Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

looking to buy an XJ in philly

739 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  XJK 
#1 ·
hey everyone, i have been trolling this forum for a while now doing my research and whatnot. i am in the military and have traveled to the land far, far away and developed a social attachment for multi-purpose vehicles such as the hummer. now that i get back into my honda (because it was economical at the time i bought it), i feel really lame as you can imagine.

i really want something that resembles a hummer and came to an XJ. i do not really want a wrangler because if i have to pack up and move, i wont have as much room. also, if i go bar hopping, i would want something where i can put down the back seats, unroll my sleeping bag and take a snooze or if i meet a girl, then we can have an intimate encounter.

for purposes sake, i would assume i would not want a 2000-2001 because they do not have headers for them and the ignition is very different? also considering they are OBD3 for emissions would not be ideal? i really want something that would be fun to work on, but yet reliable. i am thinking of something none renix... maybe say 1991-1999? is that a good bet? or should i try and get 1997-99 because everything was updated then?

i would also like something where i can rent a u-haul auto transport for my RX7. apprentally they wont allow wranglers anyways since they do not have a "roof". i would gather that if i can keep a 1995 rx7 twin turbo with a rotary engine running and maintained, then an XJ would not be too hard. please help me out here, because i know that from this point forward, i will be a frequent forum member of this site :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.