EZJEEPS Reviews? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 06-27-2014, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
gwozniakusn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

EZJEEPS Reviews?

Hey jeep people. im looking to buy my first jeep. I live in central florida and theres a guy down here (EZJEEPS.com) that rebuilds the and sells them. does anyone have any feedback or experience with them? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-27-2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
gwozniakusn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

in case youre interested, im looking for any kind of wrangler or CJ
post #3 of 21 Old 09-30-2014, 12:57 AM
BigBurls

ME too..What did you decide?

Thanks, Burley

post #4 of 21 Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

From the Net...

He simply buys people rigs off craigslist, puts under body paint on them, and sells them...

In other words, buy from EZJEEPS just like you would buy any used Jeep on Craigslist. Inspect for rust, keep away from lifts
and modifications, etc.
post #5 of 21 Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 AM
BigBurls

I was disappointed as I thought EZJEEPS completely restored them top to bottom. They are very nice but I agree they buy low put as little into them as possible and flip them like on TV Show wheeler dealers.

So you say not to buy an already lifted or modified jeep on Craigslist?

I have a friend that can take me to auction to buy one? Is that crazy?
post #6 of 21 Old 12-16-2014, 07:14 PM
turbomac

I should have ran as fast and as far away from EZJEEPS as possible!
I took delivery of a 1979 CJ7 last Thursday 12-11-14. I understand the vehicle is 35 years old and would not be perfect. They totally misrepresented this vehicle. It is unsafe, illegal and not roadworthy.
The new paint job is nothing but blemishes, chips and poor coverage - the original color of the jeep shows through. I could have done a better job with a can of spray paint. The people assured me that the mechanicals and electronics would be checked and fixed. Well, when it came off the transport the lights did not work correctly. Turn the left signal on and you got hazards. Hit the brakes and you had nothing. There was no rear view mirror! The exhaust ended somewhere in the center of the jeep and of course the drain plugs were missing. The fumes were horrible. The jeep I put a deposit on had chrome bumpers, hubs and side bars - these were also missing. I wanted a hard top and doors - well neither fit correctly leaving large gaps between the windshield and door. I got 1 key for the ignition and nothing to lock the doors. The gauges do not work and 1 actually hangs down under the dash. I drove it about 15 miles when I saw milky white oil pouring out of the front seal. Of course, I got the "you bought it, its your problem" from EZJEEPS. Took it to my mechanic thinking I could fix it and all will be fine. Well, turns out the rear axle is bent, the frame is rotted (they welded steel on rust trying to patch it) and the engine is shot - no compression. It will be over $8000 in parts alone to get this thing on the road. I am a women in my 50s. I had a Golden Eagle years ago and know how a jeep is supposed to ride and feel. Why would somebody take such advantage of me.
post #7 of 21 Old 12-17-2014, 09:32 PM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Assuming you are being truthful (you have no history on this forum yet) then demand every bit of your money back and if that doesnít work go through the court system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2011-2016)
post #8 of 21 Old 12-21-2014, 09:27 PM
turbomac

I am being truthful. I am sick over this whole disaster. I have photos of the before and after as well as photos of the bent axle and frame. We picked the jeep up from the mechanic who evaluated it, got it home and now it doesn't start. The thing doesn't even have the "P, D, N, R" gear indicators on the steering column. This is way too complicated to make up. I have contacted an attorney. Problem is the "As Is".
I truly appreciate this forum. It gives me a place to vent and maybe stop somebody from making a very expensive mistake.
post #9 of 21 Old 12-22-2014, 06:31 AM
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Don't forget to get the BBB involved in this also.

Next time you will know what to do.

Sorry you had the problem, but the world is full of sneaks, liars and thieves.
post #10 of 21 Old 12-22-2014, 08:03 AM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Did you buy it sight unseen? If so you shouldnít have much of a problem getting your money back because they defrauded (not sure if itís thatís the right word) you, or something like that. Damm now Iím pissed and itís not even my vehicle, wish you luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2011-2016)
post #11 of 21 Old 12-22-2014, 02:42 PM
GS430
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is yours the yellow '79 they have listed on their site as "sold"? I hope you can get this resolved, I can't imagine how angry I would be.
post #12 of 21 Old 12-23-2014, 09:22 AM
turbomac

Yes it is the yellow 79 marked sold.
The original jeep we bought was a black Renegade with chrome bumper, side bars and hubs. I wanted it yellow just to brighten the dreary Chicago winters. We were going to put the decals back on it in the spring. We were supposed to get it in 4 weeks. We got it in 8 weeks due to "mechanical" issues. He told us he would not let the jeep go until it was in good working order. After all, his reputation depended on what he sells. I gotta laugh at that right now.
I did contact the BBB as well as the Consumer Protection Agency. The BBB gave my complaint a case number and contacted the business owner. He has until January 1 to respond. I am told I need a lawyer in Florida.
post #13 of 21 Old 01-01-2015, 03:58 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

^^^EZ Jeeps, is that you???

Hoss

I'd rather be a few peoples shot of whiskey than everyones cup of tea...
post #14 of 21 Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 PM
letchcore
1983 CJ7 

Oldest trick in the book. Slap a bunch of new paint and undercoating on a jeep and people that don't know old jeeps buy thinking they got a restored jeep.

83' CJ7 "Strokie" Patriot blue, 4.6L, NSG370, D300, 4.56 gears, ARB's, Warn FF kit, OME Springs, 35in Kevlars.
83' CJ8 GM Torch red. 2.5in SkyJacker lift. Very stock.
83' CJ7 Slate Blue Met. 49k miles
04 Wrangler Rubicon. Stock
post #15 of 21 Old 01-02-2015, 12:13 PM
77cj52009
1985 CJ7 

Any updates on this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in