Looking to buy a 2door jeep - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-02-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
scwood

Looking to buy a 2door jeep

I would like to stay around $10K.I want soft top,6cyl,I think I want straight drive,AC.Can you help with what year models to look for and what years to avoid?I got my drivers licenses in a 1981 CJ7 Wrangler,but I know very little about the newer models. What is the difference between Rubicon and Wrangler and other models? Thanks for any help! This my first visit to the site. I hope to do more reading and learn before I start looking for a jeep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

For $10k, you're probably looking at a TJ model, made from 1997-2006. The Sport, X, Sahara, and Rubicon trim levels all came with the 4.0 liter inline 6.

The Rubi level, 2003-2006, came from the factory, with special axles, transfer case, and a few other goodies. But, you will be hard pressed to find a Rubi for $10k.

The link below is a good source of info.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/s...ations-452871/

A suggestion, search CraigsList, and go look at and test drive any many as you can, even the ones you know you don't want or can't afford. This will all help educate you. Depending on what part of the country you live in, rust can be and is a huge problem, even to the point some guys have to do a total frame swap. Rust is like a cancer. Most typical jeep problems can be fixed, but rust will eat you and your pocket book alive, so check underneath extra good.

Good luck and post back with more questions.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #3 of 4 Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Blazzer

And why do not you consider the option of leasing? 10k is a great start, but you can take a new car and pay small bags every month. For example, the new Grand Cherokee will cost $ 275 per month. Look here http://www.mnautoleasing.com/car-lease-deals/jeep , other models will also be inexpensive.

Last edited by Blazzer; 03-15-2019 at 07:25 AM.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
scwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzer View Post
And why do not you consider the option of leasing? 10k is a great start, but you can take a new car and pay small bags every month. For example, the new Grand Cherokee will cost $ 275 per month , other models will also be inexpensive.
This will be a toy.I will be paying cash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in