New to the Jeep Family! - Soft Top? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 06-16-2021, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
DST75

New to the Jeep Family! - Soft Top?

Hi all! Finally made the jump and just bought a new to us 2018 JLU. It has a hard top and one of the first things my family and I would like to do is shed the doors and top and take a cruise around the lake. Would a JK soft top fit a JL? If not, looking for recommendations for a soft top for our new JL Unlimited. Thank you all so much in advance!!

DST

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-16-2021, 01:16 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

No, JK and JL tops are not interchangeable.
Bestop makes the OEM soft tops for Jeep and are pretty much the only choice for anyone who's dealt with soft tops. You get OEM quality for less than a Mopar branded Bestop.
Bestop.com has a wide selection different types, fabrics and colors. Just be aware that most tops have a wait at this point and you would likely not get one for a couple months.
Another option is to watch craigslist and facebook's marketplace. A lot of folks sell never used or barely used tops for a fraction of the cost of new.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 6 Old 06-16-2021, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
DST75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
No, JK and JL tops are not interchangeable.
Bestop makes the OEM soft tops for Jeep and are pretty much the only choice for anyone who's dealt with soft tops. You get OEM quality for less than a Mopar branded Bestop.
Bestop.com has a wide selection different types, fabrics and colors. Just be aware that most tops have a wait at this point and you would likely not get one for a couple months.
Another option is to watch craigslist and facebook's marketplace. A lot of folks sell never used or barely used tops for a fraction of the cost of new.
Exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you so much, friend!

DST

post #4 of 6 Old 06-18-2021, 12:30 AM
JeepJeffW

1997 TJ Wrangler 

As Kruzin said. "Another option is to watch craigslist and facebook's marketplace. A lot of folks sell never used or barely used tops for a fraction of the cost of new."

I just got me a Black Diamond Trektop NX by Bestop on Amazon and it shipped in two days. I just looked it up on Amazon and it now states that it is unavailable at this time (these things move quick).

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
post #5 of 6 Old 06-18-2021, 04:37 AM
rsurran

2013 JK Wrangler 

Last year tops were in short supply everywhere. The most popular Bestops were not to be had. I thought about compromising and getting something I didnít really want but was in stock. I finally just placed my order with Extreme Terrain for the top I wanted and waited. The season was almost over when it arrived so it sat in the box all winter. Itís on now and looks great. My advice is decide what you really want and order it even if it is out of stock. You can keep looking but the longer you wait the less chance you will have it this year. If your Jeep has never had a soft top you need the complete kit. If you buy something used you might not get all the hardware. I recommend buy new and wait. You wonít regret it later.

2003 TJ 4.0L Freedom Edition, Flame Red, 5 spd., CAI, Warn, stinger, Hella/KC trail lights.
2013 JK Sport Black, Auto Trans, Bone Stock

Dick Surran

"When you stop contributing you are just taking up space."
post #6 of 6 Old 06-21-2021, 01:15 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you're planning to shed the doors, consider a bikini or safari bikini top. Much cheaper, earlier to use, much more open air.

You can get a bikini while you search for a full soft top,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3259.jpg  

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in