To buy a 2010 jku sport of not too - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 06-29-2018, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Taylorfoy

It will be mostly a DD but will see the beach and uwharrie which from the looks of it is more trails. I like the look of 37s but I’m not sure how well the stock axles will hold up to em. I run 35s on my yj back home and have been able to do a lot but that’s in Washington and I now live in North Carolina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 06-30-2018, 05:43 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

You can do anything at Uwharrie with 35's and one locker. Daniel, Dickey Bell and Dutch John are the harder ones and even on the condition they are in now, I do them with a JK, 35's and lockers. Most of the time, using just my rear locker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #18 of 22 Old 06-30-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Taylorfoy

That’s goood to know! I don’t plan on doing anything super crazy I just want to get that badge from uwharrie lol

post #19 of 22 Old 07-02-2018, 08:45 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Huh? Uwharrie has a badge?

Which trail/trails? I have done them all. Would be cool to get a badge.

06 KJ
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #20 of 22 Old 07-02-2018, 09:43 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
think he is think of the Jeep logo thing where you run a trail you pay for a badge that has kinda the look of the trail rated Jk thing. metal. Never seen any on tj? If they take your money then i would think you could put it on a prius. its GPS location too. Unless the area has issues, like gps phones are out of data range etc.. I heard on the Rubicon you can just go to the dealer in Tahoe. i guess they figure you went that far. But just having the badge dont mean you took the hard way as well. just got back from there last week. they make a badge for Dusy ,Fordyce, Moab. just sends your money.

If those are stock axles? yea 37s can break things even on JkR d44s that are a bit stronger. even if you put in chromoly the front u joint is the fuse most times. so if you run harder trail( seems to vary what is too) out west we have so many great hard trails. bending a rear flange is not uncommon as well. Much of that is running trail you need 37 locked or dont go. not that 35s locked would not make it in the right hands. But its going to be very hard on the belly you will do a ton of grinding.

what gears does it have? i mean 37s 4.0 should be have some deep gears or it wont move. 35s tend to be 5.13/38s? in a tj? there are better guys here to say. it depend somewhat on trans only since that 42le makes gearing a deep gear on any tire really.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 22 Old 11-18-2018, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Taylorfoy

Well have you ever heard of the story where you go to the store and someone’s like hey I’ll buy your jeep and you throw out a number and they say sure, well it happened so I said bye bye tj lol
And the badge thing is by jeep you run a trail and send pics via the badge of honor app and they will send you a little badge thing saying what trail it was. It’s pretty cool and free
post #22 of 22 Old 11-27-2018, 01:30 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
think he is think of the Jeep logo thing where you run a trail you pay for a badge that has kinda the look of the trail rated Jk thing. metal. Never seen any on tj? If they take your money then i would think you could put it on a prius. its GPS location too. Unless the area has issues, like gps phones are out of data range etc.. I heard on the Rubicon you can just go to the dealer in Tahoe. i guess they figure you went that far. But just having the badge dont mean you took the hard way as well. just got back from there last week. they make a badge for Dusy ,Fordyce, Moab. just sends your money.

If those are stock axles? yea 37s can break things even on JkR d44s that are a bit stronger. even if you put in chromoly the front u joint is the fuse most times. so if you run harder trail( seems to vary what is too) out west we have so many great hard trails. bending a rear flange is not uncommon as well. Much of that is running trail you need 37 locked or dont go. not that 35s locked would not make it in the right hands. But its going to be very hard on the belly you will do a ton of grinding.

what gears does it have? i mean 37s 4.0 should be have some deep gears or it wont move. 35s tend to be 5.13/38s? in a tj? there are better guys here to say. it depend somewhat on trans only since that 42le makes gearing a deep gear on any tire really.
Actually, this program doesn't cost you anything. You load the app on your phone and check in at the place where the badge is available. Tell them you did it, send a picture if you want and eventually they send you a badge in the mail.

It's kind of cool but more on the idea of dash plaques. I have a couple, I like them but certainly wouldn't have paid for them.

06 KJ
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in