stock steel 17 inch rims - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-22-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Kluk Ztopolovky

stock steel 17 inch rims

Hello , has anybody out there installed larger size tire on the stock steel rim ? I am thinking maybe 255 /70/17 or even 265/70/17 should work just fine without any lift. I just wish to get slightly wider tire but I can not lift the Jeep because I wouldn't fit under the underground garage door. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-22-2019, 05:19 PM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

Reference: Jeep Wrangler Wheel 17" Winter / Off-Road?

http://theroadchoseme.com/tire-selec...o2-all-terrain

Quote for the article: "BFGoodRich KO2 All Terrain in 34◊10.5r17"

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry
post #3 of 7 Old 05-22-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Kluk Ztopolovky

Rubicon is higher

thanks, great set of tires but I believe the Rubicon is bit higher than the basic Sport model which I have purchased , good luck with your trip sir

post #4 of 7 Old 05-23-2019, 03:49 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

Just wanted to follow with my comments of yesterday cause I ran out of time while I was here earlier. According to your topic heading, you said 17'' steel wheels. Jeep only manufactures those 17 winter steels wheels. So are you referring to those steels or the stock 16'' steel wheels thats more accustom on the sport models. Our current wrangler has 16'' stylized steel wheels with 31'' Bridgestone tires. Over the last 2 years, this wheel and tire combo has not been very comfortable.

I think if you're wanting the 17'' wheels, make sure they are the alloy wheels and not the steels. As for vehicle height, the only real height difference would be what accessories like hard to hard doors would determine what coil springs have been used on the jeep. Check your sports coil setup, you're looking for the tags attached to these coils. Tag numbers could be 17AC/56AA as this is a basic setup. Rubicon coil spring tags could read: 18AB/58AA which would offer a stiffer ride and more of a boost.

Otherwise a stock sport could handle 33's (measure 32.6 etc) without any lift. Just depends if you're talking about the 16'' steels or the winter 17'' steels.

As for the link, that's not my jeep or our travels.

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2019, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Kluk Ztopolovky

stock steel rims on Wrangler Sport JL

Hello , well the new Wrangler Sport basic model comes with 17 inch steel rims as you can see here on the official Jeep www. I think I will keep them for some time and later I may replaced them with aluminum alloy rims and slightly wider tire. Thanks for your advice.

https://www.jeep.ca/en/build-and-pri...1#step=colours

https://www.jeep.ca/en/build-and-pri...activeTab=cash
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2019, 02:52 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

According to your topic title, there was no mention of the jeep being a JK or JL and I wasn't aware the the new JL has 17's simply because we have no desire to ever want a JL wrangler.

post #7 of 7 Old 05-25-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Kluk Ztopolovky

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconFreedom View Post
According to your topic title, there was no mention of the jeep being a JK or JL and I wasn't aware the the new JL has 17's simply because we have no desire to ever want a JL wrangler.

thanks , I hope sir your desires not to ever own a JL are fulfilled and I will make sure I will enjoy mine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in