4Likes
  • 3 Post By Psyclops
  • 1 Post By Psyclops

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-19-2018, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Psyclops

1989 YJ Wrangler 

The 5 Jeep States Of Being

Not sure if you guys can relate to this but over the years I've come to the conclusion that there are 5 basic Jeep states of being. There are many more Jeep states of being of course but these are some I have personally become familiar with. I have a YJ and a JK and though with my YJ I've felt all 5 states of being, with the JK I've only experienced the first 3 so far, I have yet to really get my hands dirty on that one.

1. Jeep Envy
When you first buy your Jeep of choice and see other Jeeps people have been working on for years and you envy their progress. Or any state of envying someone else's Jeep you think looks or performs more impressively than your own.

2. Jeep Stress
The most common Jeep state of being, a state of stress over current Jeep problems, or a lack of money to deal with unforeseen or possibly imminent problems facing you in the near future. Or any other state of being generally stressed out over how your Jeep is currently performing or showing hints to new issues you'll be facing soon.

3. Jeep Anguish
The feeling when you're broken down on the side of the road or on the trail miles from town, or facing a baffling problem leaving you with no idea where to start. Like fixing a problem you thought you fixed already, or being Jeep rich and money poor when new and unforeseen vehicle problems arise. Like having your transmission go right as you're getting used to your "new" Jeep, most of us have been there at some point. Or for newer Jeeps, hopelessly fighting with the dealership to get some bloody service.

4. Jeep Toil
A constant state one lives in as a Jeeper, a state of ever lasting work on an aging battleship where your enemy Rust lives and never sleeps. Spending literally countless dollars and hours fighting the good fight, replacing worn out parts and doing preventative maintenance and replacing parts not quite totally worn out yet, hoping for one day a momentary glimpse of the final state of Jeep being..

5. Jeep Glory
A state of having a glowing heart, driving in your modified or otherwise impressive creation, getting Jeep waves and thumbs up around town, people telling you "Nice Jeep!" and young women hollering "Hiii Wraaangler!" leaving you feeling like the Marlborough Man, and various other momentary glimpses of glory like conquering obstacles you had no idea a vehicle could drive over, let alone one that's almost as old as you are. Or just when you think you'll sink to the bottom of a horrible bog you gun it and your leaf springs seem to bounce you off some obstruction out of a massive swamp onto dry glorious land, you momentarily feel invincible. Be sure to thoroughly enjoy any moment of Jeep glory you experience because it runs in cycles and you will likely find yourself back at state 1, 2 or 3 before you know it.

Jeep on!

Luuca, Dunk78 and silvertjsteve like this.

Squares are manly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-20-2018, 08:25 AM
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like it and I'm gonna steal it!

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Member of Off-R-Rockers California Chapter Facebook Group
post #3 of 7 Old 03-20-2018, 09:47 AM
pagrey
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Envy, stress, anguish and toil, my list is not like that.

Even after the day on the trail I realized that my KJ wasn't up to the task - I still had a good day on the trail.

And envy, you need an LJ, that part will go away

Jeep on!

post #4 of 7 Old 03-20-2018, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Psyclops

1989 YJ Wrangler 

It's supposed to be a bit of a joke man lol take it with a dose of humor
silvertjsteve likes this.

Squares are manly.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2018, 11:35 AM
pagrey
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclops View Post
It's supposed to be a bit of a joke man lol take it with a dose of humor
I had no idea it was a joke, sounded like my friends talking about their ex-wives...

now that's a joke.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2018, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Psyclops

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have an offbeat sense of humor I guess. This is the kinda stuff I tell my friends who don't understand Jeeps and why we love them so much, I thought some of you might be able to relate to this view point. It's a challenge, mostly up hill, both ways in the snow but i still enjoy the trip.

Squares are manly.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-23-2018, 10:50 PM
silvertjsteve

While I used to get discouraged at the length of my to do list for my jeep it is fun to drive. I love the look on people's faces when they're sitting at a light next to me and about all they see is suspension and parts they've never seen before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in