Best place to sell a TJ? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
holliewood61

1981 CJ7 

Best place to sell a TJ?

Alright guys, i'm coming seeking some advice. I have what i would call an above average tj that i need to move. Its rust free, super clean, and very low mileage, but im not going to get into specifics because this isnt an attempt to sell it in this particular forum.

My problem is finding the proper platform to sell it. Ive tried ebay, fb market place, and craigslist. Those places are so flooded with 5-10 thousand dollar tj's that something that commands a premium so to say kind of gets over looked or passed by.

I've been out of the buying/selling game for a while. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where to get this thing in front of the right eyes? Someone just looking for a jeep isnt going to buy it. Its going to take someone looking for a nice clean low mileage jeep to see it.

Thanks in advance.

08 WK bone stock
00 WJ daily driver
99 TJ mostly stock 97 TJ cheap jeep
81 CJ7 very little stock
60 CJ5 tore down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Non-tech, moved.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-09-2019, 09:06 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
in general if you have tried to sell it meaning today Crags list or even auto shopper type old school ways and no ones looked/few it must be over priced or it would sell. if you are holding out for X amount well it will take "that buyer". its harder to sell say a 25k mile Tj since its value is in its low miles. not so much its a rare car. driven much most that added extra cost is lost fast and its value.

kinda went through this as a buyer. wife wanted here dream truck. they only made these for like three years with that engine. they were very expensive new in the day, i would say about sure the most expensive at the time Suv made on a truck frame and with one ton axles and burns coal. prices on these can still be near cost if its " low " mile been boxed up one. In the end we got a rust free very well maintained high mileage one in Utah. Thing is a great ride of 4tons of american iron.

in the end most of the trucks i did find on Craigs seemed the best source my trouble was sellers . thinking they had say 15-20k truck and its was not worth 7. seriously we looked for close to a year. The one i found in Utah i was lucky as the family had it on line only a day and had other callers. told them if the truck is what he says it is i wont even barter full price. in will be there in the am its a 6 hour drive. 6 back. she is happy. they were happy and were a nice family. it was his wifes beefed up truck. but she tired of its huge size and down sized. kids older now bla bla. makes a nice tow rig towing the jeep on long distance trails.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-10-2019, 12:20 AM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with 222Doc. If you can't sell it on Craigslist, you must be asking too much for what it actually is. I've sold 16 of my Jeeps on Craigslist and it never took more than a week to get my asking price. My brother even sold his 05' Willys edition with 12,000 miles for $22,000. I sold my 03' with 27,000 miles for $13,500.

p.s. I friend of mine just bought a stock 99' with 10,000 miles on it for $10,000. I thought that was overpriced, but he bought it from a dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
White and Green Jeeps (2).jpg  
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ / 5" BDS lift/ 33" DC extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
post #5 of 5 Old 10-10-2019, 07:58 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Offer up and letgo are also places to list things. They seem to have tire kickers and scammers than FB or CL.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in