6Likes
  • 5 Post By cmdrpiffle
  • 1 Post By Wheelin98TJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
cmdrpiffle

2002 TJ Wrangler 

JEEPForum...value added !

This post is a long time coming. It's about our Valued Community here at JEEPForum.com.

I own a 2002 TJ. I joined this site in 2004....yeah! Do the math! About the time I started needing help!

Coming into this venture, I'd change my own damn tires, plug flats, do all filters, and change the oil on my vehicles.

Throughout this grand venture, I've kept receipts, and actually fairly detailed records...(all recorded nicely in black Sharpie on the inside of the hood of my Jeep!

In 18 years of daily driving......and with the direct help of THIS FORUM, I can pretty safely announce as of today, June 17th, (after doing a transfer case fluid, and oil filter(s) change...

I've pocketed a bit over 15K. (My Jeep, brand new in October of 2001 was a bit under 25K) In both parts and labor. Seriously. I could even break it down, but won't except for some excerpts below.

Tires, lifts, U joints, both drive shafts and front axle's, broken fittings, AC issues, DEATH WOBBLE (I did the original megathread from 2004.)
New radiator, water pump, serpentine belts, fender guard paintings, and many more I'm not mentioning........That I did myself for the cost of the parts.

JEEPForum, and to be fair, Stu Offroad, and of course Jerry Bransford, and MOST importantly, all of YOU! , allowed myself to do all of these things myself.
I laugh. The simplest things (changing the transfer case fluid this morning) become mountains when the 10mm cheap *** china hex bolt breaks and you have to make a drive down the hill to pick up a new one in your other truck (which thank gawd you have, otherwise you'd be stuck on top of the frigging mountain again, because you thought you were Mario Andretti's mechanic re-incarnate).......but enough...

Kudos and thank you to each and everyone of you on this Forum who helps us guys and girls do it ourselves. So much Love

Mike, Santa Cruz Ca.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Good to see some of us old timers still on here.

I joined one month after you.
TheBoogieman likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 06:13 PM
sduncan

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Good to see some of us old timers still on here.

I joined one month after you.
October 2004 for me. My 98 was completely stock at the time.. not so much now..

'98 TJ, 5.7 HEMI,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 10:45 PM
TheBoogieman
Coronavirus survivor!

1999 XJ Cherokee 

JEEPforum.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes. ***SOLD*** for Covid-19 pandemic rent money. :(
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho RS5000X shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in