• 1 Post By BornandRaisedLV
  • 1 Post By awnahas
  • 1 Post By 2022rubi2doors
  • 1 Post By OPRNOLE

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-26-2021, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
OPRNOLE

New Factory Order

Wondering if anyone else has submitted a factory order lately and, if so what your wait time was. I ordered a new 4Xe Sahara this week and, understandably, the dealer is noncommittal about timing. I understand supply chain issues, COVID impact etc... so am prepared to wait it out but wonder if anyone else has had a related experience lately.

Could NOT possibly be more stoked to get my first ever Jeep!!!

Thanks!!

OPRNOLE
'21 4Xe , Skytouch roof, "Snazzberry"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-11-2021, 03:15 PM
BornandRaisedLV

Yup, it took 4 weeks and that was after it sitting for a week waiting to be cleared.
OPRNOLE likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-13-2021, 10:25 PM
jocww

8 -14 weeks is what they told me I put a JTRD in Gecko green in on 9.7

red 86 xj 3.5 superflex with packs, deutush shocks hella 500 fog lights cb radio 31 dayton mud terrains on 15x8 ion wheels custom front bumper with winch and rear tow point
for you myspacers girlscuddlebug69

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bay Area wheelers click this link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TvisXJ Did he just pull a Woo Wong? Chevelle Yea... he just pulled a Woo Wong
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJIceQueen98
Real women don't drive hummers... they give them

post #4 of 15 Old 09-23-2021, 05:24 PM
CarJunkie

I missed my chance to order Gecko Green. I went to place an order yesterday and despite GG still showing as an option in the online configurator, it can NOT be ordered. I was also told by two local dealers yesterday that they have orders for 4xe's that were placed over 8 weeks ago that have not yet been taken up for build despite having allocations. Chip issues.

I want a 4xe . . . my wife wants Gecko Green . . . what's a CarJunkie to do?

I am going to drive 280 miles next Friday to pick up a Gecko Green 4xe with Mopar/FOX 2" lift installed that is sitting on a dealer lot . . .
post #5 of 15 Old 09-23-2021, 05:57 PM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post

I want a 4xe . . . my wife wants Gecko Green . . . what's a CarJunkie to do?

I am going to drive 280 miles next Friday to pick up a Gecko Green .

Smart man.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #6 of 15 Old 09-24-2021, 02:37 PM
awnahas

Willys came in 34 days from day ordered
smokeythecat likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 09-24-2021, 02:38 PM
awnahas

Actually said it was done in 3weeks, just took a while to deliver
post #8 of 15 Old 09-25-2021, 05:31 PM
smokeythecat

I tried to make a factory order today and they said it would take about 8 weeks. So, I plunked down the deposit and headed home. On the way back I got a call from the dealer saying that Jeep wasn't building any Willys (2 door) with manual transmissions. I suppose that is possible, but it seemed bizarre to me and I canceled the order over the phone.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-25-2021, 06:32 PM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know how much applies to these situations, but the chip shortage is about to get much worse. A chip can take weeks from start to finish as it goes through many processes, but periodic disease breakouts in some Asian nations, combined with the political issues around Taiwan have interrupted the smooth flow. Everyone is sweating it, automobiles, phones, computers, industrial products, even the military (they use a lot of commercially made chips).

If you get a chance to get what you want, grab it.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #10 of 15 Old 10-09-2021, 12:51 PM
2022rubi2doors

Just ordered a new JL. I was told 3-4 months maybe sooner. I only have a vehicle order number at this point, so I have a long road to travel yet. But it’s happening! I don’t really care how long it takes, this is more of a toy for me than a necessity. There are dealerships still receiving 2021 units for their showrooms, but 2021 is closed for ordering. 2022 is what I could order.
post #11 of 15 Old 10-10-2021, 09:49 AM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Scheduling may be getting tougher... not much to do, but be prepared.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wait-...042600884.html

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #12 of 15 Old 10-10-2021, 10:09 AM
smokeythecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022rubi2doors View Post
Just ordered a new JL. I was told 3-4 months maybe sooner. I only have a vehicle order number at this point, so I have a long road to travel yet. But itís happening! I donít really care how long it takes, this is more of a toy for me than a necessity. There are dealerships still receiving 2021 units for their showrooms, but 2021 is closed for ordering. 2022 is what I could order.
I am very naive, apparently. I didn't even know I was supposed to get a vehicle order number. All I got was a receipt for my deposit. I text to the salesman asking for one resulted in no reply. Should I be concerned?
post #13 of 15 Old 10-11-2021, 10:17 AM
2022rubi2doors

I would ask the salesmen for your order number. Just to have it for reference. That’s what has all your options listed and what gets submitted to the manufacturer. I Was told the next step after the order number is getting a vin assigned to it, takes a bit of time for this to happen because of all the covid stuff. After the vin assignment it gets built. Which also takes a long time right now, every special option you choose takes a little longer too. Mine is going to take forever, but it’s okay. The stoke is high over here.
smokeythecat likes this.
post #14 of 15 Old 10-16-2021, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
OPRNOLE

Ok gang...ordered 8.23 received and purchased 10.13!! Paid exactly sticker plus a $529 dealer fee. not sure if that's a good deal or not but it's what happened. Can I say, waited 30 years of being responsible family guy before I bought my first Jeep and...Holy Sh*t it's awesome!!!! 4xe with Skytouch roof, the wife loves it, dogs love it, Kids will love it when they finally see it!
smokeythecat likes this.

OPRNOLE
'21 4Xe , Skytouch roof, "Snazzberry"
post #15 of 15 Old 10-17-2021, 10:57 AM
smokeythecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPRNOLE View Post
Ok gang...ordered 8.23 received and purchased 10.13!! Paid exactly sticker plus a $529 dealer fee. not sure if that's a good deal or not but it's what happened. Can I say, waited 30 years of being responsible family guy before I bought my first Jeep and...Holy Sh*t it's awesome!!!! 4xe with Skytouch roof, the wife loves it, dogs love it, Kids will love it when they finally see it!
Wow! That gives me a little hope. However, how long did it take you to receive your VIN number after the 8/23 order date? It is nearing 3 weeks for me and I still haven't received one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in