2Likes
  • 1 Post By APSolo
  • 1 Post By Billus07

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-01-2020, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Billus07
2012 WK 

Post-Pandemic JL Purchase

Was about to purchase a new JLU Wrangler when the Covid19 pandemic hit, now that we're starting to come out of this and dealers are opening (in PA) I'm shopping again... would appreciate the collective input on a few things:

1. Currently deals are much better on Sahara and lesser models than on Rubicon? Any intel that this would change and rubicon's would be included in better pricing incentives too?

2. Currently priced out a pretty well loaded up Sahara MSRP $56435 and price given to me was $50537... thats like 11% off MSRP... good deal or can do better?

3. I'm told (by local dealer) that orders are anticipated to have a 3 month turn around... that takes us to August and likely close to MY2021 timeframe... anyone else have insight to this?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-03-2020, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Billus07
2012 WK 

nobody has any insight?
post #3 of 9 Old 05-03-2020, 11:13 PM
RONA2020

From a quick look in AZ, I'd say you can probably do around $1000-$1500 better than the price you quoted above but depends on inventory. IMO forget the deal hype, Sahara v. Rubicon, and shop the one you want most in your area. I.e Earnhardt advertising same to better pricing for Rubicons (doesn't have much Sahara inventory), whereas others will have more loaded Sahara's and not so many Rubicons.

I'm not pushing Rubicon, I have Sahara Moab and am looking for another. Point being shop for what you really want and ignore the noise on deals, as I think you will get whatever you want for 10-15% if they have inventory sitting.

FCA was going to re-open mfg in Ohio tomorrow, but that has been postponed without specific date. You are going to have more leverage taking a Jeep off the lot vs.ordering IMO and prices are pretty damn good if you can find what you want. The other thing to consider is there could be delays even after re-opening, as setbacks could bring further delays.

Other considerations are if you have a trade, need financing, credit, etc. Not sure what features etc your looking for, but if you are not considering the sky 1 touch top at your price point, I'd highly recommend it. Doesn't seem to get mentioned too much in forums, as arguably "poser-esq" by jeep enthusiast standards and I can't disagree...but freakin game changer for me in terms of ability to have top down with ZERO hassles. That's my biggest sticking point on 2nd...do I spend the $$ to go with it or just go with hard/soft top.

Good luck.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-06-2020, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Billus07
2012 WK 

great points, Rona2020... thank you for the insight.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-09-2020, 03:03 PM
APSolo

2005 WK 

Don’t be afraid to travel to get a better price. We just drove 1000 miles from Texas to get a crazy deal on a 20’ WK2 Limited. It was literally $4500 cheaper than anything in the Houston/Dallas area after sitting down with multiple dealers. The 0% for 84 sealed the deal. Which was surprising. I’d imagine the JL’s are in a similar boat.
JeepRonibo likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-20-2020, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Billus07
2012 WK 

Fastforward from my original post, now somewhat aggressively looking for a vehicle already on a lot as I've been told I basically can't order a 2020 (or at least have a firm delivery timeframe)...

Nevertheless... Here's what I'm looking at:
2020 JL Rubicon (unlimited) - MSRP $58,035 - advertised price $49,980 --> after "destination/delivery fee"($1498) and "processing fee" ($800) plus sales tax (6%) we're back up to $55400 or so...

It seems talking to a number of dealerships that the $1498 destination fee is pretty consistent across the board, the "processing fee" varies $300-$900 dealership to dealership...

What's everyone else seeing out there?
Any chance the "employee pricing" gets extended to the rubicon (as it is now on just about every other wrangler trim)?
Anyone successfully negotiate out of the destination or processing fees?

Thanks in advance...
post #7 of 9 Old 05-20-2020, 10:59 PM
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Destination charge - delivery charge - generally is not a independently negotiable charge. The added on Dealer Processing fees are generally negotiable. Really depends on your skills and the dealers desire to move the unit off the lot.

Generally, dealers get bonuses from the manufacturer each month if the dealership meets a pre-determined goal of selling - actually delivering - a certain number of vehicles for the month. If you are there the last day of the dealer's "quota month" and he needs to deliver 50 units that month to get his bonus, and he's already sold 49 units, it could very well be your lucky day. The dealer will usually make insane deals to sell that 50th vehicle and get the bonus.

The whole post pandemic issue can create entirely new issues. A large east coast dealership that would normally advertise that they have 250 or more new Wranglers in stock, is currently reporting they only have 85 in stock, availability of vehicles will certainly affect the price.

Let us know how you make out !
post #8 of 9 Old 05-26-2020, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Billus07
2012 WK 

Just an update... after extensive search within 150miles of my residence I ended up finding a 2020 Rubicon at a dealer about 30 miles away... I feel like I got a good deal, just under 10% off MSRP and took advantage of the 36 mo/ 0% financing.
Kev M likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-28-2020, 05:44 AM
Bretsirthe

great points, Rona2020... thank you for the insight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in