Golden eagle - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Arc1307

Golden eagle

Hi there, leftover from 2018 wrangler Golden Eagle package for $34k is this a good price? Brand new to wrangler here. Never had any suv, please advise

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-17-2019, 06:23 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

You're getting the last run 2018 anniversary salute/send off to the JK model wrangler. The price isn't bad considering our 2017 unlimited sport listed a little over 31K

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry
post #3 of 5 Old 04-17-2019, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Arc1307

Do you recommend any light mods for that truck? What's the best place for buying accessories for this?

post #4 of 5 Old 04-17-2019, 07:47 AM
RubiconFreedom

2017 JK Wrangler 

There's no such thing as "light" modifications to any jeep. If you're viewing the Golden Eagle as a collector jeep, then I would leave it alone and not do anything to it. However, in our case we went into this knowing that we wanted a better suspension from the start. A basic hard 1.5 lift would be suitable. The hard lift consists of upgraded coil springs and upgraded shocks just as we did.

One may have to add a few small items in order to accommodate for the amount of lift. for instance anything above 2.0 inches would stress the brake lines when the jeep is off the ground. We added a brake line relocation bracket to make up for this difference. Then there's the options to upgrade the steering system as jeep and other automakers are known to use plastic/nylon bushings in their ball joints as we found out first hand over the weekend. We've had to replace the Drag Link, Tie Rod, Steering Damper & both sway bar end links. Again all this was in the first 2 years of ownership.

One thing you need to address is how long will jeep honor the power train warranty, which is 3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/100,000 mi unless otherwise noted. other wise I do not nor have I seen any other issues with our current Wrangler.. all things considered. If you go for the Golden Eagle, you're looking at a last run jeep wrangler JK model and one should approach this jeep as so.

Semi-Retired Sr. Mechanical Assembler & Sr. Quality Assurance Inspector for Aerospace Industry

Last edited by RubiconFreedom; 04-17-2019 at 08:02 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-21-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Arc1307

What do you guys recommend for upgrading the headlight? It came with halogen bulb setup. I'll mostly drive on the street. Also where should I buy the mean grill from? And for the tail light, can I change them with the 2019 model?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in