Looking at '08 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-25-2021, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
dezlram

Looking at '08 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD

Hi, new member here. I'm going to be looking at an '08 Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD for sale with 120,000mi on it. Looks super clean and the guy wants $8500. He appears to be a private party guy that buys vehicles at auctions and sells them online. He said it has no leaks, no check engine lights and drives like a dream. Everything works on it. I asked him about the maintenance history and of course he said he doesn't know because he bought it at an auction. I'm a long time Dodge diesel truck owner plus I'm a marine engineer (diesel mechanic) on a tug boat for a living so I know diesels pretty well, just not the 3.0 CRD. I've been doing a lot of research online and it seems as though problem areas are the swirl door, CCV system, intake seals, and possibly the oil cooler. Anything else I need to be concerned with regarding this engine? As I understand it, 120,000mi isn't much for these engines if maintained properly. Does this seem like a decent deal if everything checks out ok? If I buy, I plan on addressing the swirl door by bypassing with the emulator plug and re-routing the ccv to under the vehicle just like my '02 Dodge Cummins truck is. Thanks for any and all input!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-26-2021, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
dezlram

Wow I thought I would get at least one reply on here...😳

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in