2Likes
  • 1 Post By cab76
  • 1 Post By Joe Dillard

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-24-2021, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
cab76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

JK to YJ

Just sold my JK unlimited that I bought new in 07 and bought a bone stock YJ. The JK was a great family adventure vehicle but I'm really loving the YJ. Its so simple and is a hoot to drive even around town. Can't wait to get it offroad. Although I'm sure it won't be as capable in most situations that's OK - I'm gonna keep this one close to stock and just enjoy some mild trails.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5911.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-24-2021, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
cab76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's the YJ
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7149.jpg  
Prot likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-25-2021, 02:47 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice looking YJ.

Not so sure I would have gone that way but that's what is great about Jeeps, you can get what you want.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #4 of 13 Old 02-25-2021, 08:34 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab76 View Post
Here's the YJ
VERY nice.

Look forward to seeing you in the YJ forum /f12

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-28-2021, 08:03 AM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nice '95 YJ! BTW, it's not bone stock - somebody put front tow hooks on it.
TheBoogieman likes this.
post #6 of 13 Old 03-08-2021, 04:04 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just sold my JK unlimited that I bought new in 07 and bought a bone stock YJ. The JK was a great family adventure vehicle but I'm really loving the YJ. Its so simple and is a hoot to drive even around town. Can't wait to get it offroad. Although I'm sure it won't be as capable in most situations that's OK -
The YJ will be much better in tight situations and you won't cry as hard when you damage it on the trails. I drove my brother's lifted JK 4 door and it dragged on everything offroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
2003' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with Rancho RS5000X shocks/ Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-25-2021, 07:30 PM
lwbfl
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Heck yea man, you'll be more apt to modify and use the YJ. The thing I fell in love with was the short wheelbase. Many of my friends have newer, longer models but they only have fun on pavement and very few use dirt roads. I'm a trail and woods guy and usually hang with 4 wheeler and SXS while they sit at home. I don't risk my $50K truck either so I'm not hating, just depends on what you want to do!
post #8 of 13 Old 04-08-2021, 09:46 AM
Drix

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dang that is a really clean looking YJ, I would be honestly more hesitant to beat that up on the trails than your JK. JKs are the "me too" jeep, "oh! you got a JK, me too!" parts are everywhere for them. I almost bought a complete project jeep just for the full doors and top, I would garage that beauty as is and enjoy it. maybe pick up a rougher YJ for the trails.

95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
post #9 of 13 Old 04-08-2021, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
cab76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
Dang that is a really clean looking YJ, I would be honestly more hesitant to beat that up on the trails than your JK. JKs are the "me too" jeep, "oh! you got a JK, me too!" parts are everywhere for them. I almost bought a complete project jeep just for the full doors and top, I would garage that beauty as is and enjoy it. maybe pick up a rougher YJ for the trails.

Thanks yeah I'm not planning to beat on it - will just take it on the fairly easy trails, but I am planning on using it! Nothing sadder than a jeep that sits in the garage all day! It looks nice but needed some deferred maintenance - I just finished fixing a little rust on the rear frame rails and replaced the gas tank skid and will work on the suspension next - new shocks and springs but keeping it stock height. Also the body mounts need to be replaced, so I'll be tackling that job after the suspension - I hear that's a fun one...
post #10 of 13 Old 04-08-2021, 10:29 AM
Drix

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks yeah I'm not planning to beat on it - will just take it on the fairly easy trails, but I am planning on using it! Nothing sadder than a jeep that sits in the garage all day! It looks nice but needed some deferred maintenance - I just finished fixing a little rust on the rear frame rails and replaced the gas tank skid and will work on the suspension next - new shocks and springs but keeping it stock height. Also the body mounts need to be replaced, so I'll be tackling that job after the suspension - I hear that's a fun one...

Yah it would be a great little driver. I have been contemplating looking a clean YJ/TJ also, but I don't have the space for another vehicle.

95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
post #11 of 13 Old 04-08-2021, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
cab76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Nice '95 YJ! BTW, it's not bone stock - somebody put front tow hooks on it.

Actually, those hooks were stock from the factory - I even have the window sticker to prove it! I just put slightly bigger tires on it though (235/75/15), so its stock no more.
post #12 of 13 Old 04-08-2021, 10:42 AM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet!

Out of curiosity, does the sticker say how much the tow hooks were? Or were they part of a package & costs were not broken down item for item?
post #13 of 13 Old 04-08-2021, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
cab76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Sweet!

Out of curiosity, does the sticker say how much the tow hooks were? Or were they part of a package & costs were not broken down item for item?

They were included as part of the Off Road Suspension Group, which was $129 and included gas shocks, tow hooks, and a rear draw bar (the metal bar that the tow hitch is attached to - not sure why that was included in the off road group lol)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in