Anti Low C.O.G group! - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 Old 09-18-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
ArrizX
Registered User
 
ArrizX's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Spokane
Posts: 2,484
Anti Low C.O.G group!

I have created a group who like our Jeeps big and tall. We're not trendy, and we build for what we need.

In the fine works of 2005X, big lifts and tires are what gets the job done around here.

Up here in the hills, a low center of gravity rig will have you bottomed out over ever other rut.

Haters keep hating.





https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/anti-low-c-o-g/

ArrizX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Vin
Registered User
 
Vin's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,472
You realize your logo looks LCOG, right?
Vin is offline  
post #3 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 AM
bmxer0122
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: quakertown
Posts: 446
Woo Anti-Locog #3!! lol i personally like big trucks w/ even bigger tires!!
bmxer0122 is offline  
 
post #4 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 08:10 AM
jeepinmichguy_
Registered User
 
jeepinmichguy_'s Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,470

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline  
post #5 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
headrush
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: the streets!!
Posts: 178
what are the qualifications for an "logcog" ?? what is a "logcog" or however you spell it.

yea, umm hmm, umm hmm, this is me totally caring.
headrush is offline  
post #6 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
moonshinefuel
Registered User
 
moonshinefuel's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles. California. United States.
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
You realize your logo looks LCOG, right?
Beat me to it. Looks LCOG to me too.

AX5/NV3550 Conversion Thread.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bow Hunting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moonshinefuel is offline  
post #7 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Vin
Registered User
 
Vin's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by headrush View Post
what are the qualifications for an "logcog" ?? what is a "logcog" or however you spell it.
LCOG: Low Center of Gravity. Putting the biggest tires with the lowest lift. Usually dome with body modification as opposed to bigger suspension/body lifts.

Vin is offline  
post #8 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Vin
Registered User
 
Vin's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,472
This is your basic lifted Jeep:

Vin is offline  
post #9 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 02:01 PM
ncb
Registered User
 
ncb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your mom's house
Posts: 5,050
Good thing I saw this thread. I was about to pull the trigger on some Eibach lowering springs and 37" KM2s.
ncb is offline  
post #10 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
ncb
Registered User
 
ncb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your mom's house
Posts: 5,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
You realize your logo looks LCOG, right?
It does. You need to add more fender gap.
ncb is offline  
post #11 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 21,320
What a pointless thread. These LCG and anti-LCG threads get old real quick. You say yourself "build for what you need." So wouldn't that make you a proponent of "build for what you need" and not pro or anti-LCG? You seem like a smart enough guy so I'm SURE you can agree that an excessively high COG has its drawbacks, as does building too low for your given constraints. And I'm sure there are some rigs that would fall under the "LCG" group that can rock the PNW trails hard.

And just to be the devil's advocate, I consider my rig to have a fairly low LCG (~3" of lift on 35's). I have 20" at the belly and rarely, if ever, get caught up on my belly. What's your belly height? And I've said it several times--physics isn't a fad (or a trend as you put it). There's no arguing that keeping your COG as low as it can be for your given constraints is a smart way to go. There's a VERY good reason why 98% of the comp rigs out there are low, wide, and long.

OlllllllO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IndyORV
Imped is offline  
post #12 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 03:20 PM
breckboarder55
Registered User
 
breckboarder55's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston/ College Station, TX
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
What a pointless thread. These LCG and anti-LCG threads get old real quick. You say yourself "build for what you need." So wouldn't that make you a proponent of "build for what you need" and not pro or anti-LCG? You seem like a smart enough guy so I'm SURE you can agree that an excessively high COG has its drawbacks, as does building too low for your given constraints. And I'm sure there are some rigs that would fall under the "LCG" group that can rock the PNW trails hard.

And just to be the devil's advocate, I consider my rig to have a fairly low LCG (~3" of lift on 35's). I have 20" at the belly and rarely, if ever, get caught up on my belly. What's your belly height? And I've said it several times--physics isn't a fad (or a trend as you put it). There's no arguing that keeping your COG as low as it can be for your given constraints is a smart way to go. There's a VERY good reason why 98% of the comp rigs out there are low, wide, and long.
QFT

To Veterans past and present, thank you for your service!
99 Jeep Wrangler-Just another TJ on 33"s
55 Dodge Royal Lancer- Resto Project
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
breckboarder55 is offline  
post #13 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 04:06 PM
headrush
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: the streets!!
Posts: 178
they both look pretty ugly, imo. the anti-low center of gravity jeep looks way too impratical for everyday driving situations and the low center of gravity jeep looks like one of those cheap toys you buy at the dollar store. i would rather choose to have my jeep on a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires or 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires for daily driving and offrading, the best of both worlds; you know, try to keep my jeep as close as possible to a real life military vechiale and i will as soon as i get a winch, an 8.8, manual differentials, new gears, kc day lighters, skid plates and much, much more .. man my jeep isn't even have way done

oh well, to each thier own, as they say.

yea, umm hmm, umm hmm, this is me totally caring.
headrush is offline  
post #14 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
danielbuck
Registered User
 
danielbuck's Avatar
1946 CJ2 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gilroy
Posts: 5,292
Way to support the jeep community want to start an anti black jeep club too while you're at it, and start burning crosses?

I don't think I understand the anti-this anti-that crap. People who hate black wheels, or hate thin tires, or hate wide tires, hate automatics, hate manuals, or hate whatever. I'm breaking my own rule here of "if you don't have anything nice to say...." but I think this type of thread and ideal is just dumb. Who the heck cares if a particular trend is going on or not, and why does it bother you so much? Do you really have nothing else better to do than to try and put down what other folks want to do with their vehicles? If it really is only a "trend", it'll be here today and gone tomorrow, so you'll have nothing to worry about.

I'm glad I don't have the intolerance that you have in regards to what people do with their vehicles. I could care less what someone elses jeep looks like, and I'm glad I don't get stressed over it like you seem to, haha!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danielbuck is offline  
post #15 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Vin
Registered User
 
Vin's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by headrush View Post
they both look pretty ugly, imo. the anti-low center of gravity jeep looks way too impratical for everyday driving situations and the low center of gravity jeep looks like one of those cheap toys you buy at the dollar store. i would rather choose to have my jeep on a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires or 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires for daily driving and offrading, the best of both worlds; you know, try to keep my jeep as close as possible to a real life military vechiale and i will as soon as i get a winch, an 8.8, manual differentials, new gears, kc day lighters, skid plates and much, much more .. man my jeep isn't even have way done

oh well, to each thier own, as they say.
Ovviously I went with 2 extreme picture. What you describe would not be low center of gravity, but Military jeeps would be LCOG. Even Humvees don't need a ladder to get into although they run 36 inch tires.
Vin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
need help with my group TJ Flexer TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 05-11-2008 11:18 AM
Anti-Theft/Anti-Break In Protection Eric_D TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 25 08-10-2007 10:43 AM
Thanks, new to group madapple33 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 3 10-09-2006 06:57 AM
group buy JSBlu974X4 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 06-22-2004 01:17 AM
New To The Group Superide TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 04-07-2003 02:33 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome