I work for the busiest Jeep store in the world - ask me anything - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 62 Old 01-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Trons
1997 ZJ 

Garage
I have 2 questions:

Was the rain sensing wipers available on the 2016 Latitude Cherokee. I've gotten various answers from online and from my local dealer. I even had a bad run in with a salesman at my local dealer who insisted they were available on all models as a stand alone option, even after his manager assured me it was only available on the Limited and TH through the technology package and you couldn't ala carte the options, you either got the package or not.

Is Jeep coming up with a Pick up and what will be the towing capacity?

'03 TJ Rubicon (sold)
'16 KL Latitude
'97 Grand Cherokee Laredo, Stock (for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 Old 01-04-2017, 09:38 PM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

1936 CJ2A 

So for more of a general dealer question.

Are waiting list for older Jeep parts a joke from the dealer? I was like "8th on the list and we should put out 30 this year", back in 2006. It was that plastic piece for shifter nob to connect to the tranny. Never got an email or snail mail.

What is the best way to get maintenance done at the dealership. I was fine with doing everything to my CJ, but the electronics on my TJ will have me going to a dealer sometime. Once when I had my WK and once when I had Cummins Ram, I had sensors fail one them, that I trouble shot myself. Took them in and they didnt replace either sensor, but found the "real" problem. The Ram I caught on the receipt from the dealer, took it back and had them fix it for free. Great manager. The WK, took a week before I got the trouble code again. I had to pay for the previous part. They covered the labor, then I replaced the part myself. While they totally didnt screw me over. If I want them to replace a certain part, what is the best way to go about it? I dont want to have to pay extra for diagnostics and for extra parts I dont need.

Thanks for doing this!

2005 TJ X: MC 3.5" lift, 33"x12.5" tires, 1.25" Zone body lift, Curry Antirock sway bar.
post #33 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 12:50 AM
w6pea

2019 WK 

Garage
I have a question.
I Bought a Ram 2500 Laramie in March. (I ordered it in Jan. and took delivery on 11 Mar16.) For four or five months I received a Monthly Vehicle Health Report.
I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland on 30Sep16, I drove it home on 01Oct16. I recieved a Vehicle Health Report on 16Oct16, I have not received any for either vehicle. I received an e-mail that said I could lock in for $149.00 I was told by my dealer that this was locked in for 12 months on th Ram. and also on my Jeep. What gives?

Your Uconnect® Access trial2 is coming to an end.
Get connected to your drive and subscribe today.
Keep the valuable services you've come to rely on.
You've had some time to discover the power Uconnect Access gives you while you're in your Ram 2500. And we don't want you to lose the ability to tap into the information you need, entertainment you love and convenient remote services3 you've come to rely on. So subscribe now to get the Advantage Package for just $14.99/month4 (other charges apply). If you're looking for a more convenient way to pay for Uconnect Access, we also offer annual pricing for $149.99/year1 (other charges apply), which is a savings of over 15% off our monthly option!
Subscribing is easy!

Access account and visit
the Uconnect Store5
OR

Call Uconnect Access
Care at (855) 792-4241

Remember, wherever your day takes you,
Uconnect Access lets you:3
Remotely start your vehicle

Remotely lock & unlock doors

Get help fast

Once you have it, you won't want to be without it!
For more information or additional assistance,
please contact Uconnect Access Care at
(855) 792-4241. Or visit DriveUconnect.com.

If you have already made a purchase of the Advantage Package, please disregard this email.

