Considering A Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
roesler723

Considering A Grand Cherokee

Hey everyone, brand new to the forum and still doing plenty of research. To keep it short, I have always been drawn to the refreshed GC's from 2014+ and am contemplating purchasing one in the near future as my 08 Civic doesn't feel as strong as I want at this point in its life. I love the Altitude and would prefer a 2015, but will ultimately come down to numbers for me.

I come from a Honda family, and would be completely new to any brand outside that. I am looking for input on what to expect from a GC and Jeeps in general. Any specific things to look out for in regards to maintenance and reliability? Is there anything specific I should be looking for when I go to look at them? I am eyeing a couple Altitudes with around 60k miles but many GC's seem to be putting upwards of 80k-100k. The lower the better, but specifically with these cars, is that high of mileage getting into any type of danger zone reliability-wise? Jeeps seem to hold value, but it seems kinda crazy to pay close to $20k for a car with that high mileage.

Thanks in advance for all responses. I will continue exploring the forum for info, but if there are any specific threads that could help me research, I would really appreciate links to them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-17-2019, 09:20 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

In general, the WK2 (Grand Cherokee) is pretty reliable. You will see people here complain about things but that is standard for a forum. In general, the steel sprung suspension is less likely to have an issue than the air suspension.

I have a 17 WK2 Trailhawk that is my wife's. She loves it and so far, I haven't had any issues outside of a bad fitting piece of interior trim that the dealer took care of.

She has close to 30K on it now because she makes 800+ mile trips frequently.

Both the Hemi and the Pentastar are good engines. The newer GC's with the 8 speed had some teething problems in 2014 but those are remedied.

Check out WK2Jeeps.com for specs, etc.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in