Moving drivers seat back? - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ralph77
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
OCDXJ
Registered User
 
OCDXJ's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 132
Garage
Xj Moving drivers seat back?

I am wondering if anyone has found a way to move the drivers seat back a couple inches without relocating the floor bolts?

I and my knee's would appreciate it a lot.


01' XJ, 4.0l, AW4, NP231, D30, CHY8.25, 1.5 RC lift, 245/70R16 Nokian Rotiiva AT
OCDXJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 10-21-2020, 11:15 PM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,908
Over the years have seen various threads about this.
Pretty sure either of these ways don't require moving the floor bolts.
One way was to buy this kit.

https://misch4x4.com/cherokee-xj-bigboy-brackets.html

The other is DIY.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...-20-a-3629257/
OCDXJ likes this.
Ralph77 is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
OCDXJ
Registered User
 
OCDXJ's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 132
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
Over the years have seen various threads about this.
Pretty sure either of these ways don't require moving the floor bolts.
One way was to buy this kit.

https://misch4x4.com/cherokee-xj-bigboy-brackets.html

The other is DIY.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...-20-a-3629257/
Thank you Ralph77 that looks easy enough to make, now if I could figure out a way raise the roof so I quit trying to scalp myself getting in and out I would be in good shape.

01' XJ, 4.0l, AW4, NP231, D30, CHY8.25, 1.5 RC lift, 245/70R16 Nokian Rotiiva AT
OCDXJ is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDXJ View Post
Thank you Ralph77 that looks easy enough to make, now if I could figure out a way raise the roof so I quit trying to scalp myself getting in and out I would be in good shape.
No problem.
As short as I am I would not mind if the seat went back just a little farther.
But with the 6 way power seat I am OK.
No problem on headroom though. LOL.
Ralph77 is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
OCDXJ
Registered User
 
OCDXJ's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 132
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
No problem.
As short as I am I would not mind if the seat went back just a little farther.
But with the 6 way power seat I am OK.
No problem on headroom though. LOL.
I have the manual seat and I'm only 6' I just don't bend the way I used to, damn TMB is only getting worse.

01' XJ, 4.0l, AW4, NP231, D30, CHY8.25, 1.5 RC lift, 245/70R16 Nokian Rotiiva AT
OCDXJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome