I work for the busiest Jeep store in the world - ask me anything - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 62 Old 02-02-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czeelske View Post
Hey! Few questions on the new Cherokees:

In the process of shopping for a 2017 Jeep Cherokee.

Is there a big difference between the Sport and the Latitude?

I was also told the Latitude has a mercedes benz engine is this correct?

How low can I get the dealer to go for the price?

Did they fix the transmission issues in the 2017? I know 2014 had a lot of problems with the transmission.

Thanks!!
Sport and latitude are very similar trims but the latitude has better rims, a few subtle trim differences such as auto head lamps, ect. The bigger difference is going from a Latitude to a Limited or Trailhawk.

Latitude does not have a MB motor, the PentaStar engine line up is unique to Chrysler (FCA) and the 3.2L is essentially a smaller displacement version of the 3.6L. Similar HP ratings, less torque and better on gas. It's an awesome motor, though. When you put it into SPORT mode, it's like driving a different car, man. Try it out.

Check the incentive amounts and have a realistic goal in mind. A sport does not have thousands of dollars in room and same proves to be true for the other trims except for incentives, of course. That's all factory backed.

The 9 speed, although it has had it's fair share of problems, appears to be fairing well at the moment. I'm told there has been a few updates to help with reliability for the 2017 model year but I am unsure of the specific mechanical differences.

Good luck to you!

Keith G. - Westbury Jeep Sales Associate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 02-05-2017, 01:39 AM
brian196

I'm in the market for a new JGC also. I love the look of the Altitude package but I would like full leather seats. I thought about the overland with black interior but I can't stand the gold/bronze trim. How can I get the exterior look of the altitude with the full leather seat from the overland?

Tags
compass , jeep , jk , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in