• 1 Post By JoonHoss
  • 1 Post By Wheelin98TJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 03-31-2021, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

2020 J-Series Truck 

The cleanest YJ out there?

No affiliation. Just came across this somewhere else and thought it was worth sharing.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ct...299350822.html

JoonHoss and grogie like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-31-2021, 05:08 PM
Mess262

Wow!! YJs came with carpet? Who knew?
Seriously though that is clean but for that price the darn thing better be a Sahara. Pretty sure you can build one from the Quadratec catalog for less. 😀.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-03-2021, 04:33 AM
1Old_Crow

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've had 3 YJ's and two of them came with carpet...the 3rd was Rhino lined already.
Not sure I'd trust the 28 year old belts, hoses, tires, and other rubber parts. That's on top of the $32k price.
Besides, 6 months after I bought it, it sure wouldn't look like that anymore. I tend to use my vehicles.
JoonHoss likes this.

Wally Crow
ASE Master Auto Tech(ret)
'03 TJ Sahara
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

post #4 of 12 Old 04-03-2021, 08:57 AM
Mess262

I have had 4 YJ and I think all but one still had the carpet as well. One of those I did remove it and rhino like the tub for a military themed build I did to surprise my brother with when he got back from Iraq. Otherwise I always like the carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Old_Crow View Post
I've had 3 YJ's and two of them came with carpet...the 3rd was Rhino lined already.
Not sure I'd trust the 28 year old belts, hoses, tires, and other rubber parts. That's on top of the $32k price.
Besides, 6 months after I bought it, it sure wouldn't look like that anymore. I tend to use my vehicles.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-03-2021, 09:22 AM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Indeed, a great looking YJ!

Last summer at the local Lowes, I saw another clean YJ. It had been rolled out of a garage no doubt as it was perfect with a mild lift to it.

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Tacoma TRD OR

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists. Don Colacho

post #6 of 12 Old 04-06-2021, 08:53 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Here's the problem with a jeep like that...

Yes, great shape, low miles. Hell, it might even be close to worth that much to the right person.

HOWEVER, the value in that jeep over all others is the low miles. The more miles you drive, the less value it will have.

So, do you spent a boatload on something you can't drive, to try to keep its value? Or buy it and never use it, and hope it holds its value?

As much as I like a clean, low mileage YJ (I've owned two new, a '91 and '95 and one used '93... all with carpet!), I'd totally pass on this one

For that cash (actually, ALOT less) , you could certainly own a very ,very nice driving example which you could enjoy... heck, you could buy a nice brand new 2 door JL for that!

And sorry, but the Saharas were ugly as all get out in their stock form. I'd take a sport over a Sahara any day.

Hoss
Wheelin98TJ likes this.

I used to be a people person, until people ruined it...
post #7 of 12 Old 04-07-2021, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

2020 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Here's the problem with a jeep like that...

Yes, great shape, low miles. Hell, it might even be close to worth that much to the right person.

HOWEVER, the value in that jeep over all others is the low miles. The more miles you drive, the less value it will have.

So, do you spent a boatload on something you can't drive, to try to keep its value? Or buy it and never use it, and hope it holds its value?

As much as I like a clean, low mileage YJ (I've owned two new, a '91 and '95 and one used '93... all with carpet!), I'd totally pass on this one

For that cash (actually, ALOT less) , you could certainly own a very ,very nice driving example which you could enjoy... heck, you could buy a nice brand new 2 door JL for that!

And sorry, but the Saharas were ugly as all get out in their stock form. I'd take a sport over a Sahara any day.

Hoss
At first I thought way overpriced, but now I think it's actually worth $32k or maybe even more.

Here's a '92 that had 90k on it and went for $20k:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...p-wrangler-12/

Good point about the low mileage and how you basically can't drive this thing.
JoonHoss likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-07-2021, 11:19 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

BAT is very entertaining, but I don't believe it represents the actual value of anything, per se

It's just like ANY auction, it all depends on who is bidding. Realistically, a week or two and two bidders less, and that becomes a $14k Jeep. Or add a lottery winner and/or a lot of Cuervo, it could have been a $40K Jeep!

If someone decides they want a certain vehicle, and have access to 'unlimited' discretionary funds, then they can/will pay whatever it takes to 'win' that vehicle.

Simple fact is you could buy/build a MUCH nicer YJ than that for much less than 32K, but if you are set on having a YJ with only 4K miles, that appears to be the cost of admission... (I'll not be bidding...)

Hoss
4Low2G0 likes this.

post #9 of 12 Old 04-15-2021, 02:32 PM
BlueFl.Wrangler
Supporting Member

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did you fellas see the two low mileage TJ's @ Collins Brothers, about as nice as this one with just about 14K on the odometer.

Did those YJ's like the one posted here come with chrome grills?

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions

Winston Churchill
post #10 of 12 Old 04-15-2021, 03:08 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Those chrome grills were an overlay/factory option.

Hoss
BlueFl.Wrangler likes this.

post #11 of 12 Old 04-16-2021, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

2020 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFl.Wrangler View Post
Did you fellas see the two low mileage TJ's @ Collins Brothers, about as nice as this one with just about 14K on the odometer.

Did those YJ's like the one posted here come with chrome grills?
I didn't see those until now. Man they have some sweet Jeeps!
BlueFl.Wrangler likes this.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-18-2021, 11:45 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Every seal in that thing will be leaking as soon as it's driven a normal amount. Sitting is the worst thing you can do to a vehicle. I learned that the hard way years ago. It's just an old Jeep that wasn't driven enough, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
2003' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with Rancho RS5000X shocks/ Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in