Project Jeepy McJeeperton - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 52 Old 12-24-2015, 06:27 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post

With 31s I would say 4.10s should be fine unless you plan on shelf climbing your jeep haha. 4 low with 4.10s and 32s is so powerfull in my rig. I dont think you would ever need more.
I have 4.10's and 31x10.5's. It's a good setup and I'm sure they'd be fine on 32's if I make a little bump. If you plan to go bigger in the future I'd spring for 4.56's though

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 Old 12-24-2015, 06:31 PM
shooptube
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
I have 4.10's and 31x10.5's. It's a good setup and I'm sure they'd be fine on 32's if I make a little bump. If you plan to go bigger in the future I'd spring for 4.56's though
Actually I had 33 swampers on there before and I kinda prefer a 32". Gas is a bit better and works great on the highway with 5th gear and 4.10s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
post #48 of 52 Old 01-11-2016, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Rum_Maximus

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Minor cosmetic addition. No double-sided tape, these snap right into the window channel.
WeatherTech 82059 Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors for Jeep Cherokee (4 door), Dark Smoke

Pics tomorrow when it's light out.

Edit:
I ordered these back in September and they were crap. Cannot recommend the Auto Ventshade stick-ons.
Auto Ventshade 94212 Original Ventvisor Window Deflector, 4 Piece

EditEdit:

Alive & sober since 01 January 2016

post #49 of 52 Old 02-05-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Rum_Maximus

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

FedEx delivered the locking storage box that I bought from Creepy Fabrication on eBay.

Not gonna post a pic-by-pic of the install since it's already available on the seller's eBay advert here: www.ebay.com/itm/252246088030

Box is secured w/ 2 bolts through the interior body panel (right below the hinge) and one through the cargo floor. It ain't going nowhere unless somebody is gettin' destructive and ripping it out like the Hulk.

Final results? Yeah, in my opinion it's worth the $180 I paid for it. Nobody else is making something like this, so props to Creepy Fab for doing it.

Now to get off my *** and do some of the other stuff I've been meaning to for the past couple months. Parts are starting to gather dust in the garage.

Heck, I'll get around to painting the new lockbox one of these days or maybe never.

post #50 of 52 Old 02-07-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Rum_Maximus

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Knocking one more thing off the list.....

Installed the fire extinguisher bracket I bought from StinkyFab Racing during their Black Friday sale last November.

Yeah, it's one of the items I mentioned that is sitting in the garage gathering dust.

Still gotta get a 2.5lb extinguisher to put up front, probably right in front of the seat where I can reach it if necessary.

post #51 of 52 Old 02-07-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Rum_Maximus

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

So about a month ago, I'm skimming through NAXJA and ran across this post in the "White Jeep Build" thread that RedJeep2.0 has going.

Nowhere in the parts interchange lists all over the internetz have I seen anything saying that a ZJ gas tank will swap into an XJ. So after messaging RedJeep2.0 to confirm it's a straight bolt-in, I started scrounging the pick&pull yards and Craigslist for ZJ's that are being parted out. After a couple weeks, I scored me a ZJ gas tank.

XJ tank on the left, ZJ tank on the right.

Went ahead and ordered a new Bosch #67658 replacement fuel pump from Amazon.

No step-by-step pics, but the swap is pretty straight-forward.

- Kroil (or PB Blaster) the hell out of the j-bolts a few days in advance.
- Unbolt & remove the j-bolts that secure the tank straps.
- Unplug all the hoses & wires going to the fuel pump.
- Loosen the clamps holding the fill lines & remove the hoses (major PITA)
- Drop XJ tank on your face
- Install new fuel pump into ZJ tank
- Shoehorn ZJ tank into place while simultaneously re-installing the fuel fill lines (it's a tight fit)
- Hold the ZJ tank up w/ one hand while replacing the straps & j-bolts to hold everything up
- Tighten the j-bolts
- Blindly fumble around on the top of the ZJ tank to reconnect all the hoses & wires going to the fuel pump after you realize you probably should have done all that a step or two earlier
- Realize you should have pre-staged a gas can with a few gallons of gas in it for your freshly installed empty ZJ tank
- Add gas from 2.5 gallon gas can that you borrowed
- Drive 4.5 miles to the gas station and pump 23 gallons of gas into your "new" high-capacity gas tank

post #52 of 52 Old 02-08-2016, 01:24 PM
PimaXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, that is interesting. Presume the pump was for the ZJ tank & not the XJ. With the larger tank, the ZJ skid plate for the gas tank would be required I imagine. Your picture of the two tanks explains why when viewed from the rear a ZJ gas tank appears to extend lower below the bumper than the XJ. Perhaps this also explains why the ZJ was subject to recalls & the XJ was not. If I owned a ZJ model, it would be tempting to install the XJ tank for (questionable) added safety.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in