How about some JK Off-Road Only Pics! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 213 Old 05-31-2008, 10:24 PM
marmotmb
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
'

UGH, next time, PLEASE try to use the [IMG] links from photobucket instead of the [URL]. IMG link is the 4th one down below each pic on photobucket.

Not that hard to see.
I have tried using the [img] links before but as I am new member, not enough posts, not granted permission yet by the grand poobah etc... they don't work. I am well versed in forum pic posting, but good info for those that don't know.

wasn't aware of the 10 pic limit, will do for next time.

And thank you for "click Freeing" my pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 213 Old 06-01-2008, 03:49 PM
DinnerYeti
2013 JK Wrangler 

My stock 07 JK X at Hay Rake in Beaver Dams.

These were taken today off of my digital camcorder up at Hay Rake in Beaver Dams, NY. The only legal trail I know of in this area. The mud shots were a disappointment, as there hasnt been enough rain to keep the holes deep. All that is left now is the underlying mud, not much water left. The last one is me resting on my undercarriage trying to make it over the dirt mound the park rangers put to keep vehicles out. I could have made it over if I wanted to risk damage to my undercarriage...I didnt, so I backed down the hill and went around it.
post #198 of 213 Old 06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
VegasJeep

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinnerYeti View Post

These were taken today off of my digital camcorder up at Hay Rake in Beaver Dams, NY. The only legal trail I know of in this area. The mud shots were a disappointment, as there hasnt been enough rain to keep the holes deep. All that is left now is the underlying mud, not much water left. The last one is me resting on my undercarriage trying to make it over the dirt mound the park rangers put to keep vehicles out. I could have made it over if I wanted to risk damage to my undercarriage...I didnt, so I backed down the hill and went around it.

click free

post #199 of 213 Old 06-01-2008, 05:03 PM
DinnerYeti
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJeep View Post
click free
Thanks!
post #200 of 213 Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 PM
BirdsFanVa

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinnerYeti View Post
[IMG]

The only legal trail I know of in this area. The last one is me resting on my undercarriage trying to make it over the dirt mound the park rangers put to keep vehicles out.

So, you think more legal trails will open up or this one will close?

That's a tank trap, it's there for a reason I expect. Tread Lightly and you might just keep this last one open.

Rangers troll 4x4 boards down here and they close trails/ticket folks.

Not a sermon, just a suggestion to help keep legal wheeling open so we can all enjoy the sport.

07 Black Sahara Unlimited 2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift, RE quick discos, 3/4" front spacers, 16x8 soft 8's, BFG 33x12.50's MT's, Shrockworks rock rails. Bulldog rock crawler winch bumper, Warn M8000 and lot's of armor! (Mine)

08 Redrock X Unlimited (Hers)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #201 of 213 Old 06-01-2008, 08:29 PM
LHS-Cowboy
DETN8R

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsFanVa View Post
That's a tank trap, it's there for a reason I expect. Tread Lightly and you might just keep this last one open.
Not a sermon, just a suggestion to help keep legal wheeling open so we can all enjoy the sport.
X2 From me.

'08 DETN8R Yellow Unlimited Rubi
6-Spd / Soft top / Power

Installed:
R.E. Modified 3.5 Super Flex Kit to 4+/Ft. & Rr. U-joint driveshafts/Full Traction Rear Adj. Trackbar/Custom Ft. Heim Joint Adj. Trackbar/Rancho 9000XL shocks/Yukon 4.88 Gears & Superior Rear Axle Shafts/37" Pitt Bull Rockers on Custom Allied Beadlocks/Poly Perf. Rock Sliders/Shrockworks Mid Ft. & Rear Bumper/Custom Trans. Crossmember and Skid/Custom High Steer with PSC Hydro Assist/Plumbed Warn PowerPlant HP/Cobra 75 WS XT C.B./Bully Dog Programmer/Custom Exhaust/Dual Optimas/48" X-treme Hi-Lift Jack on Custom Rear Swing Away Carrier/...

