Need Help in Northern Virigina with gear - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-14-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
spillz

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Need Help in Northern Virigina with gear

Hi everyone, I'm a proud owner of a 2006 unlimited which i plan on putting bigger tires on. Reading through these post I realize that to accomodate the tire upgrade I need to change my gears out. Well I have zero knowledge on how to do this, so I'm reaching out to you guys for suggestions of a good shop to have this done at or anyone with mechanical knowledge and patience willing to assist me? Of course I will accomodate with $$ or beer your choice......In addition, I'm thinking of possible installing lockers too.....Help anyone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-14-2010, 02:34 PM
cyberiv

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was having issues with my jeep for months, even the dealer didn't know what it was. After going to 4 different places, i found East Coast Transmissions. While the major part of my problem was transmission related, this is a full service shop. They can do gears, drivlines, suspension, etc! My jeep was actually worked on by the owner of the shop, Rob, who has been doing this for many many years. He did a VERY thorough job. It was nothing but a pleasure doing business with them. I would definitely recommend them to you.

Home Page
5316 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA
703-370-7005

If you call, you will most likely speak to shelby, tell her Robb with the yellow rubicon recommended them (i dont get anything from it, i just want them to know i have been name-dropping like i promised) Good word of mouth is the best advertising you can have!!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-14-2010, 02:35 PM
cyberiv

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also, if you wanna go the wrenching and beer route, look into joining NoVa Jeepers. I hear they have wrenching parties all the time.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-14-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
spillz

2006 LJ Wrangler 

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberiv View Post
Also, if you wanna go the wrenching and beer route, look into joining NoVa Jeepers. I hear they have wrenching parties all the time.
Hi there, thank you so much for the information. I greatly appreciate it. Martin

Tags
regear , virginia , locker , tj , lj , installation , wrangler , help , advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in