Wanna buy death wobble jeep - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-21-2018, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Johnmerry

Wanna buy death wobble jeep

I wanna buy death wobble jeep in an old condition. Also want death wobble spare parts from Kevinsoffroad .com Is this site good to buy parts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-21-2018, 06:46 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

KOR (Kevin's) is pretty good overall. Whether or not what you're looking at is a good kit specifically, or the best solution for that Jeep's issue we don't know.
You didn't tell us what year or model Jeep it is, or what parts you're looking at getting.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 8 Old 08-21-2018, 03:03 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
The best solution to wobbles is NOT< Tossing Parts at it like a wack a-mole game. The last owner must have died in a effort to fix it. that is why its death wobble.

Unless you know how to check the parts in question or get lucky. have the tools and a place to do it some of this may be more than you can do, perhaps. Then you will need to take it to someone that can. So asking wont mean much hear since he will do what ever he knows as well. maybe he fixes it maybe not.

1*If they say, you need a new steering stabilizer. Never go back to them again.
2*If they say you need two steering stabilizers. read 1*

It is never the steering stabilizer. Set up well a jeep works with out it.
In general unless something is OBVIOUS. Tires first must be ZERO out balanced. Not close, or good enough. From there we need to check each component. Looking for the issue. If you have tires that are even a bit out wont cause wobbles it will induce a slight pulse the you can feel. The small pulse, wears on components. tack bar bushing ball joints tie rods bearings. in time one of the or other issues will make it go to full on wobbles. This is not just a jeep thing ANY vehicle could do this and any solid axle more so, much.

DW? not a big deal unless you have bent axle housing. Rust is a mush harder job to repair..much...

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-23-2018, 08:32 AM
aharper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
is there a Jeep you have in mind where they are offering some crazy low price for death wobble? I wouldn't want to deal with it at all... I'd rank it just behind a rusty frame.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-29-2018, 08:31 PM
SpecialK2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm dealing with death wobble. And I'm about to jump off a bridge. Guys, I've spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to fix this dam death wobble. I have a 2000 jeep Cherokee XJ, 215,000 miles. The engine runs perfectly. I've got a 3 inch lift. I've heard everything and tried almost everything. Tire pressure is all right on at 33psi. Tires only have about 15,000 miles on them. I rotate them more than a normal person would. I've replaced the track bar, steering dampener (I know, stupid but the original one was on there), replaced the drag link, tie rod ends and sleeve, replaced the tie rod at the pitman arm. I have not replaced the ball joints because I read that if they are bad you can rock the tire back and forth easily while its lifted off the ground. I've taken to an 'alignment shop' Mavis....maybe that is my problem? Is there a better place to take it? I walked into a 4x4 shop and the guy told me 'make sure your tires are all at the right PSI' and he gave me the cold shoulder. I think I'm ready to sell this damn thing man. Do you think its as simple as going to the right alignment shop and getting the tires balanced? I'll tell you, after I changed all the tie rods and drag link etc it definitely feels tighter. I thought I fixed it. Then I hit a bump at 55 and well, lets just say I couldn't get home fast enough to change my drawers. Please help! Please, no joke, I'm breaking my back trying to fix this death wobble.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialK2000 View Post
I'm dealing with death wobble. And I'm about to jump off a bridge. Guys, I've spent more time than I'd like to admit trying to fix this dam death wobble. I have a 2000 jeep Cherokee XJ, 215,000 miles. The engine runs perfectly. I've got a 3 inch lift. I've heard everything and tried almost everything. Tire pressure is all right on at 33psi. Tires only have about 15,000 miles on them. I rotate them more than a normal person would. I've replaced the track bar, steering dampener (I know, stupid but the original one was on there), replaced the drag link, tie rod ends and sleeve, replaced the tie rod at the pitman arm. I have not replaced the ball joints because I read that if they are bad you can rock the tire back and forth easily while its lifted off the ground. I've taken to an 'alignment shop' Mavis....maybe that is my problem? Is there a better place to take it? I walked into a 4x4 shop and the guy told me 'make sure your tires are all at the right PSI' and he gave me the cold shoulder. I think I'm ready to sell this damn thing man. Do you think its as simple as going to the right alignment shop and getting the tires balanced? I'll tell you, after I changed all the tie rods and drag link etc it definitely feels tighter. I thought I fixed it. Then I hit a bump at 55 and well, lets just say I couldn't get home fast enough to change my drawers. Please help! Please, no joke, I'm breaking my back trying to fix this death wobble.
Have you considered adjustable control arms, and adjusting your caster angle? Most alignment shops will set the caster to stock specs when doing an alignment, but a lifted Jeep needs less caster, i set mine to roughly 5 degrees, where stock is 7 degrees. This alone solved my death wobble issue. Shocking that only a couple degrees made a difference, but it did.

2000 Silverstone Metallic TJ
U4WDA
Utah JeepCrew
RR4W
post #7 of 8 Old 12-01-2019, 03:18 PM
SpecialK2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey thanks for the advice. I did consider adjustable control arms but since I'd already put some nice lower control arms in I honestly don't have the cash to be buying new adjustables. I did change the ball joints though since my last post and I haven't had death wobble since. I think it was a matter of changing every single joint in the front suspension. That would be my advice to anyone else out there with a 3 inch lift suffering from death wobble: check your tire pressure, balancing, all your tie rod ends, sway bar links, bushings, control arms, steering dampener, track bar, and last but not least...the dreaded ball joints.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-01-2019, 07:43 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, responding after a 15 month lapse.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx

Tags
death wobble , jeep accessories

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in