Looking to buy a wranger, first time - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-15-2021, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
tortugaa

Looking to buy a wranger, first time

Hi There.

Created an account just for this. I am wanting to buy a 2door, 2021 wrangler sport, with the Willies package. Bone stock other than that package (maybe towing group). Now the base 2dr willies with 3.6/manual transmission + $245 paint package comes in at 32,640 on the jeep site. I realize there will be destination charges, dealer doc, taxes...etc, but my question is, how much markup will dealers be putting on this? An extra 10k? Is it realistic to get it around MSRP? Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-16-2021, 08:26 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

If you order it, you can avoid having the dealer add stupid overpriced crap that drives up the MSRP. However you might be close to the end of 2021 order cycle.

Ways to avoid paying MSRP are varied, Some can be your negotiation skills, buying from a volume dealer and checking to see if your employer is on the Chrysler Affiliate list. If your employer is a Chrysler Affiliate, you can get a certificate which allows you 1% below dealer invoice plus a $75 program fee. If your employer is not, join Tread Lightly at the $100 membership level. After 30 days, you can then get a Chrysler Affiliate certificate.

Depending on where you live, you could also email Craig at Koons in MD. Koons internet program participates in the forum group buy and offers between 4-8% below invoice depending on model. Check out out vendor section for Craigs contact info and details. https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f1461/

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 5 Old 07-16-2021, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
tortugaa

Thank you. This gives me some place to start. I will look for the Chrysler affiliate information in the forums. I was also thinking of the costco auto membership, ive heard decent things about that.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-27-2021, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
tortugaa

As an update; I searched around for dealers offering a certain percentage off wranglers. I found a local dealer going up to 7% off invoice. They do honor the tread lightly program. So in short, I placed an order for a Willy's all barebones + Air conditioning. It came out as follows;

Sell price with options 34,165.00 (AC 1,295, paint 245)
Discount = 3,125.00
Adjusted price 31,040.

With 399 doc fee, 1866 state tax, and 14 dollar fee, grand total is 33.339.00. Admittedly, i'm not the best at math, but dividing the discount by the sell price + options, I think i got about 9% off msrp. Does that seem about normal to get right now?

Last edited by tortugaa; 07-27-2021 at 07:39 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-28-2021, 07:23 AM
liftsfea

I hope you find one soon. Good luck on your search!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in