New Jeep JK Roof Rack System - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

New Jeep JK Roof Rack System

We have been working over the last year to get this new roof rack system off the ground. We are almost there, we will be launching at SEMA at the end of the month.

Andrew, the owner of OUT4X4, purchased a Jeep in 2010 and really didn't want to put a cage on the car, he figured he had about $2-3k to produce a solution himself instead of purchasing something that didn't quite do the job he was after. So after a year of tinkering with his car, he has fitted out about 9 vehicles in Victoria with his system, he has upgraded to a 2012 Jeep and we have just gone into production with this new roof rack system.

The Heavy Hauler Roof Rack System is the first product of its kind to utilise the inherent strengths of the Jeep JK Wrangler and allow various sized loads to be transported without an external cage system. It has been designed to compliment the existing lines of the Jeep JK Hardtop.

Once installed, the system allows the Jeep JK Wrangler Freedom Panels or entire roof to be removed without dismantling the system.

Comprising single piece cast aluminium external components and cut and shaped, solid steel internals, all parts of the OUT4X4 are powder coated and colour matched to compliment the existing roof.

The OUT4X4 patented Roof Rack System is derived from a robust infrastructure, fitted to the internal compartment of the Jeep. Once bolted into place the weight from any given load is distributed along the body of the Jeep.

Tested to Australian Standards (*AS1235-2000 Road Vehicle Roof Bar Testing) and when paired with the recommended RHINO roof racks, the Heavy Hauler Roof rack system is rated to carry an evenly distributed load of 100kgs over two rails, or 120kgs over 3 rails.

Kits will be available from mid November for the Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD JK Hardtop 02/11 On, The 03/07 to 01/11 kits and a version for the 2 Doors will be available early 2013.

I've put some photos below, let me know what you think of this new system.

//
Jonno

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
bmensing
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have never had a desire for a hard top...TILL NOW! That's great work!
post #3 of 14 Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM
tomsryt
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks great, now let's talk US Dollars.

post #4 of 14 Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
dsarraf

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I would love this for my 2 dr 2012. Will you be able to use a pipe instead of the oval cross peice; I have Yakima bike racks that I would love to use on my JK?

FOR SALE

'96 Cherokee bumper - $80.00 obo
1 stock bumper, R & L end caps, 2 mounting brackets, hardware, 1 plate holder - used for 2 months, good shape, dirty

'96 Cherokee wheels - $best offer
4 stock steel wheels - used for 10 years, good shape, some scratches

'96 Cherokee donut - $best offer
1 stock donut - used a few miles

'96 Cherokee lower control arm
- $200.00 obo
1 Skyjacker Double Flex lower control arm (L), 1 Skyjacker Double Flex lower control arm (R), RE114X1L & RE114X1R, 1.25" ends with 1" bolt holes, Teflon/Kevlar lined & self lubricating (for 3" lift) - used for 2 days, (20 miles), good shape, dirty, replaced beacuse not what I wanted

SHIPPING NOT INCLUDED
post #5 of 14 Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmensing View Post
I have never had a desire for a hard top...TILL NOW! That's great work!
Cheers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsryt View Post
Looks great, now let's talk US Dollars.
We will have US Dollars released at SEMA, and published online when we are there. So only a couple of weeks. Signup for the newsletter and we will send you an email when pricing is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsarraf View Post
I would love this for my 2 dr 2012. Will you be able to use a pipe instead of the oval cross peice; I have Yakima bike racks that I would love to use on my JK?
There are square bars available in the Rhino range too, They are the Heavy Duty versions. The system could be fitted with different racks too, just needs to have the correct leg, with a centre bolt like the RTL500 Rhino trackmount leg.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Do have "use weight" listed yet?
What's the max?

They look great, thank you!
post #7 of 14 Old 10-06-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette View Post
Do have "use weight" listed yet?
What's the max?

They look great, thank you!
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure by use weight? But:

Quote:
Tested to Australian Standards (*AS1235-2000 Road Vehicle Roof Bar Testing) and when paired with the recommended RHINO roof racks, the Heavy Hauler Roof rack system is rated to carry an evenly distributed load of 100kgs over two rails, or 120kgs over 3 rails.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

The OUT4X4 2012 Catalogue is being printed right now. Here is a little preview...
post #9 of 14 Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM
ljrubitm
2011 JK Wrangler 

How much of a price differance will it be from the 2 rack system to the 3 rack system. Also, on the 2 rack system, is there any reason why the front rack can not be placed at the same location as the 3 rack system?
If you can follow that.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrubitm View Post
How much of a price differance will it be from the 2 rack system to the 3 rack system. Also, on the 2 rack system, is there any reason why the front rack can not be placed at the same location as the 3 rack system?
If you can follow that.
Hey Mate,

The front third rail also includes all its own separate internal parts plus you will need an extra set of legs and a cross bar. So price will be more, but not excessive.

The rear two rack sections in the Heavy Hauler system is one external piece of cast aluminum, so it covers the area between the two racks too. Have a look at the parts in the very first post, there is an image with all the parts laid out. And check out one of the close up photos with the cross bars installed too.

Unlike gutter or track mount roof racks, the placement of the racks on a Jeep JK Hardtop is fixed because of the internal bracing system developed. It mounts to certain parts on the body of the vehicle at the back. Also over the third rail it needs to be in a certain position near the B pillar over the roll cage.

This is what gives us the strength and load rating from the system.

We do have a floating extra rail part in development that can be placed anywhere on the roof, but it is really only good for a fourth rail to be used excessively as a spotlight mounting space, or something with not much weight to it. This will be available early next year as an extra part, but won't come with the same load rating as we have with this current system, it will be more of an additional option.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 AM
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Kits for 2 doors and freedom hardtop?

2012 JK, 44s, rubi case, 37" PBRs, stretched 8"
Crush Orange Jeep Member #55
NYC Jeep Club
post #12 of 14 Old 10-20-2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj View Post
Kits for 2 doors and freedom hardtop?
Hey Mate, yes out kits fit the freedom hardtop.

And 2 Door versions will be available early 2013.
post #13 of 14 Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 AM
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUT4X4 View Post
Hey Mate, yes out kits fit the freedom hardtop.

And 2 Door versions will be available early 2013.
I'm assuming these will be compatible with Thule/Yakima/etc ski/snowboard racks?

2012 JK, 44s, rubi case, 37" PBRs, stretched 8"
Crush Orange Jeep Member #55
NYC Jeep Club
post #14 of 14 Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
OUT4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj View Post
I'm assuming these will be compatible with Thule/Yakima/etc ski/snowboard racks?
We are going to test with all systems, but yes the idea was to design the product to fit with all existing fittings out there. You can buy our system and fit your own cross bars and all your attachments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in