2Likes
  • 1 Post By 222Doc
  • 1 Post By TheBoogieman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-24-2019, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
rcroane
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Scratching my head....

Just curious why someone builds a Jeep like this and 1) never takes it off road and 2) stores it in a heated garage?

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153...-sale-4356981/

Edit: I just looked at the attachments....he's got $75,000 in it?!?!?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I would not own a jeep unless it was for off road. I have had one since 1975. Our JKr is a 12 bought new, rash move. Its ran Fordyce, Rubicon 3x and end of june/jully will be 4 th trip. Ran Dusy Ershiem 3x. many trails in moab and AZ has enough rock to wear a jeep away. See people all the time in jeeps that will never see much real trail time. Mine you wont have to ask was it used off road. Rust dont wear out jeeps here in Az the rock will.

this is the last one too for me. Been good bad and ugly since the 70s. If i do end up needing another ride for the trails it would be a buggy not another jeep. You can spend all you want on a JK it will never be a Buggy. as a SUV that 4 door jeep hemi? Would rather have my 2003 Excursion 7.3 4x4. Its on 35s and can tow 10k. tuned it gets 18+ mpg and it weight 4tons holds 44 gal of fuel. The king Suv by far.
Brassnadz likes this.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
rcroane
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I should have added that my Jeep is bone stock and is just something I enjoy driving and working on. Like the title says, I just scratch my head as to why someone would put that kind of cash into something and not use it for what it was intended. I guess the economy has been better for some folks than others.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2019, 02:05 PM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroane View Post
Just curious why someone builds a Jeep like this and 1) never takes it off road and 2) stores it in a heated garage?
Some people have way more dollars than sense. I have neither. That's why I bought my beater XJ that I'm not too worried about tearing up. I even bought it dirt colored so I don't have to wash it.
Attached Thumbnails
XJ tires.jpg  
rcroane likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'd rather knock myself unconscious, cut a finger off, poke my eye out with a sharp stick or be forced to go back to work than install anything made by Rusty's.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ on 33s.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 AM
JIMBOX

2018 LJ Wrangler 

Everybody's gotta story--

Everybody's also gotta HOBBY--I collect WEATHERBY RIFLES--do reloading/shooting and workon/play with jeeps-

I'm slowing down too--mostly desert off-road and now that the snow is going (?)--I'll be trying my new JL in the Sierras, although probably not THE RUBICON, I'll also fish and camp-

We all have our hangups !!!

W.E.

JIMBO

Firecracker Red 2dr RUBICON--2018
Stinger Yellow 2016 RAM/Hemi/8spd auto 4x4

--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--
post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I guess you could PM and ask in a tactful way and maybe get an honest answer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in