Ziebart rust protection - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid4576
2009 JK Wrangler 

Ziebart rust protection

I heard about them somewhere on this forum and decided to check it out.

I called the nearest Ziebart to me and talked with the co-owner over the phone for at least 20 mins.

I asked him if the rust protection was a lifetime guarantee and he said yes...i asked about 5 times to make sure.

I asked if off-roading would void that warrenty he said no.

I drove 2 hours one way to get it done and after paying for it they handed my my warranty...

It said 10 year warranty and voided if the vehicle is driven off-road.

I managed to get back a small portion of my money so far.

Just a general shout out saying dont trust this company. They are strait up lairs and thieves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 02:02 PM
theducksguts

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man, I was considering it for my Rust free XJ. I will keep looking and inspect any warranty first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my
post #3 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid4576
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah whatever you do check the warranty over word for word first....

im glad i could help at least one person so far

it really sucks having to deal with low life lairs and thieves

im going to call the main company monday and see if they will help in this

post #4 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ziebart sucks. Just simply paint your frame once or twice a year. Clean it thoroughly and hit it with some rattle can paint. Mine still looks brand new. The rubberized undercoating stuff those places use is nice when it's new but is a huge PITA after that. Don't bother.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #5 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 PM
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have to disagree with that. I had an 81 el camino a few years back that had it done when it was new and the frame was still mint, and anybody that knows anything about 80s GM frames knows there swiss cheese by now unless they were garage kept and not driven in the winter. I have an 85 buick regal and from the rear wheel wells back the frame is just gone. That sucks the OP got lied to about the warrantee but the stuff works.
post #6 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepyj View Post
I have to disagree with that. I had an 81 el camino a few years back that had it done when it was new and the frame was still mint, and anybody that knows anything about 80s GM frames knows there swiss cheese by now unless they were garage kept and not driven in the winter. I have an 85 buick regal and from the rear wheel wells back the frame is just gone. That sucks the OP got lied to about the warrantee but the stuff works.
I agree that it will do its job very well if the vehicle stays on road. But when you bang up the frame offroad, it starts to peel and doesn't do its job. And it just holds dirt and mud like crazy. I've seen it first person and it's not pretty.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #7 of 43 Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 PM
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thats too bad, its a tough call on what to do with a boxed frame like our jeeps have, hit one mud hole once with it and the frame is full of crap until it rusts through. Im dealing with it now. my jeep had one tiny soft spot 3 years ago when I got it and I went through a few muddy areas with it 2 years ago and the whole back half needs to be cut out now.
post #8 of 43 Old 08-02-2009, 06:02 PM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Despite the lack of warranty, you probably made a good move. Their process sprays inside the frame as well as outside, which is more critical.
post #9 of 43 Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You have run into the same thing that I have, In NY and PA, lifetime means 7 years. SO yes, they do cover you for "lifetime" if defined by your state laws.

I have it on my 07 caravan and it worked out well. The same caravan that was sold a day after us has rust issues already, I see them at the dealership.
post #10 of 43 Old 08-02-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid4576
2009 JK Wrangler 

well i live in PA....so does my lifetime powertrain warranty actually only mean 7 year powertrain? if so thats a HUGE difference that i was not aware of
post #11 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 AM
IslandTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I used to live in the west pacific tropics and we used Zeibart, Tuffcote, and electronic rust prevention on our vehicles. For the spray on rust inhibitors like Zeibart and Tuffcote, reapplication every 3 years is essential for optimal rust protection.

Now Jeeping in Oregon

Last edited by IslandTJ; 10-09-2009 at 02:31 PM.
post #12 of 43 Old 08-04-2009, 02:16 PM
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well I guess I have to way in on this
Im sorry the owner/manager of that location lied to you. New vehicle rust warranties are for 10 YEARS and yes they do stipulate that it is only for personal-use highway passenger vehicles which will not be used off road.
If he told you any different than he is a Liar or does not know anything about the product he is selling.
If he truly misrepresented this you should call corporate and explain the situation to Stef Mays the cust svc rep, her # is 1-248-588-4100.
It sucks that we have dealers out there that do buisiness this way. It makes us all look bad. It is a good product, I have used it on my own vehicles with good results, but it does have its limitations.
If I can help you resolve this feel free to PM me and I will do what I can.
post #13 of 43 Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid4576
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziebartrob View Post
Well I guess I have to way in on this
Im sorry the owner/manager of that location lied to you. New vehicle rust warranties are for 10 YEARS and yes they do stipulate that it is only for personal-use highway passenger vehicles which will not be used off road.
If he told you any different than he is a Liar or does not know anything about the product he is selling.
If he truly misrepresented this you should call corporate and explain the situation to Stef Mays the cust svc rep, her # is 1-248-588-4100.
It sucks that we have dealers out there that do buisiness this way. It makes us all look bad. It is a good product, I have used it on my own vehicles with good results, but it does have its limitations.
If I can help you resolve this feel free to PM me and I will do what I can.
cool man thanks for that number and ur info ill see what happens i posted a thread on a free legal advise forum and ive been talking to ppl on there about what i can do.

yea the owner said he has been around for 19 years so if they dont know the warranty by now thats just pathetic and also if they dont know it its not my fault.

Im not mad that the warranty says no off-roading / 10 years im mad that i was told lifetime / off-road ok

ill let ya know what im gonna do thanks for the info
post #14 of 43 Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid4576 View Post
cool man thanks for that number and ur info ill see what happens i posted a thread on a free legal advise forum and ive been talking to ppl on there about what i can do.

yea the owner said he has been around for 19 years so if they dont know the warranty by now thats just pathetic and also if they dont know it its not my fault.

Im not mad that the warranty says no off-roading / 10 years im mad that i was told lifetime / off-road ok

ill let ya know what im gonna do thanks for the info
No prob, your welcome. Like I said, let me know if I can help. Guess there are a few a**holes in every company, but screw w/ a fellow Jeeper and give my company a bad name and I'll be on him like flies on sh**.
post #15 of 43 Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
sstaurus

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure mine has Ziebart from the PO. That rubberized crap is sprayed all over the damn place.... I think it'd be better without it for sure... everywhere it has let go it's holding water/dirt and rusting away

'02 Sienna Pearl TJ Sahara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in