(1) Plus taxes and surcharges. Annual subscription must be paid at time of purchase. You may unsubscribe by contacting Uconnect® Access Care; your annual subscription payment will be prorated based upon the number of full months remaining in your annual subscription period and refunded to you. (2) Your new vehicle may come with an included trial period for use of the Uconnect Access Services. Your trial begins the day you take delivery of your vehicle, so register as soon as possible. To activate the trial, you must register with Uconnect Access. (3) Vehicle must be within the 50 United States, have network coverage and must be registered with Uconnect Access with an active subscription that includes the applicable feature. Vehicle must be registered for Uconnect Access and you must fulfill minimum subscription requirements. It must also be equipped with features that enable remote commands, such as keyless entry, and must be in active and usable wireless network range. The Uconnect Access App must be installed and launched on your mobile device to use these remote commands. Remote features are available only on vehicles that are properly equipped. Check state and local laws regarding the use of remote start systems. (4) Plus taxes and surcharges. Advantage Package subscriptions sold separately after the trial included with your vehicle purchase. You can cancel at any time. (5) This feature is not available while vehicle is in motion. (6) The 9-1-1 Call button will connect you directly with Emergency Assistance. If you accidentally press the button, you have 10 seconds to cancel the call by either pressing the 9-1-1 button on the rearview mirror or the cancel button on the Uconnect touchscreen. (7) If you have this feature and have reported your vehicle as stolen to an appropriate law enforcement agency, Uconnect will try to locate your vehicle after receiving proper documents and once law enforcement contacts Uconnect Customer Care. Uconnect may refuse to locate your vehicle if you do not provide the requested information or documents. Always notify law enforcement if your vehicle is stolen and do not attempt to recover it on your own. Yelp logo and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp.

©2015 FCA US LLC. All Rights Reserved. Ram, Mopar and Uconnect are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. The Twitter logo is a service mark of Twitter, Inc. The YouTube logo is a trademark of Google Inc. Instagram is a service mark of Instagram, Inc.

This is an automated email, please do not reply. At FCA US LLC, we value your privacy. If you do not wish to receive further email communications from Uconnect Access, please click here.

Uconnect Access Email Headquarters, FCA US LLC, 1000 Chrysler Dr, DEPT 4850044, Auburn Hills, MI 48326

3C6UR4KL8GG255207 TP13_v.4.1.16

"Without Trucks & Truck Driver's America Stops!"
"There's too much Blood in my Caffeine System"
."Semper Fi"
"Once A Marine Always A Marine"

2019 JGC 5.7L Hemi

post #34 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 01:34 AM
w6pea

2019 WK 

Garage
Also are the Rain Sensor Wipers available or were they available with the Ram 2500 Laramie? Or can i have the dealer install them. I know that the headlights come on when I run the windshield wipers.

."Semper Fi"

2019 JGC 5.7L Hemi
post #35 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trons View Post
I have 2 questions:

Was the rain sensing wipers available on the 2016 Latitude Cherokee. I've gotten various answers from online and from my local dealer. I even had a bad run in with a salesman at my local dealer who insisted they were available on all models as a stand alone option, even after his manager assured me it was only available on the Limited and TH through the technology package and you couldn't ala carte the options, you either got the package or not.

Is Jeep coming up with a Pick up and what will be the towing capacity?
I REALLY, REALLY don't think so. Usually a latitude is pretty basic, but not as basic as a SPORT, you know? I really can't see that being an option on a Cherokee Latitude but I could be wrong, may have been a weird package that I'm not aware of but if I was a betting man, I'd put my money on no.

And yes, there will be a wrangler styled pick up truck. It will be available as early as 2019 for the 2020 model. Thats what Chrysler is telling us, at least. Usually the general public is almost as up to date as we are, FCA doesn't throw us bone like that but they have confirmed with our staff that a new bodied wrangler will be released late 2018 as a 2019 and the following year they have plans to release the pick up. No news on what it will be called, though, but expect it to have a 2000 - 3500 lbs towing capacity. Thats what I would think, at least. It's going to have the 3.6L PentaStar as its biggest motor, I'm forced to assume and I think that's about what we expect out of current V6 set ups with the Wrangler.

Keith G. - Westbury Jeep Sales Associate
post #36 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrugger View Post
So for more of a general dealer question.

