Anti Low C.O.G group! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 Old 09-18-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
ArrizX

2007 JK Wrangler 

Anti Low C.O.G group!

I have created a group who like our Jeeps big and tall. We're not trendy, and we build for what we need.

In the fine works of 2005X, big lifts and tires are what gets the job done around here.

Up here in the hills, a low center of gravity rig will have you bottomed out over ever other rut.

Haters keep hating.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/anti-low-c-o-g/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Vin

2012 JK Wrangler 

You realize your logo looks LCOG, right?
post #3 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 AM
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Woo Anti-Locog #3!! lol i personally like big trucks w/ even bigger tires!!

post #4 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 08:10 AM
jeepinmichguy_

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
post #5 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
headrush
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what are the qualifications for an "logcog" ?? what is a "logcog" or however you spell it.

yea, umm hmm, umm hmm, this is me totally caring.
post #6 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
moonshinefuel

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Beat me to it. Looks LCOG to me too.

AX5/NV3550 Conversion Thread.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bow Hunting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Vin

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrush View Post
what are the qualifications for an "logcog" ?? what is a "logcog" or however you spell it.
LCOG: Low Center of Gravity. Putting the biggest tires with the lowest lift. Usually dome with body modification as opposed to bigger suspension/body lifts.

post #8 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Vin

2012 JK Wrangler 

This is your basic lifted Jeep:

post #9 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 02:01 PM
ncb

Good thing I saw this thread. I was about to pull the trigger on some Eibach lowering springs and 37" KM2s.
post #10 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
It does. You need to add more fender gap.
post #11 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What a pointless thread. These LCG and anti-LCG threads get old real quick. You say yourself "build for what you need." So wouldn't that make you a proponent of "build for what you need" and not pro or anti-LCG? You seem like a smart enough guy so I'm SURE you can agree that an excessively high COG has its drawbacks, as does building too low for your given constraints. And I'm sure there are some rigs that would fall under the "LCG" group that can rock the PNW trails hard.

And just to be the devil's advocate, I consider my rig to have a fairly low LCG (~3" of lift on 35's). I have 20" at the belly and rarely, if ever, get caught up on my belly. What's your belly height? And I've said it several times--physics isn't a fad (or a trend as you put it). There's no arguing that keeping your COG as low as it can be for your given constraints is a smart way to go. There's a VERY good reason why 98% of the comp rigs out there are low, wide, and long.

OlllllllO

IndyORV
post #12 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 03:20 PM
breckboarder55

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
What a pointless thread. These LCG and anti-LCG threads get old real quick. You say yourself "build for what you need." So wouldn't that make you a proponent of "build for what you need" and not pro or anti-LCG? You seem like a smart enough guy so I'm SURE you can agree that an excessively high COG has its drawbacks, as does building too low for your given constraints. And I'm sure there are some rigs that would fall under the "LCG" group that can rock the PNW trails hard.

And just to be the devil's advocate, I consider my rig to have a fairly low LCG (~3" of lift on 35's). I have 20" at the belly and rarely, if ever, get caught up on my belly. What's your belly height? And I've said it several times--physics isn't a fad (or a trend as you put it). There's no arguing that keeping your COG as low as it can be for your given constraints is a smart way to go. There's a VERY good reason why 98% of the comp rigs out there are low, wide, and long.
QFT

To Veterans past and present, thank you for your service!
99 Jeep Wrangler-Just another TJ on 33"s
55 Dodge Royal Lancer- Resto Project
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
post #13 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 04:06 PM
headrush
1995 YJ Wrangler 

they both look pretty ugly, imo. the anti-low center of gravity jeep looks way too impratical for everyday driving situations and the low center of gravity jeep looks like one of those cheap toys you buy at the dollar store. i would rather choose to have my jeep on a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires or 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires for daily driving and offrading, the best of both worlds; you know, try to keep my jeep as close as possible to a real life military vechiale and i will as soon as i get a winch, an 8.8, manual differentials, new gears, kc day lighters, skid plates and much, much more .. man my jeep isn't even have way done

oh well, to each thier own, as they say.

yea, umm hmm, umm hmm, this is me totally caring.
post #14 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
danielbuck

1946 CJ2 

Way to support the jeep community want to start an anti black jeep club too while you're at it, and start burning crosses?

I don't think I understand the anti-this anti-that crap. People who hate black wheels, or hate thin tires, or hate wide tires, hate automatics, hate manuals, or hate whatever. I'm breaking my own rule here of "if you don't have anything nice to say...." but I think this type of thread and ideal is just dumb. Who the heck cares if a particular trend is going on or not, and why does it bother you so much? Do you really have nothing else better to do than to try and put down what other folks want to do with their vehicles? If it really is only a "trend", it'll be here today and gone tomorrow, so you'll have nothing to worry about.

I'm glad I don't have the intolerance that you have in regards to what people do with their vehicles. I could care less what someone elses jeep looks like, and I'm glad I don't get stressed over it like you seem to, haha!

post #15 of 126 Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Vin

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrush View Post
they both look pretty ugly, imo. the anti-low center of gravity jeep looks way too impratical for everyday driving situations and the low center of gravity jeep looks like one of those cheap toys you buy at the dollar store. i would rather choose to have my jeep on a 4 inch lift and 33 inch tires or 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires for daily driving and offrading, the best of both worlds; you know, try to keep my jeep as close as possible to a real life military vechiale and i will as soon as i get a winch, an 8.8, manual differentials, new gears, kc day lighters, skid plates and much, much more .. man my jeep isn't even have way done

oh well, to each thier own, as they say.
Ovviously I went with 2 extreme picture. What you describe would not be low center of gravity, but Military jeeps would be LCOG. Even Humvees don't need a ladder to get into although they run 36 inch tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in