Wrangler 2016 - Decent Buy - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-25-2021, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
varnco

Wrangler 2016 - Decent Buy

Thanks for the forum.

First-time buyer of a Jeep Wrangler, but my dad did have a AMC Commando that I got ahold of every now and then when I was a kid. :-)

Anyhow, I am looking a buying a used 2-door Wrangler, for under $30K out the door, with these interior comfort items:

Power Locks, Power Windows, Backup Camera and Bluetooth stereo.

Other: Less than 75K miles

It seems that quite a few Wranglers are very limited on options that I mentioned above, that are in my price range. Is this to be expected?

Is there a list somewhere that tells you what accessory options were available with each model/year, so I know what to look for?

Also, I saw one the other day that had "t-tops"... I thought they stopped making those in the 80's because they leaked. Stay away from these?

Thanks.. all opinions/thoughts are good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-25-2021, 05:32 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
no T top but close "freedom panels". yes known to leak and they come with it standard on a hard top.

Biggest option you want is 3.73 gears that came with Max tow. Or stock its 3.21< hardly works on stock tires well. people want 35s, gears for that is 4.10-4.56. Street<<<< has nothing to do with off road.

Only way to get 4.1 stock, Rubicons and all autos even that was a option.

These newer jeeps once they get near high miles cost can get costly. since much is way to complicated for most to even change spark plugs...

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-26-2021, 05:58 PM
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnco View Post
Thanks for the forum.

First-time buyer of a Jeep Wrangler, but my dad did have a AMC Commando that I got ahold of every now and then when I was a kid. :-)

Anyhow, I am looking a buying a used 2-door Wrangler, for under $30K out the door, with these interior comfort items:

Power Locks, Power Windows, Backup Camera and Bluetooth stereo.

Other: Less than 75K miles

It seems that quite a few Wranglers are very limited on options that I mentioned above, that are in my price range. Is this to be expected?
Almost everything will have power door locks and windows.

But a backup camera was never available as an option on a JK so nothing till a 2018 JL will have that unless it's aftermarket.

I would think the U connect Bluetooth was available on most models.

If you're having problems finding these things (other than the backup camera), then I think it's your price range that's the issue.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded

post #4 of 7 Old 05-26-2021, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
varnco

Thanks for the responses. These seem to be expensive and appear to hold their value.

Odd no camera till 2018, but I guess it's built for off-road, not backing up!

Anything to look for in a used one?
post #5 of 7 Old 05-27-2021, 02:57 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

You can add one though. The 430 and 730 radios can support a backup camera. It just needs to be flashed, which can be cone with an OBD dongle and JScan on your phone.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #6 of 7 Old 05-27-2021, 04:14 PM
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
You can add one though. The 430 and 730 radios can support a backup camera. It just needs to be flashed, which can be cone with an OBD dongle and JScan on your phone.
Yeah I thought about it for the first year or two, but the thought of having to pull up the center console and carpet and take apart the dash for access to the back of the NAV eventually convinced me to forget about it and get used to not having one again.

Then I rented a JLU the other week and was like are crap, I miss that.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded
post #7 of 7 Old 05-28-2021, 04:09 PM
JeepJeffW

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking at Wranglers for over a month and I saw one (1) 2door with a nav and backup system. I figured they installed it themself. Heck, with my butt sitting just about on top of the rear tire I really don't need the camera.

But I will make sure I have an auxiliary backup light since the rear factory lights suck. I always added them and had them switched so they would activate in reverse or by the switch for light when needed.

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in