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[
OlllllllO]
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
post #202 of 213 Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
DinnerYeti
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsFanVa View Post
So, you think more legal trails will open up or this one will close?

Rangers troll 4x4 boards down here and they close trails/ticket folks.

I think they put the tank trap there to keep non-4x4 vehicles off the road. The reason i say this is because you can just as easily go up the other side of the trail all the way up to the tank trap, with no barricades or anything. In fact the last stretch of this run has a hunting camp and a few houses on it. It turns in to a seasonal road that leads all the way up to where the tank trap is.

As for treading lightly, I agree whole heartedly. I am not out to destroy someones land, leave a mess, or ruin the roads...and no worries, I dont take it as a surmon, I take it as good advice from a more experienced wheeler than me.

For those who may want to know:
Coordinate: N42° 17.272', W76° 59.299'
City/Town: Beaver Dams
State/Admin: NY (New York)

Last edited by DinnerYeti; 06-02-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Adding Coordinates for Hay Rake.
post #203 of 213 Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Video

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ghqy_x9S9yo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ghqy_x9S9yo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Here's a quick vid I made out of boredom, just a compilation of stuff. Not much new, just all together with music.

-Brett
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Jeep: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 6-Spd Manual, Cosmos Blue
"The Smurf":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Jeeps:

post #204 of 213 Old 06-04-2008, 10:34 PM
cab76
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice video Brett! You might want to install a propeller as your next mod - those were some deep mud holes!!!
post #205 of 213 Old 06-16-2008, 04:17 PM
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

post #206 of 213 Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
98InTheHole
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey scrogg, doesn't the license plate get in the way of the winch's cable? Are you using plasma?
post #207 of 213 Old 06-17-2008, 06:27 AM
LHS-Cowboy
DETN8R

2008 JK Wrangler 

The front license plate is removeable.

'08 DETN8R Yellow Unlimited Rubi
6-Spd / Soft top / Power

Installed:
R.E. Modified 3.5 Super Flex Kit to 4+/Ft. & Rr. U-joint driveshafts/Full Traction Rear Adj. Trackbar/Custom Ft. Heim Joint Adj. Trackbar/Rancho 9000XL shocks/Yukon 4.88 Gears & Superior Rear Axle Shafts/37" Pitt Bull Rockers on Custom Allied Beadlocks/Poly Perf. Rock Sliders/Shrockworks Mid Ft. & Rear Bumper/Custom Trans. Crossmember and Skid/Custom High Steer with PSC Hydro Assist/Plumbed Warn PowerPlant HP/Cobra 75 WS XT C.B./Bully Dog Programmer/Custom Exhaust/Dual Optimas/48" X-treme Hi-Lift Jack on Custom Rear Swing Away Carrier/...

____oooo
[ l_,[____],
l---L -[
OlllllllO]
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
post #208 of 213 Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM
scrogg
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98InTheHole View Post
Hey scrogg, doesn't the license plate get in the way of the winch's cable? Are you using plasma?
As LHS-Cowboy said, the license plate is removable. It snaps onto the rollers using some Mag-Lite clips.

Plasma...?

post #209 of 213 Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
98InTheHole
2008 JK Wrangler 

I see, that's cool. If you have rollers, then no plasma ropes, we call synthetic fiber ropes plasma ropes, however they don't work with rollers, but rather with something called a fairlead, so that answers that question. Here's a site with info on the plasma lines (they may be called differently in the US, so I may be using the wrong lingo :-) )

http://www.firstfouroffroad.co.uk/winch_line.htm
post #210 of 213 Old 06-19-2008, 04:15 AM
PhatForrest
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did I ever mention how jealous I am of you bastards that have unlimited playgrounds out west?

92 YJ, 2.5 l/o, 4" Lift, 33" Super Swampers, Superwinch EPi9.0, Aussie Locked Dana 30, Uniden pro510xl CB and Firestik antenna, Hi Lift, Tuffy Center Console, Miller Lite tap handle shift knob, 40mm ammo can tool box, chains, straps, etc. - Sold to a good home

2006 Wrangler LJ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in