2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kruzin
  • 1 Post By HAZCAT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-19-2018, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Webslinger

Garage
Enterprise Sales? (LRAC)

Has anyone every bought from Enterprise Sales? And if so, how is their extended warranty?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-19-2018, 05:09 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Regardless of any 'extended warranty', I would never buy an Enterprise car. No matter how well they clean it up, it's still a used rental car. Dozens to hundreds of people who didn't care about it have beat on that car. It's been used and abused hard, and you have no way of knowing what all is really wrong with it or what's been repaired in the past.
Kev M likes this.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 7 Old 11-19-2018, 10:05 AM
GrumpySmiles
2011 WK 

I have not personally bought a car through them, but a coworker friend of mine has. They were very pleased with the transaction, and never had any problems with the vehicle. It was a Toyota, either a Camry or Avalon. Like any used vehicle you just have to inspect it and do your homework on it.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-19-2018, 10:30 AM
Randglerjk

My 2010 was originally a rental car out of Utah. I am its third owner and got it with 54k miles. Besides the minor daily wear signs and the front bumper not being original, its been a very reliable car. Mine has the v6 3.6l engine with auto transmission. Jku sport.4door.

No idea about what rental agency it was on or its history but i got it from a dealer without any extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 Old 11-19-2018, 10:30 AM
HAZCAT

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
Has anyone every bought from Enterprise Sales? And if so, how is their extended warranty?
I spent 17 years in the car business and though you can find good ones and bad ones no matter where you buy a used vehicle, Enterprise and other rental companies are not usually as cheap as a dealer or individual. When I ran a GM dealership I looked at buying from Enterprise instead of going to the factory sale to buy off lease vehicles since they were right down the street and they were retail prices even for the dealer. And most of what I looked at I was selling cheaper on my lot even after running through service and addressing any issues.

In addition, they can fix things and body damage and it not show up on the Carfax so keep that in mind as well. Doesn't mean it won't show up but it is very possible not to show on Carfax. From the Latin "Caveat Emptor" = let the buyer beware...
Kev M likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-16-2019, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Webslinger

Garage
Thanks everyone. I got my 2017 GC with 44Kmi about $6k less than any other dealer new or used, and I shopped around wide & long. 10 months & 10Kmi later, no issues. Im happy.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-16-2019, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Webslinger

Garage
Only part of the deal I didnt like was the Enterprise Ext Warranty at $2100 supposed to cover 8000 parts.
I had asked repeatedly if they could send me a list of the parts, they say the dont have one?

(so how does a shop enter a claim?)

I was able to buy the Mopar lifetime warranty, so I might ditch the Enterprise warranty for a refund which is a feature they agreed on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in