81 CJ7 Value - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2020, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
rlmoore44

81 CJ7 Value

I ran across what appears to be a decent cj.....known downside is that it has a blown head gasket and possible cracked head 6cy-258. Its a hardtop and appears all be there to include seats/dash...down to original steering wheel/fan shroud. .... and ok paint. I know what Im up against due to age, as I have a 83 also that I have done extensive work to. This jeep runs but overheats in about 10 min.

I will assume the head is cracked....I found another head for $100/travel to get/machine shop cost/my time in labor.....This is just to get it running.....Im sure we will find 25 other things that need to be replaced immediately once we stark crawling around.

The guy is asking 6400....thoughts....? And ideas on the head or possible other damage.....?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2020, 07:26 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
seems a bit high for a none running very unknown entity. would be a gamble and i think its over priced as not running. no way you will know what works as is.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2020, 09:54 PM
RedBolide

$6400 does sound a bit steep, but it's not anything too crazy. Considering you've already done work on your 83, I don't think you need to be too intimidated by taking on a non-running project. If the seller has some wiggle room, I'd try and get him down. But if he's stubborn and you really like it, you aren't getting ripped off for the full price imo. Good luck!

'03 Wrangler Sport / '98 Grand Cherokee Laredo / '90 Comanche Eliminator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in