I work for the busiest Jeep store in the world - ask me anything - JeepForum.com
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 Old 12-10-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

I work for the busiest Jeep store in the world - ask me anything

Hello my Jeep people - I'm a newbie here but wish to lay upon your alter an awesome insider perspective (sort of?). I work as a salesman for Westbury Jeep CDR - THE largest volume Jeep store in North America as of current. Though I'm sure a lot of you guys have many, many years of experience over me, I'm hoping maybe there are questions you guys have about the newer product line up that I can answer, from either a sales perspective or a product knowledge one. Ask me anything, ask away : Whatever I have, I'll be more than happy to help.

Ridem32 and AgileHumor like this.

Keith G. - Westbury Jeep Sales Associate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Highway 4x4
2014 JK Wrangler 

Welcome,. Not to de-rail the thread but there is news that Polaris plans to purchase 4 Wheel Parts. That is another jeep parts place.

2014 JKUR, white, off road bumpers, winch, TF 3 inch lift, AEV rims& Toyo 295 RT's, Leather, Nav,
post #3 of 62 Old 12-13-2016, 02:37 PM
epoch
2017 WK 

What are these new farewell editions I keep hearing about like the Freedom Sport, and Winter Sahara?

Anything that will slot in above the Rubicon HR in terms of off-road prowess? Will be buying in roughly 2-3 months.

(After the christmas scramble wears off.)
nyguesswho likes this.

post #4 of 62 Old 12-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Highway 4x4
2014 JK Wrangler 

There is a new Rincon on the way. I will be looking in Feb-March also but have scaled back my off road requirements in the face of my reality of use.
nyguesswho likes this.

2014 JKUR, white, off road bumpers, winch, TF 3 inch lift, AEV rims& Toyo 295 RT's, Leather, Nav,
post #5 of 62 Old 12-14-2016, 10:54 PM
AgileHumor

Why wont the factory let me order half doors and heated seats on a 2017 jk 2 dr?

It says it should on website and brochure...but factory kicks back. Is there a reason?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
nyguesswho likes this.
post #6 of 62 Old 12-16-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoch View Post
What are these new farewell editions I keep hearing about like the Freedom Sport, and Winter Sahara?

Anything that will slot in above the Rubicon HR in terms of off-road prowess? Will be buying in roughly 2-3 months.

(After the christmas scramble wears off.)
Winter Sahara is a really weird package, mostly cosmetic actually. No "SAHARA" decals, badges and remaining decals are black (similar to a MOPAR black out package) as well as black fuel door, black rear light covers, ect. Adds anti-spin rear end, remote start, 17" Sport rims (you guessed it - blacked out) Winch capable front heavy duty bumper, heavy duty rear bumper, rock rails, connectivity group, 9 speaker alpine, delete soft top, black 3 piece freedom hard top, deletes tow hooks, MOPAR slush mats and had that leather trimmed seat with the sport mesh cloth in the middle.

Freedom edition, which comes and goes, is the Oscar Mike yet again. Freedom edition decals, granite colored badges, 18" rims, power convenience group, connectivity group, soft top, security alarm, tubular side steps, Oscar Mike badge, 115 V power outlet, body colored fenders, ect.

They are both kinda like "What if we could give a sahara some sport options?" and vice versa. Think of them as Sport/Sahara hybrids.

To answer your last question, there was something for 2016 called a Red Rock Edition. had 4.10 gears along with a crazy list of other goodies. We actually have ONE out of the 50 that were ever made still here. We put a MOPAR Red Rock kit on there also, totals out at a whopping $82,995 but has since been discounted $13k. Still sitting here, waiting, lol.