Are waiting list for older Jeep parts a joke from the dealer? I was like "8th on the list and we should put out 30 this year", back in 2006. It was that plastic piece for shifter nob to connect to the tranny. Never got an email or snail mail.

What is the best way to get maintenance done at the dealership. I was fine with doing everything to my CJ, but the electronics on my TJ will have me going to a dealer sometime. Once when I had my WK and once when I had Cummins Ram, I had sensors fail one them, that I trouble shot myself. Took them in and they didnt replace either sensor, but found the "real" problem. The Ram I caught on the receipt from the dealer, took it back and had them fix it for free. Great manager. The WK, took a week before I got the trouble code again. I had to pay for the previous part. They covered the labor, then I replaced the part myself. While they totally didnt screw me over. If I want them to replace a certain part, what is the best way to go about it? I dont want to have to pay extra for diagnostics and for extra parts I dont need.

Thanks for doing this!
It depends on how your local dealer is set up. I'm sure some small dealers probably don't want to deal with their tiny parts department, because hey, if your not buying a new car, why the hell are you here? XD

But in all seriousness, if you're very cool with the service director or service manager over there, simply tell them that you know exactly what needs to be replaced and don't want to deal with the same troubleshooting that the soccer mom is dealing with in the other bay (i.e. "Whenever I turn, my car goes SHOOSH SHOOSH CRUUUUGHZ") and I think they'll get the idea. Casually let them know that you're experienced with automotive repairs but don't want to attempt to fix this particular problem due to the complex nature of the electronics. Make a friend, life is all about connections and networking. I'm sure if you go to the same place over and over and speak with the same people over and over, you'll be able to dictate how much involvement they really need to have in your Jeeps life.

Hope that helps. And you're very welcome, seems like this idea I had caught on pretty well, eh? Good luck to you!

post #37 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
I have a question.
I Bought a Ram 2500 Laramie in March. (I ordered it in Jan. and took delivery on 11 Mar16.) For four or five months I received a Monthly Vehicle Health Report.
I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland on 30Sep16, I drove it home on 01Oct16. I recieved a Vehicle Health Report on 16Oct16, I have not received any for either vehicle. I received an e-mail that said I could lock in for $149.00 I was told by my dealer that this was locked in for 12 months on th Ram. and also on my Jeep. What gives?

Your Uconnect® Access trial2 is coming to an end.
Get connected to your drive and subscribe today.
Keep the valuable services you've come to rely on.
You've had some time to discover the power Uconnect Access gives you while you're in your Ram 2500. And we don't want you to lose the ability to tap into the information you need, entertainment you love and convenient remote services3 you've come to rely on. So subscribe now to get the Advantage Package for just $14.99/month4 (other charges apply). If you're looking for a more convenient way to pay for Uconnect Access, we also offer annual pricing for $149.99/year1 (other charges apply), which is a savings of over 15% off our monthly option!
Subscribing is easy!

Access account and visit
the Uconnect Store5
OR

Call Uconnect Access
Care at (855) 792-4241

Remember, wherever your day takes you,
Uconnect Access lets you:3
Remotely start your vehicle

Remotely lock & unlock doors

Get help fast

Once you have it, you won't want to be without it!
For more information or additional assistance,
please contact Uconnect Access Care at
(855) 792-4241. Or visit DriveUconnect.com.

If you have already made a purchase of the Advantage Package, please disregard this email.

