Looking for a newer Jeep - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-10-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
effindan44

Looking for a newer Jeep

Hey there, new to the forum and pretty new to Jeeps. My previous one was a 1999 WJ, which rotted out from under me because I knew nothing about Jeeps upon buying it. Anyway, I am looking for a daily driver that I can put a few inches and bigger tires under for light trails and such, nothing crazy and probably no crawling. Also looking to spend around $8,000 or less.

I have been looking at the second gen. Liberty (KK) and Patriot (MK), but most "Jeep guys" don't seem to like them. Any particular reason? I knew the older 4.0 is amazing, and if I could get a newer Jeep with it, that would be sweet, but are the new engines no good? Are there other factors that make the newer Jeeps not as good? Would I be better off getting an XJ, ZJ, or WJ with the 4.0?

Any info on this, or suggestions on what I *should* be going for, would be very appreciated! Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-11-2016, 12:02 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

Whether they use it or not, Jeep people like off road capability, which the Liberty sorta doesn't have, and the Patriot definitely doesn't have. Also, the XJ (which Jeep people love) got replaced by the Liberty which wasn't as good in any way. The Patriot is crap, but they're cheap, so... it all balances out.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
effindan44

I know the Patriot can come equipped with "Freedom Drive II" or something which seems like a capable off-road drive-train. Is that not the case? If I put 3-4 inches under it and some bigger tires it wouldn't do alright? I like off-road capabilities too haha, so I wouldn't get one that is totally incapable.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by effindan44 View Post
I know the Patriot can come equipped with "Freedom Drive II" or something which seems like a capable off-road drive-train. Is that not the case? If I put 3-4 inches under it and some bigger tires it wouldn't do alright? I like off-road capabilities too haha, so I wouldn't get one that is totally incapable.
3-4" is hard to do on a wrangler!

Tags
KK , liberty , mk , patriot , reliability

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in