We also have Rocky Ridge up fits that have full factory warranty. They come with HD front and rear bumpers and a winch (as well as the red rock), 3-3 1/2" lift, 32" tires, LED lighting kits (they're insane, BTW) and custom Rocky Ridge side steps and read light covers. They retail @ $60-$75K

Anyway if you live in the tri state area (NY, NJ, CT) please feel free to PM me once the christmas rabble is over

post #7 of 62 Old 12-16-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
There is a new Rincon on the way. I will be looking in Feb-March also but have scaled back my off road requirements in the face of my reality of use.
Yeah, I get it. We have these Rocky Ridge Wrangler Unlimited models that go for $60-75k that people buy up all the time because honestly, paying someone to build it up anyway is about as costly and you get your full warranty with these builds. Also, not everyone wants to hack apart their brand new car themselves and potentially void warranty. Get into a sport imho. If it's your daily driver, why not? All JK's are trail rated, as I'm sure you know and believe me, in this world of crossovers, that still means something. There are about a billion videos out there of guys taking crazy trails with a stock Sport S that 20 something year old builds can't cope with. (Waiting for the comments about that sentence to blow up - just google it before hating me XD)

post #8 of 62 Old 12-16-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgileHumor View Post
Why wont the factory let me order half doors and heated seats on a 2017 jk 2 dr?

It says it should on website and brochure...but factory kicks back. Is there a reason?

You have to be more specific for me to answer you. Which Sport package are we talking about? 23S, 24S, 24C, ect?
galley likes this.

post #9 of 62 Old 12-16-2016, 09:37 PM
AgileHumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguesswho View Post
You have to be more specific for me to answer you. Which Sport package are we talking about? 23S, 24S, 24C, ect?
23s or 24s. When ordered, factory will kick back an error.

Must be frustrating to have a system where FCA makes changes without documenting their website, systems, or customers buying process if they say something is available (premium sound and leather + half doors) and tell the customer its not available.

post #10 of 62 Old 12-17-2016, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgileHumor View Post
23s or 24s. When ordered, factory will kick back an error.

Must be frustrating to have a system where FCA makes changes without documenting their website, systems, or customers buying process if they say something is available (premium sound and leather + half doors) and tell the customer its not available.

I just tried to "order" a mock JKJL72 with a 24S package from Chryslers dealer site and it seems to be letting me do it with no problem. Not sure what you mean the factory will "kick back" an error? Do you work for a dealership? If so, your manager should have been given an explanation for the denial. If not, then your salesman should be able to do the same. Sounds more like someone screwed up and is blaming the system

Keep in mind EVERYTHING is on restriction right now and NOTHING can be ordered at the moment, reason being the UAW gets 2 full weeks off for Christmas and all so the factory won't entertain a build until after the holidays. You are going to have to submit the order after New Years Day, I believe. Then see what the factory says. Right now, this allocation is officially over and the next allocation will resume in about 2 - 3 weeks.

And yes, to answer your question, it very well could be a mid year shift away from these options and yes, it is very, very frustrating when this happens. FCA isn't the very best when it comes to business logic, but hey, what do I know?

post #11 of 62 Old 12-19-2016, 07:45 PM
cdenecke
2016 WK 

Garage
I have been eyeing up a new GC for some time. I drive 25-30K miles per year and I am interested in the diesel. I would tow once in awhile and load things like bikes, boats etc. on top. I looked at the 2016 and 2017 models but not sure exactly how to configure what I want. The online tool from jeep is OK but the options I read about are extensive. Trailhawk, Limited 75th anniversary, Overland - how can I get down to the differences? I took a few trips to a local dealership but the sales guys were not helpful. I want a comfortable ride due to the miles I drive, I would like a cool look, and I would like to retain some off road capabilities. Questions: It seems that you get 20" you don't get skid plates. I want dark wheels but they are only available option is the 75th anniversary edition - is tat true? And now I am hearing that 2018 may bring some significant changes.
post #12 of 62 Old 12-20-2016, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenecke View Post
I have been eyeing up a new GC for some time. I drive 25-30K miles per year and I am interested in the diesel. I would tow once in awhile and load things like bikes, boats etc. on top. I looked at the 2016 and 2017 models but not sure exactly how to configure what I want. The online tool from jeep is OK but the options I read about are extensive. Trailhawk, Limited 75th anniversary, Overland - how can I get down to the differences? I took a few trips to a local dealership but the sales guys were not helpful. I want a comfortable ride due to the miles I drive, I would like a cool look, and I would like to retain some off road capabilities. Questions: It seems that you get 20" you don't get skid plates. I want dark wheels but they are only available option is the 75th anniversary edition - is tat true? And now I am hearing that 2018 may bring some significant changes.
Alright, so I'll break this down by each trim level, hopefully this'll help :

