Joying 8.8 Single Din Display - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2020, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
SmashDN
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Joying 8.8 Single Din Display

So I caught the Bleepin' Jeep youtube vid on this today. I had actually been looking for a single din head unit with a flip out display in hopes that I could somehow get a gps screen and handsfree calling now that handsfree is the law in TN.
I really like the back up camera add on feature. It would make hooking up trailers a ton easier for me.

After doing a little amazon searching the reviews are not across the board stellar for the Joying products. (https://smile.amazon.com/JOYING-Andr...4HY09AJKNV1V3F) Has anyone had experience with them or can offer up another brand I should be looking at?

I am not exactly the most tech savvy person in regards to apps and things such as that but I can operate my android phone easily. I am just not hung up on it being the latest and greatest as I still look at it as a phone first and all the other things as secondary functions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2020, 08:06 PM
Camaro45th

Joying 8.8 Single Din Display

While it looks like a great fit for the XJ, Id rather not experiment with a no name brand radio.

What is the cost of it anyway? (Edit I just checked the link).
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2020, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
SmashDN
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Pricey but not really if you are comparing it to a tablet set up with gps and map package and a ram mount.

I'm with you though, there are enough negative reviews associated with that brand to scare me away. Was hoping someone else had found a similar solution with a more namebrand manufacturer.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Camaro45th

So while its not ideal, I installed a single din Pioneer radio in my XJ. It has a flip out touch screen with Apple car play and android auto. It does block the center vents above the radio tho. That is the biggest issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in