anyone ever get this? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
DNFJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Alignment

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

After looking closer the jeep turns normal left, but only 1/4 way right and you can hear the power steering pump bottom out like its normal full crank? I unhooked trackbar again and got same result.. before I lifted everything was normal and I didn't touch any steering components
post #18 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
DunmerBoy

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylekid33 View Post
After looking closer the jeep turns normal left, but only 1/4 way right and you can hear the power steering pump bottom out like its normal full crank? I unhooked trackbar again and got same result.. before I lifted everything was normal and I didn't touch any steering components
is the pitman arm straight back with your wheels straight?

“The mountains are calling and I must go.” ― John Muir
COTM October 2014
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #19 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
DNFJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had a similar issue when I did my lift originally, do you have adjustable lower/upper CAs? Your axle might be pushed to far back, throwing the steering linkage out of whack.

'00 XJ Locked on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
post #20 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Spokes

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I just installed the rough country 4.5" short arm kit, and it looks like I got 6.5-7" of lift? From center of hub to bottom of fender measures 24" in the front. I dont mind the extra lift but now I need alot more than I expected to make it work. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?
this is the same thing i got and i got flammed for it. do yourself a favor, take the lift off and melt it down for scrap its a piece of **** lift kit. Read my build u will see all the issues i had with it!

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->

Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
post #21 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just have fixed lower arms and the axle is forsure further back than it should be. Pittman arm is angled slightly to left looking straight on from front, ill flip through your build tonight spokes. Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it ive never had so many issues with any of my rigs

Last edited by freestylekid33; 06-10-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: autocorrect sucks
post #22 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Spokes

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I just have fixed lower arms and the axle is forsure further back than it should be. Pittman arm is angled slightly to left look kk7171000 Nguyen straight on from front, ill flip through your build tonight spokes. Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it ive never had so many issues with any of my rigs
Im telling u right now this kit is going to be nothing but problems, the leafs will shift on u, once they do the bushings will be done and need to be replaced, the control bushings last about a year if ur lucky. the shocks are useless, the coils are good thats bout it. the swaybar discos break like toothpicks. other than the coils its worth scrap price if that. rough country products are truly pieces of ****. Im not being harsh or mean, im just speaking the truth. the trackbar if u got it is also useless. i have gone through literally other than the coils 3 OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->

Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
post #23 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yea i got the kit new with the jeep, I plan on ordering IRO long arms in a couple weeks. And I will probably get a set of full leaf packs after the front settles fully. Id never order a rough country kit after reading all the stories and experiencing the ****ty ride. Approx what page in your build is the info on?
post #24 of 25 Old 06-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Spokes

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yea i got the kit new with the jeep, I plan on ordering IRO long arms in a couple weeks. And I will probably get a set of full leaf packs after the front settles fully. Id never order a rough country kit after reading all the stories and experiencing the ****ty ride. Approx what page in your build is the info on?
uhh the first few pages is mainly lift issues and people crying haha

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->

Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
post #25 of 25 Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
freestylekid33

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Alright cool thanks man ill take a look

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in