(1) Plus taxes and surcharges. Annual subscription must be paid at time of purchase. You may unsubscribe by contacting Uconnect® Access Care; your annual subscription payment will be prorated based upon the number of full months remaining in your annual subscription period and refunded to you. (2) Your new vehicle may come with an included trial period for use of the Uconnect Access Services. Your trial begins the day you take delivery of your vehicle, so register as soon as possible. To activate the trial, you must register with Uconnect Access. (3) Vehicle must be within the 50 United States, have network coverage and must be registered with Uconnect Access with an active subscription that includes the applicable feature. Vehicle must be registered for Uconnect Access and you must fulfill minimum subscription requirements. It must also be equipped with features that enable remote commands, such as keyless entry, and must be in active and usable wireless network range. The Uconnect Access App must be installed and launched on your mobile device to use these remote commands. Remote features are available only on vehicles that are properly equipped. Check state and local laws regarding the use of remote start systems. (4) Plus taxes and surcharges. Advantage Package subscriptions sold separately after the trial included with your vehicle purchase. You can cancel at any time. (5) This feature is not available while vehicle is in motion. (6) The 9-1-1 Call button will connect you directly with Emergency Assistance. If you accidentally press the button, you have 10 seconds to cancel the call by either pressing the 9-1-1 button on the rearview mirror or the cancel button on the Uconnect touchscreen. (7) If you have this feature and have reported your vehicle as stolen to an appropriate law enforcement agency, Uconnect will try to locate your vehicle after receiving proper documents and once law enforcement contacts Uconnect Customer Care. Uconnect may refuse to locate your vehicle if you do not provide the requested information or documents. Always notify law enforcement if your vehicle is stolen and do not attempt to recover it on your own. Yelp logo and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp.

©2015 FCA US LLC. All Rights Reserved. Ram, Mopar and Uconnect are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. The Twitter logo is a service mark of Twitter, Inc. The YouTube logo is a trademark of Google Inc. Instagram is a service mark of Instagram, Inc.

This is an automated email, please do not reply. At FCA US LLC, we value your privacy. If you do not wish to receive further email communications from Uconnect Access, please click here.

Uconnect Access Email Headquarters, FCA US LLC, 1000 Chrysler Dr, DEPT 4850044, Auburn Hills, MI 48326

3C6UR4KL8GG255207 TP13_v.4.1.16

Monthly vehicle health report? Very weird, indeed. Never heard of it. The rest of the letter you quoted seems to be from UConnect Access (now called Uconnect+SIRIUS Guardian) which is like FCA's version of OnStar : Assist, remote lock and unlock as well as remote start from anywhere in the world. If it's from UConnect, then it's an offer for a yearly subscription. They are a Chrysler company, so no scam there.
If it's from the dealer, then it's probably some crap they drummed up to get money. My dealer does this too with something called ZuricShield, which is an ecofriendly spray applied to the vehicle that protects against weather induced fading. We do it for free for one year but you can purchase additional protection through us. It gets their name out there and gives us something cool to give away for free but we don't send offers in the mail about that, though I do know some less than reputable places may attempt to solicit services.

Quote:
Also are the Rain Sensor Wipers available or were they available with the Ram 2500 Laramie? Or can i have the dealer install them. I know that the headlights come on when I run the windshield wipers.
They SHOULD have been standard on the Laramie Longhorn, but 2500's can get tricky. I want to say that the 2500 Laramie may have it as standard equipment or as part of a technology package, but I would think it is at the very least available. I do doubt, however, that the dealer could install that system as it utilizes various sensors and I'm fairly sure the factory wants no one doing that kind of up fit. They always get weird when it comes to technology upfits, even in the dealer. I apologize for the uncertainty, though, I don't sell as many commercial vehicles as I do Jeeps, Dodge or RAM 1500's. At any rate, I hope this helps. Remember to always look at either your window sticker or ask for a digital copy of one printed out to confirm any equipment that you are questioning. The sticker don't lie . It'll list not only optional equipment, but standard as well (on the left hand side). Keep an eye out for options that "deletes" standard equipment or a package that deletes it.

