1995 Jeep Cherokee SE (Back to Black) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-21-2012, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

1995 Jeep Cherokee SE (Back to Black)

Hey you Guys! So I hope the title didn't get you to wound up. Basically, I'm fifteen years old and I always wanted my Mothers 1995 Jeep Cherokee SE, 2D, 2WD, 5-Speed. Needless I say, I finally got it. We made an emergency move from CA to RI and it sat from October of 2009 until February 29, 2012 when she finally arranged transport shipping for it. It basically sat on empty and did nothing for that whole duration. My family back in CA basically told me that it was being started, and driven around and it was perfectly fine. When my Mother told me that, that wasn't the case I was pissed...Now I know that I can't expect them to take care of it, but when they make a promise thats really screwed up. When the car carrier arrived, (with me jumping up and down like a lunatic) I was in for one hell of a surprise. The bench seat was completely destroyed on the driver side, on the front driver side seat there was a big rip, and most if the interior was trashed with its own upholstery, and then there was Mcdonalds Cups, Wrappers and all kinds of things that just really disappointed me even more. It annoyed me that they promised me they would keep it in good shape, nothing would be broke, and that it would be as clean as ever when it got to me. But that wasn't the case. So after I cleaned it and went insane over the kind of damage that was done to it, I popped the hood and thank god nobody ****** with anything under there. It was in perfect running order and sounded amazing, except for having to jump start the battery which I expected. I cleaned it all up and about a month later called our friend that does Auto Body Repair, and Engine work and I got an estimate of $500.00 to get it back in tip top running order. I trust the guy that is working on it so I have that covered. Basically what I want to do is keep it stock seeing as it is a 2WD, but I want it to look show room worthy seeing as I don't want to lift it and all that. Any tips for Jeep Paint, Rim Cleaning (They are the SE rims that usually have discolored all along the center of the rim), and just little things that will make it look really good again I'd really appreciate! I'll attach some pics of my pride and joy below! Thanks for everything guys!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-21-2012, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

post #3 of 12 Old 06-21-2012, 11:32 PM
chris87xj
RIP Chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Use IMG tags instead of URL and your pics will show as pics rather than links.
I'm partial to 2dr XJ's myself and it looks like you've got a good start in this one.
Treat her well and she'll do the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALBonifacio View Post

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Chris! My Jeep appreciates the compliment, lol! I didn't know how to use those...I'm so used to Cherokee Forum that I looked for the attachment and I just gave up and used Photobucket. Do you think there is any way to improve its appearance or anything? I want it to look real good when I start driving it, I don't want her to look like a beater! Thanks for any input!
post #5 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Purple power and simple green, thats your new best friend. Don't be afraid to use a little rattle can on certain things to clean them up but don't go crazy. If the carpet is bad pull it out and pressure wash it it's fairly simple, as for the seats you could go look in a local junk yard you can find some in good shape for about 25 bucks a seat it will save you money
post #6 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Green and Purple? Uh, Alright! LMFAO! Question, Do you think I can use Black Spray Paint on the bumpers to clean them up? Just wondering...Maybe I can use a clear coat on it too? What are things I can use the rattle can on?
post #7 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Ratrod
2017 BU Renegade 

2 doors are so sweet.

2017 Renegade Altitude
post #8 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, and hell yes they are!
post #9 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALBonifacio
Green and Purple? Uh, Alright! LMFAO! Question, Do you think I can use Black Spray Paint on the bumpers to clean them up? Just wondering...Maybe I can use a clear coat on it too? What are things I can use the rattle can on?
Go to lows rustoleum sells trim spray paint and on the can is a jeep Cherokee haha it's good stuff but you could also use regular black yes, anything but the body it's self really(it's all about prep work)
post #10 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks!!! I know...Lots of sanding to paint a bumper right?
post #11 of 12 Old 06-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALBonifacio
Thanks!!! I know...Lots of sanding to paint a bumper right?
Just sand it enough to roughen it up to a dull grey look and paint.iif you want it to be really smooth wet sand it with soap, water and sandpaper then throw on about 4 light coats it will turn out nice
post #12 of 12 Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
CALBonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the Tips! Will be my first project!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in