k Winch.

Favorite Modification: Front Locker

Least Favorite Modification: The vast majority of them

Best Trail Damage: Ripped a brake line and had to clamp off one of my lines.

Build Thread: Project Leviathan

Optional: Saving up to get some armor, slides, quarter, skids. At the same time I have another HP D30 sitting in my garage that I want to get a non-auto locker for and switch them out.

***Chris***

post #7 of 38 Old 09-22-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

FairlanePhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil

Year: 1999

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0/Auto/NP231/Stock gears C8,25

Suspension: 6.5" mystery long arm lift, Rear still has blocks/shims

Wheels/Tires: 15x10 D windows. Wild Country XTX

Other Notable Modifications: Home made bumper was modified to add a winch. gauges added to dash, LEDs, bedliner interior, tank skid, new heatercore, SYE, cut wheel openings, welded in new floors, swapped in tinted glass from parts car, longarms, Solid rear diff cover.

Favorite Modification: Doorless

Least Favorite Modification: PO added the rear leaf blocks. Rides like a forklift

Best Trail Damage: None yet

Build Thread: Project Rustpile: Back in an XJ

Optional: This Jeep was purchased 4 years after selling my really nice 2000 XJ. I missed having a Jeep in snow so much I dropped $1200 on this XJ and started to fix it up. The Jeep was owned by a guy I know who worked at a tire shop as a mechanic. Apparently he used all of his skills on other people's cars because I had to undo a LOT of what he had done. At least the lift up front was installed well. The back needs sorted out and new shocks need to go on. So far its been a lot of fun to work on. I spent my whole summer getting it squared away so it is as reliable as a 246K mile Jeep can be. I have a lot more plans for it before i feel Ok about wheeling it. For now its a street Jeep prepped for snow duty.

***Chris***

post #8 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 06:56 AM
JeepN4KC

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Voted and crawled.

Nice XJs everybody!

Been pullin for Nolan for awhile now.......

~Mike~

WK

XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
post #9 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 07:22 AM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Voted. All of the Jeeps in this contest are amazing. DNF has my vote this time around, clean and white looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #10 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 01:17 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

when looking at these rigs you can really see the personality, as opposed to jk's where they all look the same.
post #11 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 01:42 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini View Post
when looking at these rigs you can really see the personality, as opposed to jk's where they all look the same.
What front fender armor do you have installed?

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #12 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post
What front fender armor do you have installed?
rustys offroad steel xj fender kit. i dont know if the entire kit fits 2 door models
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-ex...flares-xj.html
post #13 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 02:08 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini View Post
rustys offroad steel xj fender kit. i dont know if the entire kit fits 2 door models

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #14 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 04:37 PM
FairlanePhil

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I voted for Shooptube.

Current: 99XJ 6.5 lift-Bought 2015
Sold: Patriot Blue 00 XJ.
'sploded: 01 stock-0331 head victim
post #15 of 38 Old 09-23-2015, 05:32 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post
better to find out now.

Tags
cherokee of the month , contest , cotm , vote , win , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in