Trailhawk : This is Jeeps answer to our off road ready 4X4 Mid to full sized SUVs of yester-year. What you get here is the Quadra-Drive II 4X4 system, which also utilizes the Quadra-Trac II system found on the Grand Cherokee Limited. You'll get a decent amount of options standard such as the 9 speaker audio system, a special "Trailhawk" leather trim, remote start, heated and ventilated front seats, back up camera and the Quadra-Lift air suspension system, which is really cool for the adjustable ride height. It's almost like an overland, but with the decals, red tow hooks and a flair for the dramatic. You also get unique "off road" 18" rims. MSRP for Trailhawk qwith GPS, Blind spot and Power Roof will run ya $46,130 (MSRP excluding incentives, of course) with the 3.6L V6.

Limited 75th anniversary edition : It's a limited with an appearance package, essentially. Quadra-Trac II 4X$ system (no Quadra-Lift), leather, heated seats, heated wheel, Uconnect 8.4 touch screen radio, those 20" rim you were talking about as well as a basic set of special 75th edition badges (SINCE 1941) and bronze stitching. You can opt for a 75th anniversary luxury group which gives you Panoramic roof, power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, LED running lights, LED fog lights, Ventilated seats, HID head lamps, 9 speaker 506 watt sound system and rain sense wipers. With that package I just described included as well as navigation will run you $47,150 MSRP, again, excluding any incentives you qualify for. Thats for a 3.6L pentastar.

Summit : Top of the line as far as luxury is concerned. Basically everything I mentioned above, Quadra-Drive II and Quadra-Lift, NAV standard, ect. What you also get as standard, not included in other trims would be Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop (can pre set distance to keep from car ahead of you, brake in emergency and can be resumed from a complete stop as long as traffic is moving, automatically), Lane departure warning (will mitigate when your vehicle unexpectedly crossed over a lane without a signal on and without specific driver input) and the very, very cool Parallel and perpendicular park assist (where the car kind of parks itself, provided you control the pedals and shifter. You also get this unique wood trim interior. You can see these guys with a V8 Hemi or diesel close to $60,000 MSRP.

Notice I didn't really give much info about this diesel because...well, this is the US and no one really stocks many of them. The eco diesel is not that popular here, in the North East at least. The fuel economy is great, but keep in mind they are very front heavy and you will notice a difference in handling vs the gas engine options. I recommend you drive both set ups before you commit to the diesel. The PentaStar 3.6L V6 is an amazing base motor in its own right : it's plenty powerful and not to shabby in the fuel economy department. If you do deicide to opt for the low octane, keep in mind you're probably going to have to factory order one with an expected 6-10 week turn over depending where you live.

As far as the skid plates are concerned, I believe the only set up that gets them would be the trailhawk. I never noticed them listed on a build sheet before.

It really boils down to what you can afford and what you're doing with it. They are all fairly comparable trims but you need to decide if you need something fairly practical with luxury (Limited), something flashy with a bit more off road kick (Trailhawk) or fully lux'd out (Summit).

I hope all that help out a bit, if you want a little more info on the trim levels, check out edmunds.com. They have very, albeit heavily biased, comprehensive reviews that will list all the trims and options fairly straight forward. Good luck to you and if you have any more questions that I may help with, feel free to PM me.

post #13 of 62 Old 12-20-2016, 02:24 PM
epoch
2017 WK 

When we were buying our 2017 Overland 4x4, one of the salesmen stated in his up-sell speech that the Summit version included "acoustic laminate glass" and other soundproofing items (as well as upgraded seat foam).

Long story, short: We couldn't really tell the difference, and preferred the light colored leather with the piping over the full tilt "basketball look" leather.

My question is: Does the Summit really have a different type of glass compared to the Overland?
post #14 of 62 Old 12-20-2016, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
nyguesswho
2016 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epoch View Post
When we were buying our 2017 Overland 4x4, one of the salesmen stated in his up-sell speech that the Summit version included "acoustic laminate glass" and other soundproofing items (as well as upgraded seat foam).

