Help buying jeep - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cranbiz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-26-2021, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Eric3536

Help buying jeep

I’m looking to spend under 20,000 for a jeep but I’m having some problems. The 2005 limited has a 5.7 engine same as the 2012 overland/summit etc. but there sooo slow compared to the previous gen. The newer limited feel the same or faster but the overland orange interior really has me watching the overland or summit, then u have the 2008 srt, which are faster then the newer srt up until 2018, kinda odd how the speeds change so drastically

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-26-2021, 01:43 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

$20K, Jeep and fast don't compute.

You want a fast Jeep, you need deep pockets.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 7 Old 04-26-2021, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Eric3536

Iv found a bunch of 2016 and older limited grand cherokees for under 20k lol... my question was why is a 2014 overland so much slower then the limited when they have the same engine, and a 2006 srt8 is faster then a 2015 srt8. The orange/cream interior alone is not worth going from 0-60 in 6.5(limited) to 7.4(overland) I want to switch up from my charger and I know it’s going to be slower obviously but 7.4.... ughh

post #4 of 7 Old 04-26-2021, 08:09 PM
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

I really don't understand from where you're coming.

I mean for starters the WK isn't the same as the WK2, though I'm not sure all the differences you can research that if it matters. I mean an Overland is more luxurious than a Limited. Maybe it's heavier with more options.

Maybe it's gearing, or emissions, or bad data, or something else. I don't know, but really looking at 0-60 times in any Jeep other than an SRT (or the new 392 Wrangler) seems pointless.

Have fun but maybe you don't want a Jeep really.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded
post #5 of 7 Old 04-26-2021, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Eric3536

I like the interior of the overland, just wondering if anyone has driven one that can say otherwise? Just trying to understand why the overland is so much slower, does sport mode change drastically? Just don’t want a slow suv, 0-60 6.5 is fine with me for a suv, not 7.4. And what are the benefits of overland vs overland summit? Planning on making a purchase soon, New to jeeps, thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 04-27-2021, 08:44 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

The Overland is heavier than the Limited. I have a WK2 Trailhawk, which is a heavily optioned Limited and yes, it's also a bit heavier. My friend had an WK2 Overland and that was definitely heavier than my Trailhawk.

The Overland is the "Luxury" version and the Summit is the "Ultimate" version of Grand Cherokee's. More creature comforts in a Summit than an Overland. The Overland has more creature comforts than a Trailhawk and a Trailhawk has more than a Limited. Many of those are fancy electronics, which I'm not comfortable with. I specifically avoided a bunch of those when I bought Momma's Trailhawk, which made it harder to find on a lot. I don't want them, I don't need them and don't need the repair bill if one of those fancy modules dies. However, others want Auto dimming lights, rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise control, panoramic sun roof, etc. I don't.

I'm not timing a 0-60 with Momma's Trailhawk but even with the 3.6L, it has plenty of gonads and easily gets out of it's own way.
Kev M likes this.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #7 of 7 Old 06-09-2021, 08:23 PM
WkJeep007

Hi there buddy. $14,500 I can sell you my 2006 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 L with the hemi. 72000 miles brand new transmission and brand new transfer case installed at 69,000 miles from the dealership. Brand new rims brand new matching rim spare tire.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in