high-mileage jeeps...just to haul bikes. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
SoCal_HEMIHead
2008 JK Wrangler 

I read once that California has 10% of the WORLD's population of cars. That means just one state has more than any country.

My Jeep is actually from Ohio. I drove it out here several years ago when I moved. I've been thinking a lot about what to do with it when I finally do purchase the new Wrangler Unlimited. I wanted to make it a trail rig, but I'll spend more in parts than the vehicle is worth. Thought about keeping the 4.0 engine for a swap in an old Willys. It's been such a great truck... just keeps on ticking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
revitupwio

Good to hear yet another report of one being strong, SCHH. The guy told me that the passenger window won't roll down, but he doesn't have the time/money to have it fixed. That doesn't bother me too much since it won't be a daily driver at all, & I think I could knock off another hundred or so because of it.
post #18 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revitupwio
Good to hear yet another report of one being strong, SCHH. The guy told me that the passenger window won't roll down, but he doesn't have the time/money to have it fixed. That doesn't bother me too much since it won't be a daily driver at all, & I think I could knock off another hundred or so because of it.
ya and most likely its either a loose connection or a bad switch which can be fixed relatively inexpensively.

-Kyle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's Not Just a Jeep, It's a Lifestyle

post #19 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
revitupwio

Yeah buddy...it was a POS - too much stuff to list now (at work). On with the search *sigh*
post #20 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

ya with the price and the lack of description i kind of guessed that. well keep looking, along with the GC you may also want to consider the XJ cherokee, you will find these very inexpensively and they can take a beating.

-Kyle

It's Not Just a Jeep, It's a Lifestyle
post #21 of 21 Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

just some food for thought, a grand cherokee 6cyl gets same gas milage as grand cherokee 8cyl, and the 8 has alot more power
but yeah just keep looing a good deal will pop up eventually, give it time dont rush into junk, i had a grand cherokee v8 with 211K miles on it and it didnt knock or tick and drove great, except it had some crappy alarm problems that would randomly go off when unlocking door

2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers, 8k warn, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in