Again, I hope this help. Feel free to ask any other FCA related questions and I thank you, sir, for your service.
w6pea likes this.

post #38 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 AM
w6pea

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguesswho View Post
Monthly vehicle health report? Very weird, indeed. Never heard of it. The rest of the letter you quoted seems to be from UConnect Access (now called Uconnect+SIRIUS Guardian) which is like FCA's version of OnStar : Assist, remote lock and unlock as well as remote start from anywhere in the world. If it's from UConnect, then it's an offer for a yearly subscription. They are a Chrysler company, so no scam there.
If it's from the dealer, then it's probably some crap they drummed up to get money. My dealer does this too with something called ZuricShield, which is an ecofriendly spray applied to the vehicle that protects against weather induced fading. We do it for free for one year but you can purchase additional protection through us. It gets their name out there and gives us something cool to give away for free but we don't send offers in the mail about that, though I do know some less than reputable places may attempt to solicit services.

They SHOULD have been standard on the Laramie Longhorn, but 2500's can get tricky. I want to say that the 2500 Laramie may have it as standard equipment or as part of a technology package, but I would think it is at the very least available. I do doubt, however, that the dealer could install that system as it utilizes various sensors and I'm fairly sure the factory wants no one doing that kind of up fit. They always get weird when it comes to technology upfits, even in the dealer. I apologize for the uncertainty, though, I don't sell as many commercial vehicles as I do Jeeps, Dodge or RAM 1500's. At any rate, I hope this helps. Remember to always look at either your window sticker or ask for a digital copy of one printed out to confirm any equipment that you are questioning. The sticker don't lie . It'll list not only optional equipment, but standard as well (on the left hand side). Keep an eye out for options that "deletes" standard equipment or a package that deletes it.

Again, I hope this help. Feel free to ask any other FCA related questions and I thank you, sir, for your service.
Thank You for your reply. The Monthly Vehicle Health report is part of Owner connect or so I am told.

."Semper Fi"

2019 JGC 5.7L Hemi
post #39 of 62 Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 PM
cdenecke
2016 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguesswho
Don't concentrate too much on the trailhawk designation. Trailed rated (to answer your previous question) does have to do with ground clearance as well as the ability to water ford to a certain degree, but keep in mind Qudra-Drive II as well as the Quadra-Lift system can absolutely assist in most normal off road situations. There are plenty of guys who do serious off roading here on the forums, but let be honest - the vast majority of us aren't traversing mountains or crossing the rubicon. My point is find a truck that works within your budget and one you fall in love with. If you're lucky, they'll be one in the same. A trailhawk isn't going to necessarily be a very rough ride, but it's all about how you feel about the way it handles vs your other options. When you get closer to the time when you're going to buy then I recommend you go out and drive everything you can. Hell, if you live in NY you can stop by over here and I'd be more than happy to show you a few. Your key to buying the perfect Jeep for you is a serious evaluation of both your driving preferences as well as finding a patient, knowledgeable salesman. Good luck, man. I'm sure it'll work out. Just don't let anyone steer you in any direction you weren't considering before.
Thanks again. Has there been any updates on the diesel situation?

Chuck Denecke
2016 JGC Diesel Summit
post #40 of 62 Old 01-06-2017, 08:06 AM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguesswho View Post
Ask me anything, ask away : Whatever I have, I'll be more than happy to help.
Will Trump still be our president in a year.

What will the Stock market level be at in 6 months.

Who will win the super bowl in a couple of weeks.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #41 of 62 Old 01-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Wrangeln

You already answered part of my question on the quick order codes earlier in this topic. I'm picking a up a '17 Hard Rock soon and have two quick order related questions.

Is there any other difference between a 23j and 24j or is it just transmission?

Assuming above answer is a trans only, what options/packages are standard to the 23/24j?

I did a bit of searching and must not have used the right key words to fond the breakdown I was looking for. I see some dealers listing stuff on their postings but wasn't sure if other options might have been added as well and don't want to assume.

Third unrelated question, any resources you would recommend for finding dealer inventory online, either app or web?

Thank you in advance for any info!

Last edited by Wrangeln; 01-07-2017 at 04:50 PM.
post #42 of 62 Old 01-08-2017, 05:33 AM
commanding2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post

Does it matter? Wake up... They're all corrupt. Puppets... Nothing more.

