about to buy a rubicon

anything I should know?

what kind of mileage do you guys get

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

when mine was stock i got between 15 and 17mpg. now that I've got it lifted, i get between 9 and 16mpg

The only thing you should worry about is if you have enough money when you get the modding bug

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or follow us on
post #3 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
tamersinger
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ive already got some kc slimlites for it (hehe)

but for now just some quick disco's and some more lights....probably a hi lift mount

post #4 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 PM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you can see all the crap ive done to mine in my signature, dont even bother guessing, its close to $9,000 and its not done yet

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds:
and

or follow us on
post #5 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
tamersinger
2006 TJ Wrangler 

how do you like your warn bumpers?
post #6 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
bman9089

2005 TJ Wrangler 

IMO, unless you are really planning on wheeling it, I'd get a cheaper model (X,SE,Sahara,Sport) with a D44 and build that up.

It would just be a waste to buy a vehicle with a 4:1 t-case and lockers front and rear if you aren't going to use it.

It's just irritating to see people buy the rubicon and complain about the rough, noisy MTRs and bad gas mileage.

Just know why you're buying it before you buy it.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
post #7 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
06slvrrubi
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Just like spyder, when mine was stock (only for two days before I lifted it) I got that same as my 05 Rocky Mountain Edition (X model with an upgrade package), which was between 15 and 17 mpg.
After I lifted it 5 inches and put 35's on, I now get a consistent 11.5 mpg.

Have had and sold 4 Jeeps,
just bought #5.

2004 Wrangler Columbia Edition
post #8 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:00 PM
DogHouse

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089
IMO, unless you are really planning on wheeling it, I'd get a cheaper model (X,SE,Sahara,Sport) with a D44 and build that up.

It would just be a waste to buy a vehicle with a 4:1 t-case and lockers front and rear if you aren't going to use it.

It's just irritating to see people buy the rubicon and complain about the rough, noisy MTRs and bad gas mileage.

Just know why you're buying it before you buy it.
X2 I know someone who bought a Rubi and she barely uses it because she's afraid to break it? Even though there are at least five other Rubis with all the spares to repair whatever breaks on it.
post #9 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
tamersinger
2006 TJ Wrangler 

oh Im gonna use it....but right now I need relieable transprotation

Ive got a wheeler that I take to uwharrie national forest now just looking to get one vehicle before i got to college
post #10 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
bman9089

2005 TJ Wrangler 

well, i doubt, unless you find a great deal or a really cheap gas sipper that paying for a car and insurance will be less money than just paying for gas.

If your commutes are going to be long, even though I really hate to see A/Ts on a rubi, I understand some people need them for long commutes therefore you might want them.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

post #11 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 PM
bman9089

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse
X2 I know someone who bought a Rubi and she barely uses it because she's afraid to break it? Even though there are at least five other Rubis with all the spares to repair whatever breaks on it.
Hah.

I was friends with a girl a year ago before she moved who had a rubi with all the works, including a snorkel. She got her parents to buy it for her. That thing was a beast, but I guarantee my stock sport saw more dirt and mud than that rubi ever did. What a shame, I would have been glad to trade with her.

I used to give her crap (EDIT: tease her) when I saw her in the parking lot on the occassional days, once or twice a year, that it was dirty.

Last edited by bman9089; 11-08-2007 at 10:00 PM.
post #12 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
tamersinger
2006 TJ Wrangler 

umm Im not gonna have any money for a gas sipper

my 93 blazer 2 door gets 11 mpg....so i know the rubi will get more just looking at what to expect thats all....

ill be running the mtr's until i get it payed off (gonna be a 10g loan...) or till they wear out and then put a 3 inch lift on it and 285's
post #13 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Laxstar46

some of you guys I think forget that not only does owning a jeep cost money but wheeling can get very expensive as well. Not gonna lie i'm afraid to wheel mine and break stuff. I don't have the money to be just throwing it out on repairs I could have easily avoided so mebbe just chill out on people that don't go all out like you people do.
post #14 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
nevadamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxstar46
some of you guys I think forget that not only does owning a jeep cost money but wheeling can get very expensive as well. Not gonna lie i'm afraid to wheel mine and break stuff. I don't have the money to be just throwing it out on repairs I could have easily avoided so mebbe just chill out on people that don't go all out like you people do.
That's true but you don't have to go out there and do the hard or extream stuff just go out there. I'm about as poor as it gets right now, and I still wheel mine, but on the other hand **** happens I just had to buy a new radiator fenders and bumper from wheeling
post #15 of 22 Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 PM
bman9089

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxstar46
We're not ragging on people that wheel lightly. hell, I wheel lightly too. I don't have the funds to replace parts, plus I don't wheel for a challenge, I do it to relax. Breaking stuff isn't relaxing.

We just rag on those who pay $10,000 more for a vehicle and don't wheel AT ALL.

Even a Rubi on a light trail wouldn't bother me. Not at all. At least they're using it. That's the whole point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in