JK differences- 2008-16 vs. 2017-18 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-01-2018, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
pchak

JK differences- 2008-16 vs. 2017-18

Hi-
I just took delivery on a 2018 Unlimited Altitude. I had a 2008 Unlimited a few years back, and remembered seeing subtle differences as the years progressed. Leaving drivetrain components, etc. out of it, are most of the general accessories interchangeable? I'm looking mainly at add-ons, like lock boxes, tonneau, etc. For that matter, have there been soft top changes?
I guess my question boils down to in catalogues if it is good for Unlimiteds 2008-16, or 2012-2016, and 2017-18 is an after thought?

Just looking for some general lines of demarcation where things really change a lot.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

There may be an exception somewhere, but I imagine if it's good for a 16 it will generally fit a 17-18. I don't recall greeting any real change after 16.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded
post #3 of 4 Old 03-03-2018, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
pchak

Thanks, Kev. It wouldn't seem so, especially with the JL coming out. I just found my Amazon and eBay searches were leaving a lot of easy like mud mats and seat covers out because they weren't updates for 2018 JK's

The dealer was stuck with about 15 '18 JK's, and only 6 JL's. I drove a JL, but couldn't get one that was reasonably-optioned (they had a stripped Sport, and the rest were all fully-loaded Saharas, and one Rubi heading toward the $60K mark. The JL was nice to drive, but for the money, the JK had all the stuff I wanted (except for a soft top-what the hell are these people thinking with all the hard tops?), including heated seats, and some nice wheels. I ended up getting it for almost $6k off list.

Immediate stuff is just waterproof seat covers (I could rant about leather in an open top car but...) and the mats. When a warm day pops up, I'll remove the carpet and put it away, and bed line the foot wells. I'm looking to make a security tonneau cover out sheet aluminum, as I haven't seen one that does what I like.

Thanks again!

post #4 of 4 Old 03-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

I think most manufacturers don't update their parts lists until they have confirmed fit. And sometimes even then they lag or their resellers lag behind for years.

Lol on the hardtop and heated leather, I specifically spec'd those on mine. I actually think I'd rather have leather get wet than cloth. Well, I'd rather neither but whatever.

And I love the hardtop in winter.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in