Who cares? It's all fake anyway. The US Dollar is worthless and the American Dream is just that. A Dream.

Homer Pick -- Falcons
Actual Pick -- Cheatriots
Ricsan likes this.
post #43 of 62 Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangeln View Post
You already answered part of my question on the quick order codes earlier in this topic. I'm picking a up a '17 Hard Rock soon and have two quick order related questions.

Is there any other difference between a 23j and 24j or is it just transmission?

Assuming above answer is a trans only, what options/packages are standard to the 23/24j?

I did a bit of searching and must not have used the right key words to fond the breakdown I was looking for. I see some dealers listing stuff on their postings but wasn't sure if other options might have been added as well and don't want to assume.

Third unrelated question, any resources you would recommend for finding dealer inventory online, either app or web?

Thank you in advance for any info!
Great questions. We'll start off by answering yes, the only difference between a 23J and a 24J would be the transmission. 23=6 spd 24=5 spd auto (ON WRANGLERS ONLY, I.E. a 23H is a Grand Cherokee Limited, auto).

Next, we'll talk about standard equipment. So, on a hard rock, we get 4.1 Roc-Trac 4X4, leather, rock rails by MOPAR, skid plates, 22.5 gallon fuel tank, power convenience group, security alarm, 17" black wheels, steel front and rear bumpers, tow hooks, connectivity group w/ blue tooth, alpine 9 speaker system, red tow hooks, Power Dome hood with cool decals, Jeep Trail Rated kit (little off road emergency kit, NBD), heated front seats, all weather mats and of course the premium sunrider soft top as opposed to the conventional soft top. Equipment wise, we get the 3.73 gearing and Dana 44 Heavy Duty front and rear axles. Everything else would be optional, but you'll more than likely find them with navigation, remote start, dual tops, ect.

Lastly, to be blunt, there really is no golden inventory to look through. Jeep.com has a locator feature and your local dealer will have their inventory online, as well. There are problems with both of them, however. Jeeps inventory is based on what each dealer is "reporting" as an in stock unit and these lists can be at least 5 days old. 5 days doesn't seem like much, but think about a dealership that sells 15-30 cars a day - it makes for a real inventory mess, especially since wrangler 4 doors are so hard to keep in inventory these days. Same goes for a dealers website, but for different reasons. We usually have independent companies running out websites or a different department at least. With that being said, it doesn't matter what needs to be reported or not, it simply isn't realistic to assume they can update that inventory real time. Plus, in a world of broken deposits and "hold that for me", no car is really sold until it's burning gas, out the parking lot. Also, think of the benefit of a dealer not removing stock from their inventory - it makes it appear as if they have a much bigger inventory than they really do. They might just even post a unit as "IN TRANSIT" even though it was a factory order for another customer.

Anyway, hope that helps.

post #44 of 62 Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commanding2016 View Post
Does it matter? Wake up... They're all corrupt. Puppets... Nothing more.

Who cares? It's all fake anyway. The US Dollar is worthless and the American Dream is just that. A Dream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII9NZ8MMVM

Homer Pick -- Falcons
Actual Pick -- Cheatriots
Really? We really have these "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!" people over here? lol I'm not going to get political on here, but I'm very familiar with your cartoon and lets face it; it's probably one of the more anti-Zionist, antisemitic videos out there. Didn't Hitler also have something against evil jewish bankers bend on world domination, apparently?

BTW : "I killed the banks!" - Deff. not Andrew Jackson's last words

post #45 of 62 Old 01-11-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post

1. Probably.

2. I have no *&$^!ng idea. Like, if I was that smart, I probably wouldn't be a salesman at a Jeep store, would I? I'd probably be like...i don't know, a very wealthy stock broker...or a Tony Stark or something. It would probably give my world a whole new meaning.

3. The Montreal Expo's

You're really taking advantage of that whole "Ask me anything" bit, aren't you?

Tags
compass , jeep , jk , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in