Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

1999 Cherokee Project XJ "JellyBean"

922 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TheBoogieman 
#1 ·
On May 15th I bought a Jeep at auction next to my house. The pictures looked good, but little did I know what was about to come. I bid $2,300 but I was charged $600 in fees that I assumed were DMV fees like a dealership. I was wrong so the final price $2900 for a dead jeep that was sitting for 3 years. When I transferred the money and got to the auction house lucky I brought a trailer. The XJ was in bad shape. At that moment when the forklift driver dropped her off on my rented trailer my heart sank. I had no where to keep a dead jeep w/o tags. I went down to walmart and grabbed a cheap $45 battery put it in while she was still on the trailer. WIth a little fresh gas the she turned right over. She started running like a champ! My ice cold heart started to meld and project "JellyBean" began

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok so when I bought the XJ from salvage auction it came with a bent dana 30. I looked around and found one but the dude sold me a 2001 dana 30 that is LP. Somehow Jeep decided to do a LP for 2000-2001 model years. That being said I'm stuck with a bent 30 and a LP 30. Monday I will go to a scrap yard that has a low milage (99K) dana 30 HP for 250$ hopefuly they still have it and i can get this done!

#3 ·
Before I pulled the front axle I was able to wire up new flood lights, PA system, new battery tray, and now we are going toa 4.5" lift as we have slight rub at full turn with the 31"s

#5 ·
and now we are going toa 4.5" lift as we have slight rub at full turn with the 31"s
A washer or two on the steering stops would fix that. That's what I do with skinny 10" wide or less tires when I don't want to buy wheels with proper backspacing. I opted for 33x12.50 tires ($595) and cheap $159 (4) wheels.
p.s. I love your MT Baja claw tires My brother ran those on his TJ.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.