3Likes
  • 2 Post By arisythila
  • 1 Post By 222Doc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-03-2021, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
arisythila
2007 JK Wrangler 

Well I did it... Rubicon 392

My first jeep was awesome, but 3.8L was a crap of a motor. I always wanted a real motor in the Jeep.. So I placed an order for a Rubicon 392 on the 29th of April.

el guapo and Kev M like this.

2014 Nissan GTR Black Ed
2007 JKR, MC Game-Changer 2.5" 6-Pack, 35x12.5x17 BFG KM2 on Rock Monsters

Last edited by arisythila; 05-03-2021 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-03-2021, 04:47 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just curious, what's your out-the-door price ?

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #3 of 7 Old 05-03-2021, 04:54 PM
97Mule
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Garage
You did pay cash.... Didn't you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-03-2021, 05:18 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
more then my house was in LHC was back in 1999, now cost what at least 600k here easy. Thats paid off too. I would never drop 80k+ on any vehicle. better off with Tesla stocks and your 3.8. But its your money. last foolish expense was this JKR. Should have just built a Buggy as it would stomp on any thing jeep off road like it was a Yugo. think i dropped 33.5k on my 12 JKR, cash. its stripped too, off road mainly as it should be its a jeep...Packing right now for our annual Rubicon trail and Fordyce creek trail run in less then a month....

You dont know it but the issues with the 3.8 power was not really the 3.8 but how it was geared and that 42le auto slush box from the Tjs era. basically hand me down. Once they went to the 5 speed auto it was night and day. IF they had that auto in the jeep and they could have since its been around since the 90s as well. the W5 auto was in many of those eras super cars AMG, Jags etc.. 3.8 would have loved that trans "long time"... from Full metal jacket.....

lets hope that QC is better as that is the main issue with Fiat really and most all these newest vehicles. They are in that zone of the K.I.S.S. principle in design is gone. Its more like lets make this so complicated we can't fix it. Just buy a new one....... these jeeps will never be like those of the days were they could go say 300k miles. lucky to get 150k with out super expensive repair.

But it is cool to see a V8 jeep again, though the past ones were very slow back in the 80s. Just can not see the HUGE premium for the V8, dont cost them much more really . But what about the diesel one. great power and better MPG way way way better. might be an issue with the way this country is heading real fast. See what happens when fuel hits say 10 buck a gallon and it will they way its going easy. Things like hemi's wont be so popular. They are close right now for a all E jeep there is a proto type running around now. no gas at all. doe right it would be ever quicker. wont say Faster since the are not and limited right at 98mph. same as the 3.6. not that any jeep is safe at those speeds and jeep knows it. Why no 2 door hemi? People dont drive well enough to handle it and the deaths would be an issue. Kinda like those old shelby cobras or say 911s short wheel base big power. they can get out of hand in a heart beat. though back then we had no nannies too, it was all driver or die.
97Mule likes this.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 Old 05-04-2021, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
arisythila
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
They are only charging me the 77k. I guess some stealerships are charging over MSRP on these. I do not know what taxes will be at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Mule View Post
You did pay cash.... Didn't you?
At the moment I put 2k down, and will pay the rest when it gets here. I suspect it will be closer to 85k after taxes and licensing.

2014 Nissan GTR Black Ed
post #6 of 7 Old 05-04-2021, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
arisythila
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
more then my house was in LHC was back in 1999, now cost what at least 600k here easy. Thats paid off too. I would never drop 80k+ on any vehicle. better off with Tesla stocks and your 3.8. But its your money. last foolish expense was this JKR. Should have just built a Buggy as it would stomp on any thing jeep off road like it was a Yugo. think i dropped 33.5k on my 12 JKR, cash. its stripped too, off road mainly as it should be its a jeep...Packing right now for our annual Rubicon trail and Fordyce creek trail run in less then a month....

Quote:
You dont know it but the issues with the 3.8 power was not really the 3.8 but how it was geared and that 42le auto slush box from the Tjs era. basically hand me down. Once they went to the 5 speed auto it was night and day. IF they had that auto in the jeep and they could have since its been around since the 90s as well. the W5 auto was in many of those eras super cars AMG, Jags etc.. 3.8 would have loved that trans "long time"... from Full metal jacket.....
My 2007 had the 3.8L V6, with 4.10's and manual transmission. Much better than the 4-speed automatic. but with the 35's on it, it was a bear with accelleration. I even tossed headers/exhaust, and full cold air intake, and it may have increased the HP from 150 HP to 160HP. LOL :-)

Quote:
lets hope that QC is better as that is the main issue with Fiat really and most all these newest vehicles. They are in that zone of the K.I.S.S. principle in design is gone. Its more like lets make this so complicated we can't fix it. Just buy a new one....... these jeeps will never be like those of the days were they could go say 300k miles. lucky to get 150k with out super expensive repair.
I don't get that impression with the 392. I think they did some chassis changes, and stiffening to handle the 6.4L a bit better, but from what I understand its the great wrangler everybody loves. I wa actually going to look at getting a normal wrangler, then swapping to the hemi, but most people want 30-35k to do the swap with the motor and everything. Rubicon configured how the 392 is, and its 62k before tax and licensing. So for 15k more I get the motor I want? hecks yes!

Quote:
But it is cool to see a V8 jeep again, though the past ones were very slow back in the 80s. Just can not see the HUGE premium for the V8, dont cost them much more really . But what about the diesel one. great power and better MPG way way way better. might be an issue with the way this country is heading real fast. See what happens when fuel hits say 10 buck a gallon and it will they way its going easy. Things like hemi's wont be so popular. They are close right now for a all E jeep there is a proto type running around now. no gas at all. doe right it would be ever quicker. wont say Faster since the are not and limited right at 98mph. same as the 3.6. not that any jeep is safe at those speeds and jeep knows it. Why no 2 door hemi? People dont drive well enough to handle it and the deaths would be an issue. Kinda like those old shelby cobras or say 911s short wheel base big power. they can get out of hand in a heart beat. though back then we had no nannies too, it was all driver or die.
I was originally looking at the Ecodiesel. But once they dropped the 392, I was all over it. Diesel is cool, I've got the 2020 Ram 3500 High Output Cummins (400 HP, 1000ft lbs) and it's nice, but my wife really wanted the V8, she loves the sound of the Hemi V8's so it was a comprimise... None the less, I am happy with the purchase so far, not everybody will see value in things. The Ecodiesel equipt how I want it to be equipt is still almost 65k MSRP.

Really unsure how long it will even take to get it, but when I called FCA, they said about 2-3 months or so. They did mention that I will get a IOU for a second key because of the "chip shortage". So that will be interesting.

2014 Nissan GTR Black Ed
post #7 of 7 Old 05-07-2021, 06:36 PM
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisythila View Post
They are only charging me the 77k. I guess some stealerships are charging over MSRP on these. I do not know what taxes will be at the moment.

At the moment I put 2k down, and will pay the rest when it gets here. I suspect it will be closer to 85k after taxes and licensing.
I wonder if they would honor affiliate pricing if say you used a code front Tread Lightly.

Unless this is excepted from the program that would mean invoice plus $75.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in