Would you consider your buy this jeep? - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
jaumes2000
1983 CJ7 

Would you consider your buy this jeep?

Hello, I would like to know your opinion about this JEEP if you would consider buying it or not, it's a 1992 WRANGLER YJ long base produced in Venezuela with factory metal hard top. The vehicle in question is in very good condition, 4.0 newly rebuilt engine to 0.20 connected to an automatic box with the 4x4 in working codition. The interior retains its original upholstery. It has air conditioning that blows cold air. The paint is in good condition, some small points of oxide that will be treated in the next few days to be removed.

I leave some images, my idea is to export this vehicle to the US to place it for sale. Any comments or questions will be well received and appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Bazzer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Wow, a very different yj! I would imagine you will have no difficulty in finding a buyer as long as the price is right. I love the idea of a factory metal hardtop. Itís a lovely model, I wonder why it was never sold in the USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bharris68 likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 03:11 PM
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck getting a imported legally vehicle titled and insured.

It can be done but be prepared for a lot of work and expense.
timatoe likes this.

post #4 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

How much in USD?

I'm interested. PM me the details, maybe I can deposit and you let me worry about title and reg.

91 YJ "Alice"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #5 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 04:56 PM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

That's really pretty cool. I think the cool factor alone would sell it. Kind of like a Scrambler, but in a YJ.

Bill
Jeepers drive high!
1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2.5" lift + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #6 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I don't think you'd have any issue selling it, but like mentioned importing may be a major issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 05:15 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lol, I like the side seats... kinda like my old Land cruiser. But for extreme wheeling... the rear end sticks out too much for that. Ton of camping room, tho.
Luuca likes this.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #8 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Lol, I like the side seats... kinda like my old Land cruiser. But for extreme wheeling... the rear end sticks out too much for that. Ton of camping room, tho.
Overland Jeep YJ. Imagine all that room int he back with proper storage and sleeping setup.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017

post #9 of 16 Old 02-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

post #10 of 16 Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
jaumes2000
1983 CJ7 

Thank you all for your comments.

It is a great vehicle, with large cargo space it can be easily configured to go overland. You can also put a roof rack o roof tent without any problem like this in my CJ7

As many of you say, the main challenge is to take the vehicle legally to USA. It can be imported under a regulation that allows the entry of vehicles with more than 25 years old. At the moment I am reviewing the cost of customs procedures in Venezuela and the USA, the payment of the container and the ocean freight.

In the next few days I will take the Jeep to the paint workshop to fix the front driver fender, paint the headlights bezel in the body color and remove small points of oxide in the windshield frame.

After that I have to remove the window tint, for what I have been told is not allowed in all states. I will put new brakes on it and I will change all the fluids, to finally clean the vehicle and send it to port.

I'll be posting the progress I'm making these days.

Thanks everyone again.
post #11 of 16 Old 02-12-2019, 09:24 AM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm curious why you want to import to the US and then sell it? Seems like you are doing a lot of leg work to get it imported, and at the same time severely limiting your market area. Why not keep it where it is and market it worldwide? I think it has potential to interest collectors of the odd vehicle, anywhere in the world, especially the north Africa and middle east areas.

I just noticed the square corner doors. Never saw hard doors like that on a YJ, but the square corner seems pretty close in shape to the half door soft uppers.

Bill
Jeepers drive high!
1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2.5" lift + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #12 of 16 Old 02-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
if he can get it to Long beach, and isn't too proud of it, I'd buy it. I have a dash and title somewhere around here.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017

post #13 of 16 Old 02-12-2019, 09:20 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Cool jeep.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

post #14 of 16 Old 02-25-2019, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
jaumes2000
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
I'm curious why you want to import to the US and then sell it? Seems like you are doing a lot of leg work to get it imported, and at the same time severely limiting your market area. Why not keep it where it is and market it worldwide? I think it has potential to interest collectors of the odd vehicle, anywhere in the world, especially the north Africa and middle east areas.

I just noticed the square corner doors. Never saw hard doors like that on a YJ, but the square corner seems pretty close in shape to the half door soft uppers.

HI, The main reason to send it to the USA is because in this country is one of the largest communities of jeep lovers and I think that for this reason it is more feasible to sell it there. Another reason is that i konw the procedures to send the vehicle to the USA, but do not know how to do it to other destinations or what regulations there in those countries.

The square corner doors are quite common here in Venezuela, I think they were easier to produce and they fit easier with the metal roofs.
post #15 of 16 Old 02-27-2019, 11:00 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Hoss

She said, "I like your car!" ...I said, "Get out of my JEEP!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in