Long story, short: We couldn't really tell the difference, and preferred the light colored leather with the piping over the full tilt "basketball look" leather.

My question is: Does the Summit really have a different type of glass compared to the Overland?
Yes, believe it or not lol. A fair amount of sound damping equipment.

post #15 of 62 Old 12-20-2016, 04:41 PM
w6pea

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdenecke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguesswho View Post
Alright, so I'll break this down by each trim level, hopefully this'll help :

Trailhawk : This is Jeeps answer to our off road ready 4X4 Mid to full sized SUVs of yester-year. What you get here is the Quadra-Drive II 4X4 system, which also utilizes the Quadra-Trac II system found on the Grand Cherokee Limited. You'll get a decent amount of options standard such as the 9 speaker audio system, a special "Trailhawk" leather trim, remote start, heated and ventilated front seats, back up camera and the Quadra-Lift air suspension system, which is really cool for the adjustable ride height. It's almost like an overland, but with the decals, red tow hooks and a flair for the dramatic. You also get unique "off road" 18" rims. MSRP for Trailhawk qwith GPS, Blind spot and Power Roof will run ya $46,130 (MSRP excluding incentives, of course) with the 3.6L V6.

Limited 75th anniversary edition : It's a limited with an appearance package, essentially. Quadra-Trac II 4X$ system (no Quadra-Lift), leather, heated seats, heated wheel, Uconnect 8.4 touch screen radio, those 20" rim you were talking about as well as a basic set of special 75th edition badges (SINCE 1941) and bronze stitching. You can opt for a 75th anniversary luxury group which gives you Panoramic roof, power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, LED running lights, LED fog lights, Ventilated seats, HID head lamps, 9 speaker 506 watt sound system and rain sense wipers. With that package I just described included as well as navigation will run you $47,150 MSRP, again, excluding any incentives you qualify for. Thats for a 3.6L pentastar.

Summit : Top of the line as far as luxury is concerned. Basically everything I mentioned above, Quadra-Drive II and Quadra-Lift, NAV standard, ect. What you also get as standard, not included in other trims would be Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop (can pre set distance to keep from car ahead of you, brake in emergency and can be resumed from a complete stop as long as traffic is moving, automatically), Lane departure warning (will mitigate when your vehicle unexpectedly crossed over a lane without a signal on and without specific driver input) and the very, very cool Parallel and perpendicular park assist (where the car kind of parks itself, provided you control the pedals and shifter. You also get this unique wood trim interior. You can see these guys with a V8 Hemi or diesel close to $60,000 MSRP.

Notice I didn't really give much info about this diesel because...well, this is the US and no one really stocks many of them. The eco diesel is not that popular here, in the North East at least. The fuel economy is great, but keep in mind they are very front heavy and you will notice a difference in handling vs the gas engine options. I recommend you drive both set ups before you commit to the diesel. The PentaStar 3.6L V6 is an amazing base motor in its own right : it's plenty powerful and not to shabby in the fuel economy department. If you do deicide to opt for the low octane, keep in mind you're probably going to have to factory order one with an expected 6-10 week turn over depending where you live.

As far as the skid plates are concerned, I believe the only set up that gets them would be the trailhawk. I never noticed them listed on a build sheet before.

It really boils down to what you can afford and what you're doing with it. They are all fairly comparable trims but you need to decide if you need something fairly practical with luxury (Limited), something flashy with a bit more off road kick (Trailhawk) or fully lux'd out (Summit).

I hope all that help out a bit, if you want a little more info on the trim levels, check out edmunds.com. They have very, albeit heavily biased, comprehensive reviews that will list all the trims and options fairly straight forward. Good luck to you and if you have any more questions that I may help with, feel free to PM me.
I read what both of you wrote and now I'm really confused We purchased a 2016 JGC Overland High Altitude. This Jeep does almost every thing. So what is the difference between the Summit and the Overland?

"Without Trucks & Truck Driver's America Stops!"
"There's too much Blood in my Caffeine System"
."Semper Fi"
"Once A Marine Always A Marine"

2019 JGC 5.7L Hemi

Tags
compass , jeep , jk , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in